Author Topic: Randy Crow Parsons & Tray Ravenfoot Bradford (was North Texas sweat)  (Read 11238 times)

Offline choctawwind

Re: Randy Crow Parsons & Tray Ravenfoot Bradford (was North Texas sweat)
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 11:18:12 pm »
The first thing you need to ask is if the water pourer is tribally enrolled and if they have sun danced for at least 4 years and quested for at least 4 years and they sing the songs in TRADITIONAL languages.  People can donate to the lodge if they want to for the expenses involved in putting on a ceremony, everyone knows that it costs money and traditionally I was always taught to take care of my leaders.  I am a tribally enrolled Indn, sundancer and have been given authority to pour lodges by several different Chiefs.  So, first of all, if the water pourer does not meet the criteria of being tribally enrolled, sun dancer, and quested, and most importantly, they MUST know the spiritual songs to conduct a sweat lodge and be a pipe carrier.  All of this applies.  Also, to expect people to heal you, and help you - any medicine person knows it is extremely disrespectful.  The medicine person who is healing pays a great price for the health of the people.  So get real here.  Go to any healer anywhere, Indigenous or not and expect them to heal you from cancer and trauma and not to gift them?  Hello, well then that person is a fraud to because I would NEVER DISRESPECT my Chiefs or Elders in that way.

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 03:09:25 pm »
choctaws sundance?

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 03:09:59 pm »
never heard of a Choctaws sundance thing u learn on the net
In Spirit