Author Topic: hurry hurry hurry get your copy Become A legally Ordained Minister  (Read 6379 times)

Offline dabosijigwokush

just fill in the form with any thing you want and pay the asked price an you to can perform Marriage,Baptism,
Wedding Renewal , Religious Rights , even start your own church , no training required , be a DOCTOR OF DIVINITY
http://www.godslivingwordsministry.org/id5.html
just on question , how can someone live with themselfs

Offline nemesis

Re: hurry hurry hurry get your copy Become A legally Ordained Minister
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 08:20:30 am »

just on question , how can someone live with themselfs

In a big house containing a safe stuffed with banknotes. 

Probably.

Offline matt e

• my site
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 06:04:07 pm »
i want to point out one thing, in case someone actually finds this here and decides to get themselves a "doctor of divinity" degree. the site is wrong about it, it is NOT a religious degree, it is a degree in religion, which is very different. and the ones offered by sites such as this are worth nothing. they are an honorary degree only and while it does allow you to use the title dr. it is not the same as getting one from a real college/university.
  It gives the same rights as any other honorary degree. none. (except for the title which means nothing)
feel free to share any post I make as long as you give me credit. I want everyone to know who to send the hate mail to.

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 03:08:47 am »
my point , how many people know the diffrence, or would even bother to read or learn the difference
that is the scam people are using , as well as the shamamans, can't prove nor disprove them
and i found hunderds of these type of sights
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:11:14 am by dabosijigwokush »

Offline nemesis

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 07:34:41 am »
There are instances where people here in the UK have built successful media careers based on fake doctorates that they purchased from unaccredited online universities and colleges.

One example is "Dr" Gillian McKeith an multi-millionaire celebrity dietician who assesses the health of her patients by examining their turds.   McKeith made a fortune via TV shows and appearances, books and a variety of snake oil cures and so called health foods.

There is a great article about her by Ben Goldacre (a real doctor) below

What’s wrong with Dr Gillian McKeith PhD?

February 18th, 2007 by Ben Goldacre in adverts, bad science, channel 4, gillian mckeith, nutritionists, PhDs, doctors, and qualifications, stifling criticism | 314 Comments »

For years, ‘Dr’ Gillian McKeith has used her title to sell TV shows, diet books and herbal sex pills. Now the Advertising Standards Authority has stepped in. Yet the real problem is not what she calls herself, but the mumbo-jumbo she dresses up as scientific fact, says Ben Goldacre

Ben Goldacre
Monday February 12, 2007
The Guardian

Call her the Awful Poo Lady, call her Dr Gillian McKeith PhD: she is an empire, a multi-millionaire, a phenomenon, a prime-time TV celebrity, a bestselling author. She has her own range of foods and mysterious powders, she has pills to give you an erection, and her face is in every health food store in the country. Scottish Conservative politicians want her to advise the government. The Soil Association gave her a prize for educating the public. And yet, to anyone who knows the slightest bit about science, this woman is a joke.

One of those angry nerds took her down this week. A regular from my website badscience.net – I can barely contain my pride – took McKeith to the Advertising Standards Authority, complaining about her using the title “doctor” on the basis of a qualification gained by correspondence course from a non-accredited American college. He won. She may have sidestepped the publication of a damning ASA draft adjudication at the last minute by accepting – “voluntarily” – not to call herself “doctor” in her advertising any more. But would you know it, a copy of that draft adjudication has fallen into our laps, and it concludes that “the claim ‘Dr’ was likely to mislead”. The advert allegedly breached two clauses of the Committee of Advertising Practice code: “substantiation” and “truthfulness”.

Is it petty to take pleasure in this? No. McKeith is a menace to the public understanding of science. She seems to misunderstand not nuances, but the most basic aspects of biology – things that a 14-year-old could put her straight on.

She talks endlessly about chlorophyll, for example: how it’s “high in oxygen” and will “oxygenate your blood” – but chlorophyll will only make oxygen in the presence of light. It’s dark in your intestines, and even if you stuck a searchlight up your bum to prove a point, you probably wouldn’t absorb much oxygen in there, because you don’t have gills in your gut. In fact, neither do fish. In fact, forgive me, but I don’t think you really want oxygen up there, because methane fart gas mixed with oxygen is a potentially explosive combination.

It is a very long article and you can read the rest here
http://www.badscience.net/2007/02/ms-gillian-mckeith-banned-from-calling-herself-a-doctor/

The point I wanted to make was that I agree with dabosijigwokush and that most people either don't know about these fake qualifications or they don't care.  In McKeith's case her fraudulent activities and claims were exposed long before she was eventually forced to stop calling herself "doctor" by the authorities.  Nobody did anything to stop her simply because she was steering a huge, money making gravy train and all the various media people involved had no inclination to stop it as they were getting paid for as long as it continued to roll on its merry way. 

Offline RunsWithScissorz

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 07:25:14 am »
I'm not sure "scam" would be the right term for what the site (http://www.godslivingwordsministry.org/id5.html) is offering.  Only in the sense that when it comes to Christianity, I don't know that there is any prohibition against starting one's own church, whether one has an actual degree in religion or any other Christian discipline.  Historically, many who "hear the call" have done so, and it's not uncommon among fundamentalist groups to have pastors or leaders who have not attended theological seminaries. 

Offline nemesis

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 08:06:42 am »
If the above is true then it sounds like a perfect situation for scammers and predators to exploit and flourish.  

Offline RunsWithScissorz

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 07:43:00 pm »
Well, it may be rather hard to "scam" Christians, simply because most of them (in the USA at least as well as most European nations) know what the basic teachings are:  they have the Book on it.   :)  And they have a responsibility to know what is in the book.  This is not like NDN religious traditions in which the practitioners have (for example) learned sacred things that the average tribal member does not know. 

That's not to say that people professing to be Christian pastors or leaders have not drawn followers who came to a sad end, as re the Rev Jim Jones in Guyana.  Jones may have even had a degree in theology or divinity or whatnot.  Catholic priests have committed abuses on parishioners ... internationally known Christian ministers have committed abuses of various kinds.  Anyone in the world of Christianity can have -- or claim to have -- a vision or prophecy and urge others to follow it and him/her.  But the Bible does warn Christians that there are false prophets out there and to be aware and discerning.  

Thus, this does not mean that someone who obtained an online degree or certificate to be a practicing Christian minister would necessarily be a scammer or out to prey upon others.  Some of the established churches even have "lay ministry" opportunities for interested members.  So whether or not such individuals are doing the wrong things is up to those who witness same.  

As to conducting weddings, baptisms, funerals and the like.  Any Christian can ostensibly conduct those services, however not necessarily under the auspices of an established church.  I have been to weddings that were conducted as religious services only, by laypersons and the legality of the marriage handled by a justice of the peace.  It would be frowned on to conduct a "Catholic" wedding if one is not qualified to do so by the Catholic Church, though, and the Catholic Church would not recognize it.  

« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 07:49:38 pm by 4Bears »

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 01:54:31 am »
Now there is sights that you can do the same thing in Martial arts, and that can lead to personal injury, or injury to another person, yet there is no international registered martial arts instructor sight
and there are sights to become a rabbi, the same problems apply there to
there are sights to get fake collage degrees
it all comes down to who do you trust, and what questions you must ask before you put your trust in that person
I would like to hear from some rabbi's on this problem, and some registered martial arts instructors
and if you appear on stage, in film, in commercials, to do a show impersonating some one else for profit, you must have gone to acting schools, and be a member of a acting guild, or a artist guild, or under contract with a production manager   
So when the non natives put on a pow wow (show) or a sweat and charge for said show or ceremony
are they breaking some kind of established laws
and if said laws have not been written, is it about time to do so