Author Topic: Free Spirits of Sweden  (Read 8890 times)

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Free Spirits of Sweden
« on: May 18, 2005, 03:52:20 am »
Annika will have to translate this one as I don't speak Swedish let alone read it! But, uh, I do understand one word: Cherokee. And if you dink around there is a "Shaman Wisdom Card" section.

http://www.freespiritsofsweden.com/

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

Re: Free Spirits of Sweden
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 02:34:38 pm »
I think Annika and Trisha might be up to something!

11.00 - 11.50   Trisha Jacobs (Cherokee) – ceremonier, igår och idag

http://www.freespiritsofsweden.com/annons/2005/program2005_3.html

Offline vikinglady

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 03:54:50 pm »
This is the organization that arranged the big event last summer where Trisha and I participated together with two Samii friends and a Native guy from Australia. They asked Trisha to return again this summer.

Last year it was packed with Nuagers - I got one hour to talk about the book, then Trisha came on and talked about the selling of spirituality. By then quite a few guys were cheesed off and looked pretty relieved when our Nakoda friend Ian came on, dressed in his pow wow outfit  - guess they were thinking "Oooh, finally...a "real ndn!"
And  then he spoke for another hour about not selling sweats or trying to conduct them. So it was a very strong message to the crowd and I´ve never experienced that at any other festival in Sweden!!

Granted, there are several things I don´t go along with like the selling of those horrible statues. And I know Trisha told them to remove the info about the "shaman cards". It has probably just slipped their minds.... And there are quite a few dress-upers on the board.

We don´t work with them as I feel they are too far away from what we try to achieve. But they do give us a forum to bring out the truth and in comparison with other " Ndn organizations" in Sweden, at least this one is among the top ten....

Annika

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 04:37:35 pm »
Thanks for the info, Annika. It's good to know what is going on with them. Maybe they have learned somethings and that is good. This site was passed to me on another list for the cards. They thought the cards were funny as all get out.;)