Author Topic: Michael Farley AKA Firestarter  (Read 16818 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Michael Farley AKA Firestarter
« on: February 07, 2013, 09:36:05 am »
Got a request about him. He claims to be a Cherokee medicine man.

Here's a quote about him from a supporter:

"Dr. Farley was made "Fire Clan Chief" by Chief Two Trees. He was from the Oklahoma reservation, but the school was in North Carolina that he ran. His family is from the North Carolina Tribe branch. Dr. Michael Farley, who is the "firestarter" (medicine man) for the Cherokee nation." The school referred to is: "The Native American Studies Institute located on the top of a mountain in Old Fort, North Carolina" where Farley received his 'doctor of naturopathy'.

Chief Two Trees was an Appalachian healer who said he was Cherokee and the supposed inventer of a cancer cure, Lifeone. He passed 13 years ago.

Epiphany

Re: Michael Farley AKA Firestarter
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 06:25:16 pm »
I'll work up family trees for Michael Farley and Kenneth Ray Cannon aka Chief Two Trees.

Epiphany

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 07:32:59 pm »
Kenneth Ray Cannon's parents are John Alva Cannon and Ethel Maxine Morrison, both born Texas. Family history in the Olive Hill Cemetery link uploaded here in .pdf form.
-----

Michael D. Farley, NMD
Forensic Pathology Consultant, N.D
Dr. Michael Farley spent over 30 years practicing Integrative Medicine and Psychology.  Dr. Farley had his own integrative medical practice where he specialized in teaching allopathic physicians integrative approaches to medicine.

Dr. Farley closed his practice in 2004 to devote more time to research, teaching and writing.  He currently teaches Integrative Medicine and develops new medical protocols.

For an eight year period when Dr. Farley had his practice, he was also a Forensic Pathology and Physiology consultant for the United States Justice Department in Washington D.C.

Dr. Farley attended George Mason University and has degrees from Montgomery Community College in Rockville, MD (A.S.), George Washington University (B.S. in Zoology and post graduate work in Forensic Pathology) and the Native American Studies Institute where he received his Naturopathic Medical Doctorate.

http://www.ihealthtube.com/aspx/contributors.aspx?sp=201

---------
Dr. Michael Farley is a naturopathic doctor (ND) who began his early studies in Oriental Medicine at the age of 4. By the time he was 12 years old, Dr. Farley had learned how to control the autonomic nervous system (heart rate, breathing, coverand fine motor coordination). During his teen years, he was instructed in herbal medicine and classical acupuncture and physiotherapy along with the martial arts of Tai Chi Chuan and Kempo. For seven years, Dr. Farley was taught advanced Oriental Medicine by Dr. Buni Toma, M.D. who continued his education in herbal medicine with added emphasis on herbal chemistry and its use in conjunction with allopathic medicine. Dr. Farley attended George Mason University and George Washington University where he obtained a BS in Zoology and did post-graduate work focused on forensic pathology.

Dr. Farley eventually studied advanced Oriental Medicine under Dr. Soo Young (Peter) Cha. Dr. Farley designed, developed and patented five medical orthotic devices for the equine industry, including the “Farley Compression Boot” which was mandated at all major racetracks in North America and several other countries. Dr. Farley earned master instructor degrees in Tae Kwon Do (Korean Martial arts), Ho Sin Sul, and Korean Judo. He used this knowledge to teach combat and survival skills to specialized federal personnel from several diverse federal agencies. For almost a decade in the 1980’s, Dr. Farley was a Forensic Pathology and Physiology consultant for the U.S. Department of Justice.

http://www.survivalherbs.com/

Epiphany

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 07:55:02 pm »
   Name   Name Type   
   Legal NC Corporate Name    NATIVE AMERICAN STUDIES INSTITUTE, INC.   LEGAL   
Non-Profit Corporation Information

SOSID:   0334245   
   Effective Date:   11/23/1993   
   Annual Report Due Date:      
   Citizenship:   DOMESTIC   
   State of Inc.:   NC   
   Duration:    PERPETUAL   
Registered Agent

Agent Name:   CANNON, KENNETH R   
   Office Address:   168 BULL WALKER DR
OLD FORT NC 28762   

Mailing Address:   168 BULL WALKER DR
OLD FORT NC 28762

http://www.secretary.state.nc.us/corporations/Corp.aspx?PitemId=4844837

(That office and mailing address was also listed as  his home address in public records.)

Epiphany

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 09:21:04 pm »
North Carolina does not currently have licensing laws for naturopathic doctors. http://ncanp.com/about-ncanp/licensure-of-nds/ Neither does Florida, which looks to be where Michael D. Farley is now based.

Some Florida companies:

INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR INTEGRATIVE CANCER RESEARCH, INC.
LIFEONE, INC
NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE INTEGRATION, L.L.C.

Looks like he has quite a few other companies too.

The image below is from Vegetarian Times Mar 1993, Kenneth Cannon selling vitamins.

Offline robert8

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 07:47:22 am »
Farley is the formulator of the product Lifeone,not Two Trees. Farley studied w/ Two Trees & the school was not accredited per CNME,(Council on Naturopathic Medical Education).There are very few accredited No.Amer naturo schools. The Farley educational background is really not important. The main concern is his claim, through his associate, that he was made fire clan chief & called firestarter by Two Trees, who also,I'm assuming, made him a naturopathic doctor through the school he,Two Trees, was running. I haven't found the school listed anywhere & it most likely closed around Trees passing. So a lot is unknown because Two Trees is gone except his daughter Darlene has a site at "selfgrowth.com". She is also a 'N.D.' Also he is mentioned at "republicoflakotah.com" as being from "Bear Clan Cherokee of Okla." My point being,was Two Trees 'authorized' to name chiefs & give N.D.'s to students? This is from a blog by "dalehyde.wordpress.com": "Kenneth Ray Cannon aka Chief Two Trees was born September 19, 1927 in Wynnewood, Oklahoma and passed on April 23, 1995 in Old Fort, North Carolina.
Prior to focusing on his Cherokee and Sioux heritage, Chief Two Trees served in the United States Air Force. The chief was initiated later as a medicine man, Cherokee, of the Bear Clan."  I'm guessing or assuming that Farley was given his name & N.D. degree from Two Trees. Info from website of Darlene "Two Trees" Cannon:
"Contacting Darlene Two Trees Cannon
 Dr. Darlene Two Trees Cannon RN, ND
3892 Keese Road
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
drdarlene@medicineshieldhealing.com " I checked the Texas Board of Nursing & no listing of Darlene Cannon,(site attached).
Regards Dale Hyde: he claims to be a wiccan high priest who studied & lived with Two Trees for 2-years. "About Dale (aka Gentle Deer Lion Tamer, Cypresso):I got involved in Native American traditions and beliefs for well over two years with Chief Two Trees in Old Fort, North Carolina. This is where I learned different healing techniques and was certified as second degree Reiki healer. I participated in various Native American ceremonies." There is more on his website. Conclusion by me is, it appears Two Trees did a lot with all kinds of folks & gave them titles,etc.,which made them feel 'authentic',I guess. Concerning Farley,for myself, I like treating ill folks by the source of the illness,not the symptoms. It seems the source here is Two Trees & I am open to the opinions of others as I could be completely wrong.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 07:10:28 am by robert8 »

Epiphany

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 04:04:10 pm »
Kenneth Ray Cannon "Chief Two Trees" http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3959.0 wasn't what he and his followers say he was. I wonder if Farley knows that Cannon made all the Cherokee lineage claims up.

Farley also looks to be engaged in ongoing medical fraud.

FDA has good info on Online Cancer Fraud http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm048383.htm (this doesn't mention Farley specifically, but does apply)