Author Topic: Re: MP/RB Feud  (Read 3454 times)

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: MP/RB Feud
« on: October 12, 2010, 09:25:51 pm »

You said
If an alleged medicine person or exploiter makes false claims about
being NDN, that is very much everyone's business to know the truth.
But trying verify each person's claim of their background is ludicrous
and impractical, esp since there's almost 2000 of us now. An
individual member's BQ means little to us here.

I think the problem with rattlebone is that he imagines he has a right
to endorse a particular person as a qualified spiritual leader, and
worse, he openly admits to personally attacking the native people who
have questions about this persons actual qualifications.

Non native people making false claims about themselves being NDN and
insisting they have the authority to endorse unqualified people as
spiritual leaders and who also attack the NDN people who express
concerns about this, are very much what NAFPS deals with. At the
point NAFPS appears to be protecting these people , and banning their
critics , and no one will discuss what is behind this, it does begin
to appear there is a serious problem.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 10:25:31 pm by educatedindian »

Offline Rattlebone

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:55:49 pm »
You said
If an alleged medicine person or exploiter makes false claims about
being NDN, that is very much everyone's business to know the truth.
But trying verify each person's claim of their background is ludicrous
and impractical, esp since there's almost 2000 of us now. An
individual member's BQ means little to us here.

I think the problem with rattlebone is that he imagines he has a right
to endorse a particular person as a qualified spiritual leader, and
worse, he openly admits to personally attacking the native people who
have questions about this persons actual qualifications.

Non native people making false claims about themselves being NDN and
insisting they have the authority to endorse unqualified people as
spiritual leaders and who also attack the NDN people who express
concerns about this, are very much what NAFPS deals with. At the
point NAFPS appears to be protecting these people , and banning their
critics , and no one will discuss what is behind this, it does begin
to appear there is a serious problem.

You have no clue about who I am or what I know, or don't know. In fact you are making statements based on things that even those who are making the statements you are trying to present as fact have really not proven conclusive one way or the other.

Some how you and a few others think I owe you all answers about these things such as who my family is and all of that, but the fact is I do not. I am not a writer, artist, musician etc etc, so in short I am making no gain whatsoever by acknowledging my ancestry or claiming to be as such.

If I have refused to answer such question, it has been very much something that can be proven to be a valid thing just by some evidence I provided to this very forum in which proved I was being stalked and had thinly veiled threats of violence against me from one individual who is a member of this board. All of that has been proven to be fact. In fact those that have either demanded I give it to them, or have tried to do so by force, I can prove have direct ties to the individuals who have put threats of violence against my personal safety.

You of all people have no right to say this person or that person must give up any sort of personal info to the general public since you yourself will not even give your name or even if you are native or not. So your viewpoints on things as far as I am concerned could just come from the online or book research that you might engage in.

To date I have not "endorsed" any spiritual leader, but have stated my opinion on various issues brought up on this board based on what I know, or researched etc. This is no different then what you have done, or what has actually been allowed to be done by people in here that have stated they were total NONs.

What I see here is an effort to silence me and discredit me based on my opinions on this board or elsewhere, just as much as it is about who I am friends with, and who I do not like and vice versa.

I think one of the biggest things that both yourself and BLS926 have against me is my opinion on PODIA people, and you yourself in a private email to me has pretty much stated you do not like them being considered NDN, though I will concede you did say something about their being exceptions, and those exceptions I have always brought up, because it is the right thing to do.

In short what you and BLS926 really do not like of me is that I have been saying for years now the exact same thing I have found Dr Al himself saying in a thread you started which is

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=846.0  

"I also don't want to take anything away from PODIAs who are trying to connect with what they've lost. That's something I think we should always encourage. To me at least, someone with low BQ who is part of an NDN community *is* NDN. And a PODIA who immerses themselves in the culture, tries to do something for that community, IDs as a member, and gets accepted by least part of it, *is* NDN."

Also I had nothing to do with BLS926 being banned, and nor did I make a complaint about her comment to me which keeps being brought up. If it was done, then that was the choice of the moderators and had nothing to do with me, period.

I do not post on this board much now days, and when I do I feel I contribute intelligently without causing any kind of drama. Sure I have my moments in the past on this site, but I have taken the advice and warning of everyone including the moderators and cut that behavior out, even if it had not even been my intention back in those days to "cause drama or derail things."

The issue being discussed on this board has nothing to do with me really, and I would appreciate that you keep my name out of this business. As long as I am doing no harm to this board, which I am not, then I have every right to my viewpoints and opinions being expressed here as long as the moderators are okay with them. Not unlike I also have the right to acknowledge my ancestry, and proudly say what people I come from, and to use my experiences from real life interaction and things I have been taught by elders to give some of my opinions and viewpoints.

You may not like my opinions, but often times I do not like yours. We both have that right to our opinions and to not like those of each other.

Again, keep me out of your drama on this thread, as it really has nothing to do with me, and never did.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 12:25:31 am by Rattlebone »

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 10:21:47 pm »
Rattlebone... lots of words...

Proof of the problem I just described is in the links below...some under the nic Firebrand.

And this is just a small sample...

It's not your BQ, or if you even have any , it's your behavior, and questions about how realistic you are in your imagining you have a right to endorse spiritual leaders and a right to try and discredit the native people who don't agree with your endorsement....

http://64.38.12.138/boardx/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36742&whichpage=1

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1655.150

If the discussion of your right to get involved in promoting your personal idealogy as a non native person or a person claiming to be native who's claims often turn out to be unsubstantiated, belongs anywhere it probably doesn't belong in this thread...

Standing up for the concerns often expressed by people who can prove they are NDN and who can prove they are recognized by native communities as legitiment leaders, and doing so anonymously, is totally different than thinking it's OK to endorse someone as a spiritual leader or attack the native people who don't agree, without offering proof of  credentials and community backing....

Anyways, like I say this topic only seems related because a comment to you was the reason that was given for why bls926 was banned. Sorry to see you get dragged into it...

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 10:28:15 pm »
I've split the topic since it was degenerating into, yet again, the old feud. I almost deleted the whole useless petty mess, and I still might.

The two of you take it to private IMs. No more wasting our time on this, go to Indianz if you want to puff your chests out at each other and the world.