Author Topic: Rusted Root video  (Read 2792 times)

Offline AnnOminous

Rusted Root video
« on: January 14, 2011, 06:17:14 pm »
(Mods please feel free to move)

I'm bothered by this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMabBGydC0&feature=related

I don't understand the use of pseudo-ceremony and sacred images to commercially promote anything.

Who is this man appearing in what resembles an Hanblecya circle wearing (probably painted) Eagle feathers sporting face-painting?
What sort of "ceremony" is this poser supposedly conducting, and why on earth would he?
The skull appears more like a Texas longhorn or something but no doubt intended to fool the viewer into seeing it as a Buffalo skull.
The flashing images appear to me to be from a Southwestern Tribe, and I don't know if they are sacred to a Nation or not.
Where was this video shot?  Something tells me it is some Nation's sacred (protected) area.

My reaction to this vid is to "send it on it's way."  I'm probably not even registering half of the offensive imagery but it makes my stomach twist.

Great song btw.  Too bad it was spoiled by marketing spirituality.  Wonder what the dude got paid to pour his soul down the nuage drain?