Author Topic: Disaster In America, United Staes Ignores  (Read 17648 times)

Offline flyaway

• "Your mind is your strongest weapon"
Re: Disaster In America, United Staes Ignores
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2010, 07:23:26 pm »
Critter,
I so agree and it boild my blood. We have all called, and emailed, BUT nothing. We are all human beings, while we hear and our GOV. send aid to all the diasters in other countries, I firmley believe starting at home!!!
 This has just made me sick. I will continue to help as I can, email all the people I know can help, but I damn well will not have it go through the council. My lakota sister told me today that while she was working on the Rez a few years back a Nikki truck pulled up with shoes, she saw the council have them back up to the door and they took them all and sold them, if you will remember that council, some was sent to jail for thier dirty deeds. I could go on about other things that have occured but , it still does not let our United States Gov. off the hook for doing nothing!!!! >:(
Walk with the Sun; Dance with the Moon; Sing with the Stars; But always...Run with the Wind. -
Snow Owl, Nevada. December 8, 2001

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2010, 11:13:00 pm »
Well, I wish I had money, because then I could simply bypass the stupid news media and purchase full page ads in every major newspaper and print the story myself in that way.  Get it out there.  Even a half or quarter page..  buy space in the newspaper for the story.  But, as always, money in this world dictates so much of our lives it's ridiculous.  Maybe flood Michelle Obama with letters of why I'm embarrassed to be an American, as her mail may not be as picked over as the Pres.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 11:14:33 pm by critter »
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2010, 03:33:59 pm »
This is good news.

---------------

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news/state-and-regional/south-dakota/article_f9b6482e-170e-11df-8c5d-001cc4c002e0.html

Relief fund for S.D. tribe grows quickly
Story Discussion Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:10 am | (3) Comments

Font Size: Default font size Larger font size PIERRE, S.D. (AP) - The president of the South Dakota Community Foundation says donations are pouring in to a relief fund for residents of the Cheyenne River Indian Reservation.

An ice storm and blizzard in late January paralyzed the reservation, knocking out power and water to thousands.

Foundation President Bob Sutton says there was only about $8,000 in the relief fund earlier this week. But he says thousands of donations have been pouring in from around the country after the reservation's plight and the relief fund were featured on a cable TV news talk show. The fund has now surpassed $200,000.

The Bush Foundation and the Northwest Area Foundation are offering some matching money that Sutton says could push the relief fund to $300,000.

On the Net:

SD Community Foundation: http://www.sdcommunityfoundation.org/

Offline Unegv Waya

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2010, 08:18:50 pm »
That is good news!  Now, if we could get the press to really cover the story the donations and fund would likely grow even faster.

So far the only news channel to mention it, as far as I know, is MSNBC.  They have mentioned it throughout last week only it was only covered as a brief commentary each time.  No real news coverage has happened yet.

Of all the people I know, native and non-native alike, only one has seen the MSNBC mention and that person only saw it because she watches MSNBC specifically for the "Worst of the Worst" commentary.
nvwatohiyadv

apukjij

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2010, 10:10:13 pm »
it is awesome news! let Pine Ridge be next!!!

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2010, 11:22:08 pm »
It is good news. Amazing what even just a bit of press can do.
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html