Author Topic: Linda Heron Wind  (Read 10252 times)

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
Linda Heron Wind
« on: March 30, 2008, 04:13:10 pm »
Linda Heron Wind who has this NEW AGE group going here, she is still SELLING our ways and getting rich. We have tried to stop her and her people in the past but it hard when you only have a handful of people trying to bring them down. Anyhow she still is in business and she has a web site. Last I heard she worked out of her home, her religios group was called Circle Inc. 8042 Main Street, Fishers, New York 14564 (585)924-5620 They have this camp, they charge people to sweat and do all kinds of bogus stuff

This was messaged to our NAU MySpace page today...does anyone know of Linda?

I found these:

http://www.heronwind.com/

http://www.circleinc.org/Shequaga_04.htm

http://shameons.bravepages.com/  (The above info was posted on our page by Connie...who runs the Wall Of Shame)

Linda Heron Wind

F.O.B. (Friend of Brooke's) Linda Herron Wind is the proprietor of The Changing Woman Vision Quests Camps and the Mystery School which claims to teach these skills: "Basically the skills are those which allow the human to fuse with the Light Body and function as a fifth dimensional being. There are seven basic areas: spiritual attunement; knowledge of the mysteries; love mastery; manifestation; soul travel; mission fulfillment; and transcendence. Each of these involves experiential awareness, life integration, and initiatory tests."

In case you were wondering, "How Can I receive DNA activation over the telephone?" Linda has been looking for you. And if you're wondering What's the most asinine thing I can spend $100.00 on Linda's ready to meet your needs.

http://www.natureswisdommagazine.com/archive.htm

And theres a whole bunch of other stuff....all seems highly new age...but my issue is she is yet another non native selling our ceremony...and attempts have been made in the past the put a stop to this woman...but without many people working together...this has failed thus far. Any ideas?
There are no leaders in Unity

Offline NanticokePiney

Re: Linda Heron Wind
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 09:54:50 pm »
  "Mystery School","Developing Spiritual Leadership"
 Wonderful! she's creating "Spiritual Leaders" for groups, communities, and work places. Who the hell needs a "spiritual leader for the workplace". The part about "spiraling into the center" is insane.
  I think the the ethnic board for psychologists should be contacted. This woman doesn't deserve the license.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 11:42:05 pm »
You can point out her to the ethics boards. The fact that she does her version of vision quests should ring some alarm bells. Does she provide for their safety, or just leave them on a mountainside with no food or water? Does she check for poor health first for her clients/marks?

She also brags she's covered by many insurance plans. Contacting the insurance cos who don't cover her and pointing out why they don't to the companies that do, that should hit her in the pocket book.

You probably should find someone to pose as an interested potential client to find out directly from her which insurance cos cover her and which don't.

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 12:13:41 am »
I will look into that...thank you, its appreciated.
There are no leaders in Unity

Offline Kevin

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 02:12:02 am »
- sounds like an old hippy woman to me. Shoot! back when I was a hippy we used to eat morning glory flower seeds and take a trip and never leave the garden. some of us even made it to the moon while dancing around the flowers on earth - we must have  been doing all the dimensional stuff and soul flying and fifth dimension skin changing and  transcening and weren't charging a dime for it. Times have changed. I could have been fat and rich living on a beach where its warm  if I would have used my head back then.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 02:30:08 pm by Kevin »

Offline Spaewife

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 02:37:37 am »
Damn Kevin, reminds me of that one song from about 30 ago, take a trip and never leave the farm.

Offline Kevin

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 02:26:09 pm »
LOL spaewife.  Maybe it's already been done but there should be  a poll/contest for the best wannabe name - I guess people could start to make a list of special names, then one of the Moderators could pick in their opinion the top 10, start a special poll and we all could vote  - the winner will get a nice red chicken feather sent to them compliments of the staff and management of this forum. What'a'ya' say to that?? Personally, I would be honored if my secret  sacred gopher clan name could be put on the list, Dances With Badgers, but then I'm not one to put myself out front for honors. LOL
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 02:49:30 pm by Kevin »

frederica

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 01:12:53 am »
Maybe it's already been done but there should be  a poll/contest for the best wannabe name - I guess people could start to make a list of special names, then one of the Moderators could pick in their opinion the top 10, start a special poll and we all could vote  - the winner will get a nice red chicken feather sent to them compliments of the staff and management of this forum.
                 No one is going to waste their time with this.  You need to quit highjacking these threads.

Offline SouthwestSkeptic

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 07:09:41 am »
She was a third rate psychologists until she came up with a gimmick. Now she does Vision Quests,Womyn’s Sweat Lodges and Moon Lodges for $250.00.   Heron Wind specializes in bastardizing Native American spirituality with psycho-babble and LBGT propaganda.  She’s very, very new age and into the Mayan mystery schools. She claims a “Grandmother spirit??? came to her in a sweat lodge and told her to charge women for her brand of mystical experiences.  She knows nothing about Native traditions whatsoever. 

I met a woman at a peace march here who raved about her, who said she told her to soak a stick in her menstrual blood and tie colored ribbons around it and carry it around with her and make sure to tell everyone her power object was soaked in her menstrual blood.  Most tribes around here have taboos about doing crazy stuff like that so Linda's disciple wasn’t as well received as she thought she would be.

http://www.heronwind.com/articles/workshops.html
The sweat lodge she did is documented on the net was held Wednesday, June 22, 2005  To: Sunday, June 26, 2005
Event Location:
Shequaga, Schmidt Rd,
Dansville, NY 14564

8042 Main St
Victor, NY 14564
Phone : (585) 924-5620
E-mail: LHWind@aol.com

I think people need to start posting warnings to green party, environmentalist, leftist, progressive feminist/neopagan sites.  If you go at it from the perspective that she’s NOT AUTHENTIC and that she’s ripping them off you might get further.  Why not go more mainstream. Post to Democratic Underground or see if moveon dot com will do a email warning about her? If the lefties think they’re wasting their money on something that isn’t genuine they’re more likely to stop it than if they know they’re hurting Native people. 

Rose

I'm not a bird, I'm not a plane, I'm super NDN skeptic -
Debunking non-NDN bunk, one nut at a time!

Offline SouthwestSkeptic

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 07:19:35 am »
Connie runs the wall of shame?  I don't think that's her name.
I'm not a bird, I'm not a plane, I'm super NDN skeptic -
Debunking non-NDN bunk, one nut at a time!

Offline Kevin

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 01:57:33 pm »
- sounds like the local Health Dept. could be siced on this woman running around with a bloody stick in her hand - ewwww!