Author Topic: Verbal abuse, entitlement and racist meltdown thread. AKA How To Get Banned.  (Read 11295 times)

Offline juztme

Hello

I have just received in my email box this invitation to sign up for this 'Evolver Intensive' being titled: AWAKENING THE COSMIC SERPENT: SHAMANISM AND PLANT TEACHERS IN THIS TRANSFORMATIVE TIME

I would paste the article but it includes video and I cannot find way to embed it with the text, so if you would please check out the link and see video and tell me what you think.

I must tell you that I am not thinking of paying money myself for this, but I have read the books of some of the people involved. I am really curious what people here think about this, because they are making out it is a 'new thing' etc.

So, what do you think?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 02:20:18 pm by juztme »

Offline dabosijigwokush

Re: Please look at this 'Evolver Intensive' and tell me what you think?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 12:57:30 pm »
Most psychoactive plants are illegal to use, possess, grow or distribute. [Strongly urge a review!] Use of psychoactive plants can be dangerous to one's health.

Offline juztme

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 02:25:31 pm »
Most psychoactive plants are illegal to use, possess, grow or distribute. [Strongly urge a review!] Use of psychoactive plants can be dangerous to one's health.

I appreciate you offering your opinion dabosijigwokush--anyone is free to, and I am not wanting to derail the thread when I say this I hope--because it would take it in other areas I didn't have in mind. But I will say that NO, a big NO!! Entheogens are NOT essentially dangerous to one's health UNLESS one abuses them and the only ways that people wont is that intelligent people speak out about sacred ways to use them, and in that respect --as many indigenous peoples have known since the most ancient times--they are Medicina--sacred medicine.

So that is what I feel, both experientially and from personal experience with psychedelics. The reason I started this thread was not to ask people what they thought of psychedelic plants and substances, but if they think it right that this enterprise is asking for money? That is what I am asking.

Offline wolfhawaii

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 08:52:15 pm »
$99.00 for a 6 parts web seminar with leading researchers seems like a decent deal to me, although i do not plan to participate. I have no objection to them charging money; it is essentially the same as paying tuition in that you are compensating the presenter for information obtained.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 09:00:42 pm »
Ah, right, "juztme" you're the person who posted all that argumentative UFO stuff, even after we told you this is not the place for it.

In the UFO/Ayahuasca thread you started, we asked you to have the courtesy to go to the Member Introductions section and introduce yourself. You have not done so. We also asked you to read the information that all new members are required to read. I'm getting the sense you either did not, or did not absorb it, or don't care what the parameters of this board are.

Specifically, you have been told that NAFPS is against Pay-to-Pray, and that you need to read the threads about Ayahuasca (and other entheogen) tourism. Again, I'm getting the sense you have not done this.

We are not going to do the heavy lifting for you if you can't be bothered to do this basic work. We are not going to argue with you on an exploitative case by exploitative case basis about every one of these events you find.

The event you linked to, with stuff like,

"Apply the shamanic education offered by indigenous people to your life as a cosmopolitan person in the modern world."

is clearly exploitative of Indigenous peoples, their lifeways, and the plants they work with. It is not the business of "cosmopolitan person"s to buy and sell these things. It is not the business of people from outside their tribes to be representing these lifeways and trying to speak for the people.

Offline juztme

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 09:56:33 am »
Ah, right, "juztme" you're the person who posted all that argumentative UFO stuff, even after we told you this is not the place for it.

Ah, no, that is YOUR dodgy interpretation of what happened sifted through your argumentative and provocative attitude as you weild your little moddy power about  ::)

In the UFO/Ayahuasca thread you started, we asked you to have the courtesy to go to the Member Introductions section and introduce yourself. You have not done so. We also asked you to read the information that all new members are required to read. I'm getting the sense you either did not, or did not absorb it, or don't care what the parameters of this board are.

Oh that figures, your officious--surprise surprise. You should take a chillout pill dear  ;)

Specifically, you have been told that NAFPS is against Pay-to-Pray, and that you need to read the threads about Ayahuasca (and other entheogen) tourism. Again, I'm getting the sense you have not done this.

I bet you are officious-face. Are you going to put me in detention now Miss?  :-*

We are not going to do the heavy lifting for you if you can't be bothered to do this basic work. We are not going to argue with you on an exploitative case by exploitative case basis about every one of these events you find.

Oh aren't 'WE' miss lock-up-thread when it suits HER?? such power ey? LOL

The event you linked to, with stuff like,

"Apply the shamanic education offered by indigenous people to your life as a cosmopolitan person in the modern world."

is clearly exploitative of Indigenous peoples, their lifeways, and the plants they work with. It is not the business of "cosmopolitan person"s to buy and sell these things. It is not the business of people from outside their tribes to be representing these lifeways and trying to speak for the people.

Tough!!! That is what is gonna happen so you tribal people who are SO aloof and wallowing in victim-hood and closed-off-edness better get used to it.
If ANYone was to completely remove any romantic filters from my eyes about indigenous TRADITION it is people like you. How could anyone breathe in such a rigid set-up like you are representing here.
I really appreciate the not taking money for healing and such and that is prime treason I simply asked that question here--NOT expecting to be told off and patronized like some little kid by you. But it seems to me from your hostile attitude is that NOone else in this world be allowed to explore spiritually with sacred plants, or even ask questions, and that is totally against mine or any free spirit.

Now I suppose you better do what you do best  ::)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:32:16 pm by Yells At Pretendians »

Offline Laurel

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 10:54:09 am »
Hear that, indigenous peoples of the planet? You best pony up the drugs to Whitey, no strings, or you might find yourself oppressed someday.  ::)

juztme, if you don't want to be treated like a brat child, try not acting like one. People of your maturity level should definitely leave drugs alone. I feel very sure nobody reading this agrees that Katherine is applying a "dodgy" interpretation to your rude, entitled, infantile behavior.

Go start your own forum, jerkface. This one already has rules. People like you are the "prime treason" for many of them.

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 11:18:12 am »
I've also had enough of juztme's temper tantrums. We really don't need your whiny and demanding white entitlements.

Hey I thought I was the only one up at this time of the morning! Actually I haven't been to bed yet, just got back around 1:00 am from playing bingo tonight. It's 3:00 out west here.

Lim lemtsh,

Diana  
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 09:26:58 am by Diana »

Offline Spandex~Atom

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 01:50:25 pm »
come back when you've.....
evolved
::)

Offline Laurel

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 03:07:25 pm »
I've also had enough of juztme's temper tantrams. We really don't need your whiny and demanding white entitlements.

Hey I thought I was the only one up at this time of the morning! Actually I haven't been to bed yet, just got back around 1:00 am from playing bingo tonight. It's 3:00 out west here.

Lim lemtsh,

Diana 

I'm in the central time zone. I wake up around 3 a.m. whether I want to or not. The downside? I'm in bed by 8 p.m. Yeah, I'm great fun at parties.  :)

Offline juztme

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 07:40:26 pm »
I bet yur not even native. What ever Native there was done gone looonnng ago. Now you sound like bitter racists.
But I tell you this fools. I have nothin gainst white but i am what they call mixed race--part english part african. Unless of course 'whitey' means ANYONE not part of your precious tribe?

the attitude here is sad sad sad. Actually it is the antipode of my cheerful, friendly, reaching out to others to openly explore. I find you similar to the dealings I have had with people/groups at various forums who think themselves supporting science, when really they are in the cult of scientism. They too are rule-bound, and hostile, argumentative, mod-heavy, and obnoxious, and anti-entheogens, or anything which threatens their stifling claustrophobic worldviews.

Of COURSE I dont presume ALL native peoples are like the ones in my face here if YOU are what you claim to be...achem. I mean how would I know  8)

In that first UFO thread IF it had been allowed to breathe and wasn't pounced and and bolted locked by locksmith-Annie-whatever-her-name, then we could have adjusted, in a flexible way to EXPLORE things. Not be all tribal and closed off. How the hell in this world is THAT gonna work? Instead of callin people 'whitey' which is racist, or nigga, or whatever,  there should be a reachin out. An openness, or its just paranoia, fear, hate, and what is going on here right now.

I had asked an innocent questions but get attacked and then I am scapegoat. typical. See what you do  ::)

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 08:17:49 pm »
Patronizing, racist, entitled, verbally abusive trolls get banned. Sorry, but we're not your playpen or your mud-wrestling pit.

But thank you for the display of entitlement and aggression. You have demonstrated once again why NDNs have every right to be suspicious of outsiders, especially those who come from across the water demanding access to all their cultural knowledge.

I realize you are disappointed that no one here told you what you want to hear in your quest for drugs and "exotic" experiences. This is not your tourist stop, and I think you'll be happier when you learn to treat people with more respect.

You might also want to look up the psychological concept of Projection. I realize you don't understand that you have behaved offensively, so you perceived others placing limits on your behaviour as an attack on you. It may take you some time to realize this. From your actions here, I think you are probably very young, so there's time. Try listening, and not being so aggressive with people. Just a thought.

Offline Spandex~Atom

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 08:46:06 pm »
You might also want to look up the psychological concept of Projection.

here you go:

Psychological projection or projection bias is a psychological defense mechanism where a person unconsciously denies their own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, such as to the weather, or to other people.
'Emotions or excitations which the ego tries to ward off are "spit out" and then felt as being outside the ego...perceived in another person'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:39:36 pm by Kathryn »

Offline Laurel

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 10:48:21 pm »
I bet yur not even native. What ever Native there was done gone looonnng ago. Now you sound like bitter racists.
But I tell you this fools. I have nothin gainst white but i am what they call mixed race--part english part african. Unless of course 'whitey' means ANYONE not part of your precious tribe?

the attitude here is sad sad sad. Actually it is the antipode of my cheerful, friendly, reaching out to others to openly explore. I find you similar to the dealings I have had with people/groups at various forums who think themselves supporting science, when really they are in the cult of scientism. They too are rule-bound, and hostile, argumentative, mod-heavy, and obnoxious, and anti-entheogens, or anything which threatens their stifling claustrophobic worldviews.

Of COURSE I dont presume ALL native peoples are like the ones in my face here if YOU are what you claim to be...achem. I mean how would I know  8)

In that first UFO thread IF it had been allowed to breathe and wasn't pounced and and bolted locked by locksmith-Annie-whatever-her-name, then we could have adjusted, in a flexible way to EXPLORE things. Not be all tribal and closed off. How the hell in this world is THAT gonna work? Instead of callin people 'whitey' which is racist, or nigga, or whatever,  there should be a reachin out. An openness, or its just paranoia, fear, hate, and what is going on here right now.

I had asked an innocent questions but get attacked and then I am scapegoat. typical. See what you do  ::)

I am deadfishbelly white and never claimed otherwise. And your anti-reality (anti-science) attitude surprises me not a whit. As for this "WE could have adjusted" foolishness, it's obvious that you intend to adjust not at all, but instead expect the forum to stop being NAFPS and become the "Soopaspeshul JUZTME (and nobody else but me) UFO Forum."

You met with hostility not because you were "friendly," but because you decided you didn't have to educate yourself about the intention of the forum, or even introduce yourself after more than one polite request to do so. If I came into your house without asking and told you how crappy your decor was and shat on the carpet repeatedly after having been respectfully asked not to do that, would you think I was being friendly and cheerful in my reaching out to you?

Don't let the door hit your silly childish ass.

Offline Laurel

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 10:50:57 pm »
Patronizing, racist, entitled, verbally abusive trolls get banned. Sorry, but we're not your playpen or your mud-wrestling pit.

But thank you for the display of entitlement and aggression. You have demonstrated once again why NDNs have every right to be suspicious of outsiders, especially those who come from across the water demanding access to all their cultural knowledge.

I realize you are disappointed that no one here told you what you want to hear in your quest for drugs and "exotic" experiences. This is not your tourist stop, and I think you'll be happier when you learn to treat people with more respect.

Brilliant!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 01:42:53 am by Kathryn »