Author Topic: Update: Forum donations  (Read 12324 times)

Offline CrystalMirror

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Update: Forum donations
« on: October 08, 2005, 01:29:46 pm »
I finally recovered my email password for the Paypal address and got the payment notifications. We have got $140 total now. Last night was $120 then during the night someone gave $20 more.

Al can make the decision on how to use the extra funds. It's good to be "in the black."

« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by CrystalMirror »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Update: Forum donations
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 02:45:42 pm »
Thanks to everyone who gave. I'd like to hear suggestions for what to do with the extra money, and for any future surplus money raised.

We could just hold onto it for next year. Or we could give to Native charities, such as the Albuquerque Indian Center we raised money for during the tour. Since those who gave expected it to go to the board we could also use it to improve the board. Here's something I know very little about, but what about using a net service to get our site more widely known, one that would enter our site in a lot of search engines. Or is that something that one of us could do ourselves, without paying for it?

Other suggestions and opinions?

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 06:29:10 pm »
Can I suggest the Viola White Water Foundation for Native American Culture and Education?

They don't have a website but here's their US address. In the past they've helped get the Akwesasne Freedom School and the Kanatsiohareke community going.

Dovie Thomason-Sickles is the current chair.

Offline vikinglady

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 07:25:21 pm »
Whatever you guys decide is fine with me!

Maybe it would be a good idea to hold on to the money to see if we can come up with ideas of how to promote NAFPS in the future? Or if someone needs money to make flyers or posters to protest frauds?

By the way, how about the NAFPS.net site? Who pays for it? Is any help needed there?

Barnaby´s suggestion sounds good, too.
Everything sounds good   ;)

Annika

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 10:21:15 pm »
Trish hosts us on her site. I think she said it doesn't cost her anything, but if not...Trish be sure and tell us. The domain name itself of nafps.net was given to us by Bryant for awhile, but now he can't do that anymore. As of Oct 1, it expired. It only costs $5-6 a year, and that's being taken care of.

Here's the projects done by VWF that Barnaby mentioned.
http://pages.slic.com/mohawkna/freedom.htm
http://www.design-site.net/mohawk.htm
Info on Thomason.
http://www.ipl.org/div/natam/bin/browse.pl/A338

Offline Scott Brainard

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 07:13:33 pm »
Al said:

"Trish hosts us on her site. I think she said it doesn't cost her anything, but if not...Trish be sure and tell us. The domain name itself of nafps.net was given to us by Bryant for awhile, but now he can't do that anymore. As of Oct 1, it expired. It only costs $5-6 a year, and that's being taken care of. "

Does the registrar that's handling nafps.net have a web forwarding service?  I've run into a few nafps.net broken links out there, and wondered about the possibility of having the domain forward to the existing nafps mirror even if nafps.net itself won't be used for anything in the immediate future.

Verisign (not suggesting them, they're ridiculously expensive) offers that service for $19/yr.

--Scott B.

sassy

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 05:21:49 pm »
Barnaby= you said" They don't have a website but here's their US address. In the past they've helped get the Akwesasne Freedom School and the Kanatsiohareke community going."
 ???

Did you see kanatsohareke is good freinds with amylee = she also makes and donates the herbs to help them them =www.hernativeroots.com
 ???
i think rose says kanatsoihareke "deny" amylee!!!  ???

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 03:06:49 am »
sassy,

quit acting like a troll and grow up. You are making yourself look childish and foolish by attemptimng to hijaclk threads. Trollish behavior gets you no where. Reasoned discussion might.

sassy

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 11:56:02 am »
 :-[ I am sorry. I thought I was doing somwething good. I thought I found something in one place that would help another place. I did not understand that you want to keep everthing in stait lines and no dots conected. I am grown. May be even older than you. I never steal (hijack).I just made a mistake thats all. And I am sorry.   :-[ :-[ :( You have buttons to press to make smiley and winky and cheesy what ever that is and grin and andgry and sad and schocked and coool and huh? and rool eyes and tonge and embarased and lip sealed and undecided. But you don't have "apologize" maybe because I never seen anyone here ever say they were sorry. I am.

I cancel my membership now. sassy.  :-X

I've done it for you, since you seemed unable to find the 'delete this account' link on your profile page. - Barnaby

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:05:04 pm by Barnaby_McEwan »

Offline Prairie Fairy

• Political Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 03:53:44 pm »
But you don't have "apologize" maybe because I never seen anyone here ever say they were sorry. I am.

Oh, if you look hard enough you will see people apologizing when it is appropriate, not when sock puppets are attempting to bamboozle them.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 03:56:03 pm by Prairie Fairy »

Offline zoi lightfoot

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 12:34:31 pm »
Ok,back to Als original question and request for suggestions on what to do with donations yes?.If good folks have been donating funds to NAFPS,and there is excess funding from whatever,then this is merely a suggestion to consider..think about..dismiss whatever.A Nafps scholarship program,whereby NAFPS members wishing to donate funding either directly to NAPFS or the program can do so knowing they will be offering much needed educational assistence to Native students.