Author Topic: Eagle Cloud Woman - Doreen Davis  (Read 10538 times)

nighthawk

Re: Eagle Cloud Woman - Doreen Davis
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 11:50:03 pm »
- removed by author -
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:37:04 am by nighthawk »

Offline Ric_Richardson

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 04:30:46 am »
Tansi;

I have not looked at the website offering information about Traditional plant use, but do recognize some of those listed, in the previous message.

It is often potentially harmful to advise of some of the uses of plants, without providing explanations about the manner in which they are used, and that there are some who are knowledgeable about their uses and contraindications.

While many plants can be used in ways that are beneficial to health and healing, there are some of our people who have been "Gifted" in the ways of their use.  For others, who may think that "since they are natural, they must be good" they may use some very dangerous plants, in ways that can cause serious injury or even death.  The use of these can be done, with competent and capable people, but usually even they will advise the individual to consult their medical people, in order to work in cooperation and with knowledge of other treatments that the individual seeking help is experiencing.

A little knowledge can be a very dangerous thing!!!
Ric

Offline Raven2

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 10:53:34 am »
agreed, a little knowledge can be at times more dangerous than none. if you don't know, *ASK*. you don't show yourself to be weak by asking, it means you have an interest. took me a long time to get that, and i'm still working on it (going a bit off topic there, but shows the point).
--
I do not endorse this web site and forum.

Offline Amber

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 08:56:27 am »
This is the woman who says she is chief of Sharbot Lake...
 did you all find anything about the nut job???.. says she is Algonquin.. yet claims her ancestors are Mohawks...lol

Offline nishkwe

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 09:20:53 pm »
how can she be a chief.. there is no reserve in Sharbot Lake Ont.