Author Topic: Giving the Nuagers ammunition?  (Read 9247 times)

Offline sox

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • My Music
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by sox »
"Trust me, I'm a professional"

Dianne Harris

Re: Giving the Nuagers ammunition?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 07:36:02 pm »
 It's not important.
Most of these NuAgeers spout the same nonsense be it , healing, Chuluaqui Quodoushka, Crystal balancing or whatever. The fact that there is now a video out should be taken with the same grain os salt as one about the Roswell incident and 9/11 conspiracies. Web sites like this are run by con-artists promoting fake ceremonies, fake healings etc.
They tend to self-perpetuate the myth by doing so.
The naive people who then read about it onlibe thind "gee, it's on so many web-sites, it must be real" without realising that they are all businesses promoting the same product in different guises.
 There's a profit driven motive to sell quackery. There is unfortunately no profit to be made by pointing out to peole that all of it is fake.
 Often too, those who finally realise that they've been swindled, duped, abused etc by Shamanism and the other Nuage superstitions, are often too embarrassed to admit it and so they never are out there to warn others.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Giving the Nuagers ammunition?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 09:25:28 pm »
Take a look at the videos they make. I think their audience is mostly PODIAs, but their intent is not harmful.
http://www.richheape.com/native-american-videos/

I'm sure this video could be used by Nuagers as "proof" that it's "OK to make yourself a shaman."
Problem is they don't see there's a difference between describing in a general educational way and putting out "how to" videos or books.