Author Topic: Two Would Be Cherokee Tribes in Kentucky  (Read 28065 times)

Offline VHawkins

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Two Would Be Cherokee Tribes in Kentucky
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 12:57:27 pm »
You mention that there were a few members of this cult that are Indian and show the photo. Here is what one person whom I was told was a member of this group, said on my Chickamauga Research group --

"Puleeeese . . . Ya'll are talking as if you're in high school . . . you're either Indian or not . . . if there happens to be a darker skinned person in my tribe who has a chip on their shoulder, who the heck
cares?"

---

Sure sounds like htis person has a chip on their shoulder, doesn't it? Is this what the Burnside group really thinks about American Indians? hmm . . .

I have grown to hate hearing "you are either Indian or you are not" -- when I hear that I know they have probably been raised white and know very little of the heritage.

I will ALWAYS say, like my father before me, "Oh, I have a little Indian blood, not much, tho" -- and he had brown skin, black hair and brown eyes.

I am so tired of that "you are either Indian or you are not" comment & attitude that were I younger and seeing them in person and not on the internet, well I'd wanna punch 'em in the nose . . . least they'd be a little bit red then . . .

vance

Offline raven

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 02:46:03 pm »
This just proves what this group is.  A formation of twit wits, that have no concept of what a tribe, band or whatever they classify themselves as.
No where from any federal tribe, do they post their members photos or whereabouts. Even organizations whether it be native or not, doesn't do postings of their members.
This just proves the point of what you are. Any group that uses this tactic is a cult, it is a ploy to try and entice other naive people to join you.
A legitimate group doesn't have to use such tactics.
This isn't maybe a cult it is.If you don't know what a cult is, well it is a group or system of religious worship and order.
A culture is a form of civilization, with beliefs, arts and customs. No where is this seen in your group.
You are certainly not a civilization, a group of people do not constitute that.
Belief, well you fail in that department, what is your belief system based on, it is not of Cherokee belief.
Art and Customs, well there are a lot of people out there that are craftmen that does not make them a culture. Customs, don't see that in your picture either, you have to know customs to practice them. My family has a custom at X-mas we travel to another town to look at light displays, I don't think that makes us a civilzation.
So as I see it , if a group of say 20 of my friends, we could sit down and form a native band, wow that would be easy. Hey anyone interested, my friends and I are going to form the Northern Great Lakes Cherokee, we own a large piece of land here, we could set up long houses, medicine house, we have caves here, wow that would be a great place to hold council meetings. get our own site, and bam we're a band. Hey thanks for the pointers of how to form a band, maybe you would do better going out into the circuit and doing seminars on how to form an "Indian Band". Bet that would pay for that land you are out there solicitating monies for.
So anyone interested in joining my Northern Great Lakes Cherokees let me know. But if you like the Burnside group and want to join here's their email address.
Yonv777@alltel.net
lobiso@alltel.net.
But if you join their group instead of mine, I would understand, they have  priests sitting on their council,  Well may be we could too, I live across the street to a catholic church and priests I'll go over and ask him today if he would like to be in my group.
He could be our UKU, wow what a great concept, having the black robes in our band. Another case of history repeating itself again. Do you people know nothing of history, then maybe you should go ask a Navaho.

Offline VHawkins

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 02:11:48 pm »
Al, did you see that post about "Cherokee Heritage Foundation"? It popped up just after these other 2. Nobody has ever heard of it. I wonder if it is related to one of those groups?

Where do these off the wall Cherokee groups come from?? It's like the Cherokee are constantly  besieged by this great flood of wackos.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2005, 12:04:51 am »
Saw it Vance, have no idea who they are, couldn't find anything.

The latest from the wife of the "chief" and my answer to her.
-----
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 16:48:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: NAFPS
To: "Lobiso" <lobiso@alltel.net>

I put my answers within the text so it'll be clearer what I'm responding to. My words have >>>

Lobiso <lobiso@alltel.net> wrote: My turn to apologize for delays.  Maybe we can start over.  I don't have a lot of time now, and I'll be out of town for about two weeks starting Monday.  

>>>Sure, as I said before what I'm trying to do is get to the bottom and sort out competing claims. Above all I want to see fewer people harmed or misled.

In answer to your plastics we've shown the door - most recently we had a run-in with the Manataka outfit, who stole some things from our newsletter/website and published them without permission in their newsletter.  We've since found out this is the way they operate and we're certainly not the first.

>>>Definitely. Trish has a warning about them on her site and letters from former members. If you could find the time, could you forward what happened to her? Another group, the Am Indian Heritage Center in Arkanas, also has very extensive warnings on Manataka, and I'm sure they'd appreciate another account as well.

As for others, it's mostly folks who want to "join" the CKY-C and send us emails like "I'm a medicine man and a shaman" or the reincarnation of Dragging Canoe or that they channel Jesus.
Others have been folks that we did enroll, and who then tried to enlighten us with a bunch of new-age gobbly gook.  Others we advise to look elsewhere are those that have names like "crystal wind walking on the clouds" and "three feathers standing in the center" - you get my drift.  And Bible-thumping missionaries - we send those elsewhere too.

One that left about a month ago did so because her 'daughter' tried to enroll claiming that her father was a full-blood and a shaman to boot.  When Uku explained our feelings on that sort of thing, she became indignant and blasted him with all sorts of accusations (sound familiar?).  Then the daughter did the same thing.  A week later, that one said she was sorry and wanted to come back. She said she was just reacting to her 'daughter' being spoken to in a harsh manner by the Chief.  Oh yeah - she also told us this isn't her real daughter, it's her daughter from a past life.  Good grief!  No, she was not enrolled.

>>>I'm not so concerned about the ones who are primarily harming or misleading themselves, but if you know of any of these who are setting themselves up as would be "online medicine men" etc, please let me know about them in as much detail as you have.

As I tried to explain - we have some VERY traditional Tsalagi people on our rolls.  We have some very traditional Lakota/Cherokee people as well, with ties to Pine Ridge, White Earth, Rosebud.  We are known there,  and in a Good Way.

>>>Interesting. We have Lakota at NAFPS too. Perhaps they know the same ones you know?

I asked Yonv to explain the 'Voices of the Ancestors' book for you; here is what he said:

<<I have recommended the book with the admonishment to look at the origin stories and some of the information concerning the Priesthood. I understand that, as many things are, she is controversial, but truth is found in many places.

>>>"Controversial" does not begin to describe Fisher. She is an outright imposter, Jewish with no Cherokee ancestry at all that we can tell, and definitely a cult leader, one who cuts all ties between her followers and their families, controls every dime they make and every aspect of their lives, and tells her followers her son is the reincarnation of a living god.

What is interesting about her book is it comes closer to what the elders taught me of the origin stories and the priest hood than anything I have found out there,

>>>I'd disagree strongly with that, as would our Cherokee members.

because not many have written of these things. Yes, she is into Buddhism, but like it or not, the old ones practiced some very similar exercises among the Tsalagi.

>>>Oh boy. To say Cherokee and Buddhist beliefs have any similarity whatsoever says that your "chief" does not know much.
>>>No reincarnation in Cherokee beliefs, no belief in karma or dharma, no martial arts, no orders of monks and nuns. For that matter, there's not even any specific mention of a deity in Buddhism.

I always tell people that the truth is in their own hearts and there is where they will know the difference. I have been very careful to make people aware that there are many different versions of things and that it is the Spirit of the All that is that will guide us and our own hearts where the Truth speaks to us.

>>>Sorry, but your chief is spouting Nuage beliefs here, not Cherokee or any Native tradition I've ever heard. There are many spirits and many people you cannot trust, and many deceivers out there.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2005, 12:06:55 am »
Pt 2
We know you are getting messages from our open list - the comment about Uku Yonv "making Uku Lame Deer an Uku" went out within hours of the post.

>>>Yes, from multiple sources. You have quite a few people upset with you, more than are pleased with what you do. So far I have not seen a single defense of your group by anyone but you.

What wasn't sent to you is that Uku Lame Deer has been a leader and a "chief" of the Buffalo River Wazhazhe for a long time.

>>>Oh boy. CLD appears to be a very questionable character at best. He's claimed at different times to be Lakota, Munsee, or Osage, and now he's using a Cherokee title?

Uku Yonv was simply telling those in the CKY-C that he is to be addressed as such on our lists - the Lakota have different ways of doing things.

>>>Yes, and I've never heard of them doing anything like insisting on being called by another tribe's title.

And before you ask that question - they have asked to be included in our rolls because these Lakota also have Chickamaugan ancestry.  Since we are about Unity, there was no question.  

>>>Oh brother. They claim to be Lakota, but they are calling themselves Wazhazhe? That's the Osage name for themselves.

Let's see, I'm trying to remember some of the other 'comments.'  Oh yes - someone was upset because I said 'we are all related' in Tsalagi.  Oh brother - we won't even go there.  Go find me a real Indian that doesn't believe we are all related.  

>>>You wouldn't have far to go. That's not only not a phrase never used by any actual Indians, that's not even a Lakota phrase. It's a Nuage bad translation of Lakota. See this for the actual phrase and its meaning.
http://users.pandora.be/gohiyuhi/nafps/articles/art04.htm

Uku Yonv spent a whole summer with a Lakota Elder who taught him the Lakota ways and passed the right to pour to him.  Then we had a man from Pine Ridge staying with us for several months who also did that.

>>>Who was this? There are quite a few exploiters who pose as Lakota elders. It could be he was deceived. The real ones tend not to hand out "right to pour" left and right, especially since your "chief" has such questionable judgement on many things.

Then he received instruction in the Tsalagi way, from an Elder enrolled in the CNO - and permission to pour.

>>>Oh brother. There is no "Tsalagi way" of doing a sweat. Traditional Cherokees have Going to the Waters, which is almost the opposite of of a sweat.

we now have on our rolls folks who are Chickamauga/Lakota, with lineage back to Fool's Crow.

>>>To put it mildly, an "interesting" claim.

Concerning Vance and his group of 'documented Chickamauga' research - I admire what they are trying to accomplish.  However, they are not folks who are living Tsalagi,

>>>Actually Vance lives in Oklahoma in and around Cherokee communities. But he does not put on airs of "more Cherokee than you" if that's what you mean.
Sorry, but the truth is, none of you seem to live Cherokee from what I can tell. To start with the obvious, "Tsalagi" is not generally used by Cherokee, who prefer to say Cherokee. "Tsalagi" is generally used by people who have recently discovered they had ancestry, and overcompensate.

or they would have the understanding about things not written down; things that are part of the Tsalagi oral history.  The documentation they solely rely on was written by the same people who were hell bent on exterminating the Tsalagi.  Do they think those people actually took time to document everything about a village before it was burned to the ground?  Do you think Tsalagi ancestors were stupid enough to give the Anglos all the details about everything they wanted to know?

>>>Oh brother. Conspiracy thinking at its worst.
There's a difference between that and regard for oral tradition. And Vance knows about oral traditions quite a bit.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2005, 12:09:34 am »
Pt 3
Now, I'd like to ask you something. Who put you in charge of deciding who or what is a Native fraud?

>>>Oh brother. That sounds so Nuagey.
First, since when someone need an elder's permission before doing what is right?
Second, a great many elders have requested, over and over, help with dealing with frauds.
Just a short list, the first FOURTEEN councils of elders resolutions calling for a halt to frauds, abusers, and exploiters, including Diane Fisher.
http://users.pandora.be/gohiyuhi/articles/index.htm
Collectively those fourteen resolutions have perhaps five hundred different elders names on them. The most famous, the Lakota Declaration of War, has over three hundred elders names on it alone, from nearly fifty Lakota, Dakota, and Nakota tribes and bands.

>>>I should also mention that Bernard Red Cherries of the Northern Cheyenne is someone NAFPS has been glad to work with. A number of us sent support to aid him in his work.

>>>Does that answer your ridiculous question?

>>>And do you apply the same standard to others? Do you ask someone Black if they went for permission from their local minister before they spoke out against the Klan, for example? Or is it just a given that Blacks know the Klan is their enemy, just like Natives know imposters and frauds like Diane Fisher are their enemy.

Were you given this right by a Council of Elders, or from one of the Reserves?

>>>Are you from Canada? In the US they're called reservations. Interesting, didn't know there were Cherokee in Canada outside of the occasional tourist.

Who are your Ancestors? Are you yourself Tsalagi? Have you been taught the Origin Stories and the way of our Ancestors? If you are not Tsalagi, how can you profess to know the truth about Tsalagi ways, especially what is NOT written in books or documents?  

>>>You already know I'm not Cherokee, but it's pretty obvious to me I know more about Cherokee ways than either you or the "chief". As much as it might pain you, your lack of knowledge is glaring and obvious.

I would hope that before you engage in a witch-hunt

>>>Oh brother. For all your claims of wanting to start over, why do you break out the hyperbole and get so melodramatic?
Asking for answers is hardly the same as mass murder. It seems you've never known prejudice in your life, or you wouldn't make such a hysterical claim.

based on the opinions of a few that have a radical, militant 'redder than thou' attitude,

>>>Sorry, but you need to face facts. What we do is very mainstream in Indian Country. Protecting spiritual traditions is widely respected by elders and by just about all Indians.

that you seek out the Old Ones, the Grandmothers and Grandfathers who can give you some better insight on what it means to be Tsalagi, if you ask in the proper way.

>>>I would suggest you and the would be "chief" do the same. So far I've seen almost no sign you know much about Cherokee tradition. You both seem sadly clueless, whether you want to admit it or not.

With respect,
Nogwisi

>>>"With respect"? I hope you can learn to respect Cherokee traditions, because I've seen little of that so far, and all our Cherokee members seem to agree.
And how about your actual name? Instead of trying to impress me (and failing, as we can all see), why not simply say your name is Mary or Jane or whatever it actually is? I don't flaunt an "Indian name", that would not be the right thing to do. And I've never met an actual Cherokee that does that either, just seen it done by those with distant ancestry who are trying to overcompensate.
Still, it's a hopeful sign that you wrote back, and I hope you'll continue to.
Al Carroll

Offline VHawkins

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2005, 12:26:21 pm »
I have to say I live in SW Ok, a 5 or 6 hour drive from where most Cherokee are in NE Ok, depending on how willin' I am to gamble on gettin' a speedin' ticket. The oldser I get, the less likely I am to make that gamble.

I'd like to comment on the Lakota/Chickamauga connection -- I don't believe there is any.

Chickamauga towns only separated from the other Cherokee towns about 1775, always lived near them, and a great many  were eventually integrated back into the Cherokee Nation.

Arkansas Cherokee were those who most definitely those who did not want to give up the traditional ways -- they wanted to continue to hunt with a traditional hunting grounds. These were primarily from the Lower Towns, which were the Chickamaua towns. Once in Arkansas however they started attending Churches and schools as their Eastern brothers had done 20 years previously. Newcomers from the East considered them "backwards" and they wanted to catch up, and did. They'd since quit "pining" for the old ways.

They fought many wars with the Osage, who already lived in Arkansas. The Osage speak a Siouan language and as such would haveknown their northern cousins quite well.

As far as I know, there was never any interaction between the Chickamauga and the Lakota. some delegations of Chickamauga did travel to detroit in an attempt to get supplies from the Brittish on at least 2 occasions, and maybe more. Some claim (I do ot know if it is true or not) that the Santee Sioux came from the Carolinas (they had been allies of the Catawba) to the Western Great Lakes after contact with the Spanish. If this occurred or not I can not say, but they too were enemies with the Cherokee, and this "migration" (if it occurred) occurred long before the Chickamauga towns were established in the mid 1770s.

But other that this, there is nothing to substantiate any link between the Cherokee and the Lakota. If you have evidence of this please share it. I have to say it sounds like nonsense, tho.

thank you,

Vance

Offline piya

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2005, 03:00:44 pm »
Not being Lakota or Cherokee, I can't say nothing of what's what!

What I can say is, " Name Traditional Elders Who Give You Support" its as easy as that.

Like other members here I know people from these nations, if they agree with names etc, then that would lead a way. To conceal that shows a big ????.

Piya Running Jumping Bull Fly's Like An Eagle Crystal Warrior

To Old To Die Young

Raven(Robin)W- Lawson

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2005, 03:41:24 pm »
My name is Raven Walkingstick-Lawson, my nickname is Robin.
As a former member of the CKY ( actually a time period of 72 hrs). My family and I were subjected to explotations, by posting on the beginners list with photos of all of us from my yahoo 360. I invited two members to view it, and then the following day it was posted on their site. If this is not a means of explotation then I must be a total idiot.
I was concerned to have a clan mother, who stated that she grew up in a  traditional Cherokee community, yet knew nothing about the traditions and asked if I would teach her what I knew. Now if you say that I have twisted this, then I will post exactly what was said, so there is no misunderstandings.
I read that the group states they have ties to White Earth, Al is very much aware that my husband sun danced there under Mick Norris. I did tell your group that was a sun dance family to my family here. So as I read the name dropping, and most of them are ties that my family have, not yours. This is another means of being what you really aren't. I speak not as a digruntled former member, but as an objective human being.
I was a very open book to you, I did this as a means to show that I am who I say I am.
I never claimed to be anything other than what I am.
By telling you about myself, I found that it was taken many times over and applied to yourselves. If you want that posted I will gladly do so.
I tested the theory of how you group applies the "old ways". To give an example. When the posting came out with CLD being "UKU". I asked him in a private e mail about using the name hunka, since he stated he was Lakota. In response he posted a public letter to me in the group, that came down to saying "when in rome do as the romans do" he made it a point to share his life as a friar and how things work within the catholic order.
Well I'm not in Rome, and I am certainly not Catholic. I responded with a letter to the "clan mother's that since it was required to follow real trditions, I stated that I would and that from that point on I ask that any man from the group, especially those that was to speak to me directly that they would have to go through my husband. The next day came a posting that we have to adjust to the times. This is a total contridition of what was said the day before This tradition is not just an old one, it still is in practice with many elders today in the present.I  believe I can honestly say I was the only one that spoke as a real person. with real thoughts of my own.
So I ask the group to disconnect them selves from me, which I see hasn't happened yet, because of the name dropping.
What is a cherokee doing in a sweat? My husband is an Inipi man, but I do not sweat. I cook and feed the people that come, but as a traditional I do not sweat. And the right to pour water. That comes from commentments of 4 years as a sun dancer. Not from someone who tells you to pour water on the rocks. As you will note I did not use the term " grandfathers" for the rocks. There is a reason for that. My husband has many years as a sun dancer with several " families".
One thing that is traditional with Cherokees,( sharing some tradition with you so listen) Is when you go to an elders home you take tobacco, and many also bring coffee and other staples. That is what is done in my house. That I was taught and that is what I practice. So when people come to my home to sweat with my husband, they know who I am and always bring those things to my home.
The talks of humbleness, and the "Yonega" not my word, yours, "has not connected to" well I see that more in CKY than in the 'white society".
As you read this, you may say that I am a person of low self esteem, or I have an inflated ego. I don't have time in my life for either. I am not trying to be something I am not. I was willing to try to "Guide" all of you to what real native people are about, but that theory got blown out of the water within 24 hrs. of me being a "member". As my grandfather told me " They don't want to know the truth,  and traditions., so don't waste your time trying" Once again as I have seen many times over, this applied in my life with the CKY.
But as I see it since you tried to use me as a means to "recruit" new members. I believe perhaps I can return the favor to you. I can send you all the new members that believe as you. It is really an unlimited number. This would be a great honor as a "vessel, a conduit for the divine light ". Got lots of them around that believe in the divine light.
So I am taking one piece of "teaching" that is " focus on what we were created for" That is a easy one for me.
I didn't come into the group, because I need a "family" I have a very big one, it's called a tribe. I came in to give you the insight to what  race we all are, it's called the human race.
So with that I have no more to say, I will not be surprised if you feel that you have to justify your actions, with a response. That is not required here, for it serves no purpose to what the truth is.

Offline raven

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2005, 04:41:55 pm »
I have taken the liberty to contact the AIM chapters, to make them aware of what has took place with my dealings with your group. I have sent out all the postings private and public, so they know the whole picture here.

walking-soft

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2005, 05:05:35 pm »
 Well now what do we have here??hmmm. Do you ckys know what BIG TROUBLE you can get into when you throw names out there that you have no rights to. I know of that happening once and a whole caravan of LAKOTAS came and tore evrything down and took what didn't belong. Other tribes are no different DON'T TOSS NAMES AROUND without permission because it will come back to you in a way thats not good. Thats a fact you exploit one tribal member your are really exploxting the whole tribe. That  jerry is the truth.
Great pow wow hey, what was that little thing you did?????   So sorry Robin but you did a good thing in a good way, may creators blessings be upon you and all your FAMILY.     Angela

Offline VHawkins

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2005, 12:18:51 am »
What I said about Santee Sioux might have been nonsense, I'm not sure.

I was just trying to think of how the Cherokee might have interacted with the Lakota people. It is possibly a conicidence there were Santee Sioux in both South Carolina (allied to the Catawba) and in Minnesota. I don't know if they migrated from one place to the other or if there were always 2 separate and distinct groups.

Anyhow -- the point was there WAS no connection between the Chickamauga and the Lakota as these people claimed.

vance

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2005, 03:58:25 pm »
This is from the welcome message that the "chief" sends to new members. Notice it's loaded with Nuage ideas dressed up as Cherokee. I've put >>> to indicate the worst and most obviously Nuage parts.

-----
CKYBeginnings@yahoogroups.com
Date: 23 Oct 2005 09:34:38 -0000
....Wado.
O'Siyo Sidanelv ale Sunale Osda, (Hello Family and Good Morning)....
There are people who come here and because of their lack of understanding of the "Way of the True Human Being" they get off on the wrong foot. I am speaking of people who perceive themselves to be teachers, shamans, medicine people and so on. We are not naive or unaware of the real thing. The fastest way to identify someone who is not - is when they tell you they are....
We are not endeavoring to convince you we are Cherokee or anything else.... That old NDN saying,
>>>"We are All Related" is what that is all about....  
I am speaking of one that is conscious of their presence and the idea of respect at levels that the Yonega, (White World) has never seemed to connect to....
You would not be here if Spirit had not directed you here....
There is much going on and developing for the Cherokees of Kentucky-Chickamauga. Land, Not for Profit, Gatherings,
>>>preparation for the Shift of the Age, it is an infinite job to
>>>Serve the Source of the All that Is....
>>>Each one of us are a vessel, a conduit for the Divine Light to flow through. That is the reason we must be clear....
>>>Actually, it can mostly be unloaded when we let go of the Ego.
>>>When we realize that there is a separate self that wants to survive at all costs, and there is a >>>Real Self that is so much more magnificent, when allowed to surface and Live, we have to make a choice. Many compromise and live between worlds.
>>>Some, find the courage to kill the old separate self and let go of the Ego....
>>>In the end, it is said, "When we find the source of the ego, we find bliss". That is because the >>>realization of the true self is a revelation of an unlimited being with unlimited potential. It does not get any better that that....
Uku Yonv
Anitsisqua

Offline VHawkins

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2005, 11:34:38 pm »
Thanks for changin' the subject. :)

Are they saying the Chickamauga believed that stuff and talked about it -- Ego, bliss, unlimited potential, conduit of a divine life ?? ?

Oh I can just see Dragging Canoe leading his warriors into battle in the 1780s giving them a pep talk about that stuff, suuuuure . . .

Good grief.

?????

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2005, 02:48:35 am »
Various things their leaders have said on their site:

http://www.cherokeesofkentucky.org/August05.htm
"From the Principal Chief: ….This all started when the "FALL" from Unity Consciousness was complete….
I ask you to join the CKY in Spirit and return to a way of life that is in harmony and rhythm with the Universal Song of Love that emanates from the Source.
Let's begin now to lose the fear and step forward, and let's take each other's hand. I reach out in the Spirit of the All that Is, no more or less than you. Together, we can manifest Unity and the Old Way once again. Now is the time to act on these understandings. The time until the culmination of the end of the Age and the Movement up the Spiral is at hand. There will be upheaval and turmoil that is going to occur along the way….
Uku Yonv
Anitsisqua

Dept. of Tribal Affairs (DTA) Notes...
Gathering 2005!…There was a powerful, healing Sweat Lodge. We joined in Ceremony in the Circle on the hill. We had naming Ceremonies, and Frank Looking Eagle had put the finishing touches on the Ceremonial Staff, which was Blessed and Honored in Ceremony and now resides at the DTA….
Most of the Gathering attendees were Council members - and the Council went to work.
ClanMother Nogwisi
AniWahya / DTA

Aug. 10: Ceremony at Yahula (Yahoo) Falls, Kentucky...
Once again, Uku Yonv, ClanMother Nogwisi, Uku Giga Tali - and anyone who would like to participate, will be doing Ceremony to Honor the Ancestors (most of whom were women and children) who were killed on Aug. 10, 1810, at Yahoo Falls, Kentucky….
The 1810 massacre of Cherokee elder men, women, children and babies was a horrific incident that changed and nullified the ancient energies of this Sacred Place. But since energy can't be destroyed, only changed, one only has to walk the ancient trails through the Kentucky woods - put a hand on some of the Grandfather rocks, pay attention to the older trees that have survived the loggers and the years, and listen with the heart, to hear the Ancestors and know the Sacredness remains. Those ancient energies are hiding in the rocks, in the trees and crevices, in the water itself. There's a low vibration, as if they are just below the surface, waiting for release, waiting for a sign that it's safe to come out into the open again….
The Real People who come here know that this place is still Sacred, in spite of its more recent history, and that it has an integral part in this place in time, in the coming Shift of the Ages. They know that it is an Energy Portal, a Sound Chamber, a point on a Triangle and part of a much larger picture.
....ClanMother Nogwisi (this article first appeared in the Spring, 2004 issue of GREEN CORN).

From the Principal Chief:…
There will be a great darkness before the dawn. It is always the way. People will continue on with their lives hoping and wishing it will go away. It will continue to get worse and people will begin to lose heart. Because of the domino effect, with the rising gas prices and the rising cost of everything, it will become harder and harder for the middle class to stay in the middle.
There is a Light in all this. We, the Cherokee, and other indigenous peoples of the Americas and the world, have known of this coming darkness as long as Edoda has had us here on the Earth Mother. Being time keepers, along with the Maya and the Hopi, these understandings have been passed down and kept. …
Uku Yonv
Anitsisqua"