Author Topic: Doming a Sweat Lodge  (Read 10628 times)

Offline Le_Weaponnier

• Where is what?
Doming a Sweat Lodge
« on: June 24, 2006, 12:58:41 am »
 Today someone told me they were going to a 'Doming' of a property to 'protect' a sweat lodge.

??????????????????

What is a 'Doming'? Assuming it is something. Or is it more Nuage Mumbo Jumbo?

I have never heard of this before. Please enlighten me.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Doming a Sweat Lodge
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 02:42:36 am »
Sounds like nuage BS to me. Reminds me of a wiccan friend "raising a cone of power" to protect something she wanted protected.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 12:58:00 pm »
I never heard of it before either. Doesn't seem to be uniquely Nuage, but the fact that they want to do this to a sweatlodge fits pretty well with their putting a price tag on evetrything.

http://www.evans-graphics.co.uk/resin.html
http://www.deco-coat.com/doming.html
"Doming Systems form a crystal clear, high gloss dome or lens effect on decals, photos, labels, key fobs, magnets, lapel pins, medallions, name plates, signs, etc.... Their high gloss finish and outstanding clarity will enhance any image it is applied over. Deco-Coat Doming Resins protect and add value to your product."

Seems to be normally done on smaller objects. Might not even work on a lodge. And if it does a resin coating will raise the temperature, make it more likely people will get burned or scalded.

Other meanings I found don't make any sense in this context, Freemasons using the word to mean courage, Marxists using it to mean demanding worker central control, and S & M people using it to mean a Dominant's power over a Submissive.

I did find this on a Christian site.
http://miriams-well.org/healing+prayer/EMLsPPPrayers.html
"Release a special Shaft of Light over us for Brotherhood, Love, Harmony and Glory. We hold our loved ones close, to be held and to hold their gains. Thou dost always say yes, Father. Let the Light in this special Shaft doming us, spread forth as a beneficent cloud, healing darkness as it goes until it adds to all Glory over earth, erasing, holding."

Offline Ric_Richardson

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 03:26:12 pm »
Tansi;

Could this "doming" be the construction of a larger building over the Sweatlodge?

I know that, in the north, there are many Sweats that have buildings over them, especially when they are used on a regular basis, in winter.

Just a thought.

Ric

Offline Le_Weaponnier

• Where is what?
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 11:25:48 pm »
It sounds like Nuage BS to me now, my friend told me it was supposed to be a Cherokee ceremony. that protects the sweat lodge from 'evil spirits' and other crap.
I asked my friend why he went.
Apparently he at least had a down to earth reason.
'Free food, a place to camp, and some weed" He said he met some "weirded out hippy chicks"

I thought at first it was in England because he said it was in Brightno,(which is a beach in England) but apparently it was in southern Ontario Canada

He said it was really bogus and it took all he could do not to laugh at them, but he was there with someone who believes in this stuff so he kept his mouth shut.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 03:21:42 am »
Cherokee ceremony?? Geeez, sunds more like wiccan even more now.  What some people will fall for...

Offline JosephSWM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 02:45:45 pm »
Us Cherokee folks traditionally did not have sweat lodges.

Sounds to me they were going to put up of 'dome' of energy, probably as effective as the cone of silence on Get Smart.

Joseph

Offline Le_Weaponnier

• Where is what?
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 04:22:43 pm »
Quote:"Us Cherokee folks traditionally did not have sweat lodges. ?

Sounds to me they were going to put up of 'dome' of energy, probably as effective as the cone of silence on Get Smart. "

Hmmm Forgotten about that show. Maybe you're right, ? Agent 86 did call his boss "Chief" ? ;D