Author Topic: NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN Ray freeland  (Read 22856 times)

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN Ray freeland
« on: March 09, 2011, 09:54:48 am »
Anyone heard of a Ray Freeland from Dayton Ohio??
He called the tribe complianing about one of our enrolled members
he has no proof of Native blood but does ceremonies in Ohio?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 02:36:57 pm by educatedindian »
In Spirit

Offline Laurel

Re: Ray freeland
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 12:35:18 pm »
Looks like he also goes by the name "Singing Bear"? He wrote a couple of guestbook comments here, but McAfee doesn't like the site, and he only wrote things like "great site."

http://www.snowwowl.com/Guestbook/guestbook.html

This Singing Bear Productions MySpace page is his:

http://www.myspace.com/fallenfeatherproductions

He doesn't claim Native blood there, but has some photos of Natives up.

There's another white, very Nuage "Singing Bear" in Fairfax, CA, who comes from Ohio and "is part Native American but does not flaunt it [!]," but his name is Tony something; they don't look to be the same person.

Ray's FB page

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000707802982

includes this: "About Ray:Went into the Army in 1968 finised in 1973. Wife says I left the better park of my brain in Vietnam. I now folllow the Red road and veterans issuses. I ma an independant tv producer with over 150 show under my belt and always looking for new ideaes."

Can't find any reference to his selling ceremony, nor am I qualified to comment on his Friends page (as to whether the people are Native or not, I mean).

Offline Camilla

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 08:05:02 pm »
Hi Earthw7

This is Camilla writing.

With reference to Ray Freeland, through Google I found that this Ray left a message in the Guestbook of www.snowwowl.com and indicated an e-mail address which is "singingbearproductions@gmail.com"
Then I tried "Ray Freeland Singing Bear" writing it in the Google bar: the first link you see refers to Myspace, where the first lines are written by this Ray, who is introducing himself (7 children etc. etc.) Unfortunately my home computer doesn't allow me to open the link....anyway I hope all this can be of some use for you.
Have a nice day!

Camilla
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:09:49 pm by Camilla »
Camilla

Offline Camilla

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 08:11:04 pm »
OOPS!! 
I just realized Laurel already found much more!!

Sorry Laurel!  :)
Camilla

Offline Superdog

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 08:51:48 pm »
On the facebook page he says he was adopted into the Shawnee tribe.  Doesn't mention which one and seeing as it's Ohio there's a good chance it might be Pope Hawk's United Remnant Band.  Just my thoughts.  Everywhere else on the other sites he says he's white/caucasian.

Superdog

Offline Superdog

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 08:57:00 pm »
On the facebook page he says he was adopted into the Shawnee tribe.  Doesn't mention which one and seeing as it's Ohio there's a good chance it might be Pope Hawk's United Remnant Band.  Just my thoughts.  Everywhere else on the other sites he says he's white/caucasian.

Superdog

Got to make an adjustment to that.  It doesn't look like the URB at all.  This is another group.  One of the people he mentions on his page is a guy named Little Bear.  He's referring to Steven LittleBear who's fb page is here:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000747072943

In his description Steven says this:
"I'm Chief of the Tall Tree Tribe of the Piqua Shawnee Turtle Clan in Southeast Ohio."

A grandiose title definitely, but not a tribe.  There's your Native connection earthw...though not a real one.

Superdog

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 02:46:57 pm »
He told me is was adopted Shawnee , adopted Inuit, and believes he has cherokee blood but cant prove it. He has requested that we contact a tribal member and make him stop interrupt his ceremonies. He says he make medicine bundles for people. I though sound weird to me
In Spirit

Offline Laurel

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 11:04:55 am »
OOPS!! 
I just realized Laurel already found much more!!

Sorry Laurel!  :)

No problem!  (-:

Offline E.P. Grondine

• Man and Impact in the Americas
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 02:15:28 am »
I am glad somebody interceded here. And I thank all of you for the research.

There is so much obviously wrong here that it is hard to know where to start.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 09:18:06 pm »
Freeland contacted me with rambling complaints about slander and empty threats to sue.
First his email, then mine, then his, then mine again.

----------
I have been told that my name is on you forum. I looked and there it is. But to my surprise there is no way to reply. In this country all people have the right to face those who make charges about them. At this time I am looking into Filing civil complaints. all I ask is to respond.

Ray Freeland

---------
Hello,
Your complaint is both untrue and not very clear.

Anyone is free to join the forum. We always welcome any additional information which may clear these matters up.

If clicking the button clearly marked "Register" is too difficult for you figure out, we can post a statement for you.

As you can clearly see, there are no "charges" against you, simply people trying to figure out conflicting claims in a thread under Research Needed.

---------
Post this in a forum as yours with out proof under new age fraud is the same as saying it is true and the having to on Google for people to find. I have contacted the federal government and FCC I plane to file suit. But ii would bet that you would never give your true information such as your name address so please do so I would like to meet you here in federal court one of the people who post is on standing rock res. And is in either in admin office or the history as those are the only ones I spoke to to bad they have to lie and only tell part truths. But shame on you for not fact checking. There is an interesting interview on the net why don't you check it out as it deal with name removed. The person I call standing Rock about. I want to make sure that you can do this go to you tube in the such bar type in,( that's using the key board) Interview with Barbara Crandell. She tell of someone  who left his family on Standing Rock with no food. Now we here in the eastern wood lands call him the worm for no man would abandon his family. And if you ever get you fraud site up again I dare you to post this as it is the truth.

Ray Singing Bear Freeland

---------
Mr. Freeland,
I have no idea what you just said, and I doubt you do either.

To start with the FCC has no control over the internet. So if you have contacted them I'm sure you've gotten only some poor bureaucrat wondering why you waste his time and don't know the basics of the law.

I also have no idea why name removed is relevant to anything, or even who he is.

Once again, you are perfectly free to join and respond in the thread about you.

The only thing that thread did was ask questions because some people were unclear about who you were.

Any "slander" is purely in your imagination.

Again, if you are too lazy or just too dumb to figure out how to hit the button at the top of the NAFPS forum clearly marked "Register" that is not something we can help.

*edited to remove name*

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 10:28:08 pm »
He's giving a lot of ndn people in Ohio headaches. What he fails to mention when he tosses an individuals name around is that that particular individual goes back to Standing Rock and he goes back with a load of school supplies and stuff for the kids.  

There are two interviews (part 1&2) with Barbara Crandell.  The person who made those interviews also made one with Ollie Collins of the Tallige  :o

ETA:

The following was taken from an e-mail from Dr. Richard L. Allen:

The Overhill Villages are a creation of the anthropologists/archaeologists to identify groupings of Cherokee and were never acknowledged as such by the Cherokee. It has only been within recent years that individual such as Oliver Collins, Hu Gibbs, Richard Paugh, Barbara Crandall, et al have claimed to be descended from forgotten Cherokees called the Overhill band. However, none of these individuals have never been able to establish any legitimate connection to any of the three legitimate Cherokee governments.

It seems that some groups are aggressively appropriating an American Indian identity. Some are attempting to repatriate the bones of our ancestors to gain legitimacy with other non-Indians. In 1987, the Ohio group did conduct a "reburial ceremony" of remains (probably ancient Shawnee remains) that were turned over to them by officials of the Scioto County government. The group claimed to have conducted a traditional Cherokee reburial ceremony.

A videotape of news reports chronicles the event including the forty-seven, small caskets that are passed down by women, one to another, into a community burial pit. In the center of the pit, a fire has been built "to smudge" the burial area and the remains as explained by Oliver Collins.

Collins introduced Hugh Gibbs as the Principal Chief of the Etowah Cherokee Tribe (another bogus group) with whom Tallige Fire claims association. Gibbs oversees the re-interment "ceremony." According to Collins, Mr. Gibbs is a fullblood Cherokee medicine man. During this same time and on videotape, Mr. Collins claimed only to be a member of an amateur genealogical society,

But now claims to be the Principal Chief of the Tallige Cherokee Tribe.

Read more: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=870.10;wap2#ixzz1YudbHRiX

ETA:  I listened to both interviews.  I'm pretty disgusted, and not with the individual she's trashing.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:59:26 pm by sky »

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 01:51:41 pm »
I see that the first thing non-native do is threaten to sue a person
Then they make demands and complain about how they are being
slandered, but all a person did was ask questions, the last time
i checked in american we can question anyone. It is our right,
we are not sheep who follow blindly.
I want to know how people can make up tribes and then make
demands, as anyone from native country can tell you
"Adoption does not give you the right to use our culture,
make medicine bundle, do our ceremonies all they do is
give you the right to the family who adopted you not the
nation.

In Spirit

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 02:07:18 pm »
Earth I agree with you completely.  It's a bit mind boggling that Ray Freeland can scream about filing complaints about 'slander', when he is doing the same thing to a person who is somebody who is an actual indian and doing good things for his community.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 08:46:53 pm »
Yes i know they demand  :o to have this person enrollment number which we dont give out
and asking all kind of question about him but when we ask question about them they want to sue.
There has to be some accountablity from these people who go around steal our culture.
In Spirit

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 03:39:01 am »
I think when they jump up and scream law suit, it is because they know they are guilty.
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html