Author Topic: 'for the last time, it isn't personal' - new-agers just don't get it  (Read 12090 times)

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
Re: 'for the last time, it isn't personal' - new-agers just don't get it
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 08:24:12 am »
Some time ago I found a promotion article about Keisha Crowther in a magazine about health and environment. I wrote a polite email, asking if they would be willing to publish some articles about the situation for Native Americans. They were happy to do so. I wrote the articles, avoiding any kind of critizism, just plain facts. Sent them off, didn´t get a reply, emailed, no reply. Third time my email got ignored, I sent off another one, asking them to at least give enough respect to tell me whether they would publish it or not.

I finally received a reply, saying that due to my hostility and disrespect showing up in my last email (which they had obviously picked up on from the start) it would be impossible to work with me. But they had some courses and workshops that would benefit me greatly and hopefully make me in to a better person. Upon which I received offers to attend anything from sweats to healingsessions.

This is the oh, so very common tactic that I think lots of us have experienced. Because of blameshifting, total lack of selfawareness and calling every kind of uncomfortable question "bad energy", it´s extremely hard to reach these people.
Especially when it´s down to cashflow.... :-\

used2bnaf

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 03:51:40 pm »
The following link is a FB conversation I had last night with someone who practices "Native ways".  My profile on FB is public so you should have no trouble seeing.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/roy.rannila.1/posts/289537984523467?comment_id=1336982&offset=0&total_comments=18&notif_t=feed_comment

roy

Offline catbus

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 04:14:49 pm »
The following link is a FB conversation I had last night with someone who practices "Native ways".  My profile on FB is public so you should have no trouble seeing.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/roy.rannila.1/posts/289537984523467?comment_id=1336982&offset=0&total_comments=18&notif_t=feed_comment

roy

roy, those of us who do not have a fb account are unable to read a fb page, even if it is public. NAFPS is the only place where I have spent a significant amount of time, and I dont have any of those networking programs. (They can be a lil dangerous, lol, I have watched friends and relatives get so sucked into that stuff they are checking it on their phones/computers every couple minutes, even in the middle of having an in-person conversation w someone, lol).

Offline E.P. Grondine

• Man and Impact in the Americas
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 05:48:41 pm »
In general, to try and warn the unwilling, I tell them that there are some people who pretend to knowledge which they do not have. Further, anyone who asks for money or acts in an untoward manner may be a spiritual theif.

By making this warning very very general, instead of specific, and not mentioning whoever the listener is dealing with, it gives them a place to vent their concerns about whoever is trying to rob them.

This is working pretty good so far.