Author Topic: sigh, they never learn...  (Read 3941 times)

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
sigh, they never learn...
« on: April 01, 2010, 01:01:19 am »

Written by Carmine DeMarco

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 08:06 PM

http://bergennow.com/201003311282/wyckoff/high-mountain-crystal-lake-zen-center-wyckoff-nj-new-jersey-grandfather-duncan-sings-alone-workshop.html

WYCKOFF,N.J. - The High Mountain Crystal Lake Zen Center in Wyckoff will hold aworkshop on the "Native Path to Deep Spirituality" on Saturday, April24.
The program will feature Grandfather Duncan Sings-Alone, with thetheme of "learning to live in oneness with all creation through the RedPath". Grandfather Duncan Sings-Alone is an enrolled Cherokee (GeorgiaTribe of Eastern Cherokee), native priest, spiritual teacher, andauthor of the book "Sprinting Backwards to God".

GrandfatherSings-Alone will guide participants to a living awareness of ouroneness with the earth and all creation through experiential exercises,story, dialogue, and meditation.

"Deep spirituality is not a setof techniques" Grandfather Sings-Alone told BergenNOW. "It is a way ofrelationship with all that is, or what my people call Mitakuye Oyas’in(all my relations). This means that when you walk the land you knowthat the Grandmother beneath your feet is alive, that the tree besideyou has its own consciousness, that the stones over which you step havetheir own consciousness, and that the world around you and you are one.Living in that knowledge is what we call deep spirituality."

HighMountain Crystal Lake Zen Center is located at 393 Crescent Avenue inWyckoff on Saturday, April 24, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The fee is$65. To register, or for more information please e-mail office@highzen.org or call 201-891-9100.

Offline E.P. Grondine

• Man and Impact in the Americas
Re: sigh, they never learn...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 06:30:37 pm »
Doesn't this need to go to Research Needed?

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: sigh, they never learn...
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 02:00:55 pm »
There are threads that have info on "Duncan SIngs Alone" in frauds already. You can put that name in the search feature. I just am amazed that people never learn.