Author Topic: speakers wanted  (Read 11879 times)

Offline mysticknt

• I Love YaBB 2!
speakers wanted
« on: July 31, 2005, 12:10:10 pm »
soon the pf council i am on will be talking about next years autumn conference and the speakers we would like and i was wondering i there will be any native americans touring europe next year who would be willing to attend and give us a talk
we normally hold the conference in early october i know this seems rather early but some speakers are hard to get so we try to back as early as possible
any informatiom about possible speakers and their costs (i know we are not ment to pay but as this is the UK costs do accure ) would be much appreciated    
                         graham

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: speakers wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 11:58:43 pm »
I won't be able to speak in October but will be returning in May. If there's anything going on at that time, I'd be happy to try and work something out. I'm esp interested in returning to Glastonbury, both because this issue needs to be pushed very hard trhere and because so many people gave me such a good response last time.

You might try speaking with Annika or Barnaby about other Native speakers. And we have some Natives lving in the UK in here now...

Offline mysticknt

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 08:09:56 am »
sorry you cant make it
just hopeing one of the others can help as i know one other member of our council will be trying to push a fake on to us (she visited the states this year and did the tourist bit and meet a few plastics in the sante fe area so she talking about flying one out )

Offline vikinglady

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 10:47:45 am »
Eeeewwwwhhh...can´t let that happen!

We try to bring over Natives twice a year but we don´t plan that far ahead so I don´t know about October 2006. I think the best thing would be, like Al suggested, to get in touch with Ndn:s in UK. Unless someone in here can do it, I know a Mohawk woman residing in UK who would probably be more than willing to help out.

Let me know. :)

Annika

Offline mysticknt

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 12:32:04 pm »
many thanks there
we try to get ourselves organised as early as possible
if no one else comes up with anything then i will take you up on your offer as i do not know any ndn's who live here in the UK a few people i know have seen hawksshadow and say she is good  but from what i have read on here she not who she says

Offline Mo

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 12:22:17 pm »
Mystic,

If you would contact me offline I can give you some details I have already shared with Annika. You can let me know what type of talk you want and I or someone I know may be able to oblige. Its far enough in advance to be possible from this end.
Please email me at kanienkahagen@hotmail.com.
thanks.
Mo

Offline piya

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 01:28:17 pm »
There are a number of us who are Native in the UK, who are getting together with each other, primarily for that bond, that we miss. However we get approached to do school visits and talks, so if we can help in anyway give us a holla

Piya
To Old To Die Young