Author Topic: Bls Complaint  (Read 8581 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Bls Complaint
« on: July 17, 2009, 02:28:31 am »

Al, I am not going to edit any of my posts. Considering that Bubo questioned my intelligence and my ability to comprehend on numerous occasions, made false accusations about what I was posting, called me names and was generally rude and disrespectful, I was as polite as humanly possible. I request that no one's posts are edited, leave them as they are; and then lock this thread.

I'm not doing either. I'm editing out solely all insults, whether by you, BA, or anyone else. And the simple fact that I made it clear any more wouldn't be tolerated seems to have made all of you more civil.

Obviously all of you wish to keep discussing this, so I see no reason to lock the thread either.

Offline bls926

Bls Complaint
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 05:21:08 am »
Of course, the "keyboarding problem" could be related to exposing the Burrows Cave fraud ring, and not
to bls.

I suppose we'll learn which shortly.

Grondine [Insult removed] How could I have anything to do with your "keyboarding problem"? How could exposing the Burrows Cave fraud have caused it? Sounds like there's something wrong with your keyboard, your computer. Yep, sounds like a personal probem.

« Last Edit: Today at 09:29:39 PM by educatedindian »

Al, when you took out my insult, you changed the spelling of problem. That originally read "personal problem", not probem. I've gone back and corrected it.

Why am I the only one whose 'insults' have been edited out?

Grondine can accuse me of having some kind of mystical power over his keyboard, but I can't ask him if he's lost his mind? How's that fair?

Offline bls926

Bls Complaint
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 06:08:30 am »
Do not put words in my mouth. I made no claims about anything relating to Greenland, Atlantis, Lost Tribes of Israel, Middle East, or Wales? Where do you think your ancestors are from?

Bls you missed the correspondence in all of the sources that I have referenced. Dig deeper and keep looking. It might take you a few years.

Bubo can make comments like this and they aren't edited? This wasn't the first time he accused me of putting words in his mouth or taking things out of context. This little rant of his was disproved when I posted information from his website.

It was an 'insult' when I asked Bubo if he had a problem with comprehension, but it's okay for him to say I wasn't able to comprehend one of his theories? It's okay for Bubo to say it might take me "a few years" to understand the point he was trying to make? He could call my comments "thoughtless"? He could say my reasoning is "rediculous"? (Bubo's spelling, not mine.) Bubo could say concepts had gone over my head, but it isn't considered an 'insult'?

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 06:23:23 am by bls926 »

Offline bls926

Bls Complaint
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 06:29:05 am »

Al, I am not going to edit any of my posts. Considering that Bubo questioned my intelligence and my ability to comprehend on numerous occasions, made false accusations about what I was posting, called me names and was generally rude and disrespectful, I was as polite as humanly possible. I request that no one's posts are edited, leave them as they are; and then lock this thread.

I'm not doing either. I'm editing out solely all insults, whether by you, BA, or anyone else. And the simple fact that I made it clear any more wouldn't be tolerated seems to have made all of you more civil.

Obviously all of you wish to keep discussing this, so I see no reason to lock the thread either.

No, Al, you didn't edit out "all insults". Both Grondine and Bubo have been condescending and rude throughout this entire thread and not a single one of their 'insults' have been edited. Why are they allowed to say whatever they want without fear of censure?

I'm seeing a double standard and I don't like it.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Bls Complaint
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 01:19:25 pm »
Do not put words in my mouth. I made no claims about anything relating to Greenland, Atlantis, Lost Tribes of Israel, Middle East, or Wales? Where do you think your ancestors are from?

Bls you missed the correspondence in all of the sources that I have referenced. Dig deeper and keep looking. It might take you a few years.

Bubo can make comments like this and they aren't edited? This wasn't the first time he accused me of putting words in his mouth or taking things out of context. This little rant of his was disproved when I posted information from his website.

It was an 'insult' when I asked Bubo if he had a problem with comprehension, but it's okay for him to say I wasn't able to comprehend one of his theories? It's okay for Bubo to say it might take me "a few years" to understand the point he was trying to make? He could call my comments "thoughtless"? He could say my reasoning is "rediculous"? (Bubo's spelling, not mine.) Bubo could say concepts had gone over my head, but it isn't considered an 'insult'?

No, Al, you didn't edit out "all insults". Both Grondine and Bubo have been condescending and rude throughout this entire thread and not a single one of their 'insults' have been edited. Why are they allowed to say whatever they want without fear of censure?

He critiqued what you said in those instances, he did not insult you the person. And look more carefully. Both BA and Grondine have also had their insults removed.
To avoid sidetracking further, if you wish you can start a thread about your complaints under Etc.

Offline bls926

Bls Complaint
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 01:55:59 am »

He critiqued what you said in those instances, he did not insult you the person. And look more carefully. Both BA and Grondine have also had their insults removed.
To avoid sidetracking further, if you wish you can start a thread about your complaints under Etc.

I'm not starting a thread in Etc, where what I have to say is buried and no one will see it. At the risk of being edited/deleted/banned, I'm going to address this issue here, where it started.

I did "look more carefully"; I've read every post on this thread. There have been only three people edited. Shkaakwus on 5/29, 6/1, and 6/11; banned from posting on 6/11. Bullhead twice on 6/2 and once on 6/3; banned on 6/3. And myself twice on 7/16.

So, my question still stands: Why are Grondine and Bubo allowed to say whatever they want without fear of censure?

BuboAhab

Bls Complaint
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 01:19:47 pm »
Bls take a look at the statement on my website "This is published for educational purposes at no cost. Please do not reproduce without permission. Copyright 2008 Vince Barrows All rights reserved."

Once again, Bls did not ever ask permission, and may not use my website. Bls malicious actions and false comments are aimed at sidetracking to divert attention away from the topic.

Offline bls926

Re: Bls Complaint
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 04:29:31 pm »
Bls take a look at the statement on my website "This is published for educational purposes at no cost. Please do not reproduce without permission. Copyright 2008 Vince Barrows All rights reserved."

Once again, Bls did not ever ask permission, and may not use my website. Bls malicious actions and false comments are aimed at sidetracking to divert attention away from the topic.

Bubo, I answered this in The Red Record, before Al moved your post to my complaint thread. Hopefully you understand what I said and there's no need to repeat myself.

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 05:42:52 pm »
I guess this question is directed at Al and I'm not sure if he feels he already did his best to answer this or if he is planning on saying more when he has time, but I don't like to see people who have a lot to contribute get bogged down in personal disagreements and I'm hoping I can make a couple observations which might help.

First , when it comes to being rude and insulting the person who has been insulted is often a lot more sensitive to the implications of what got said then people reading it. I often read internet disputes where i really can't see where anyone said anything that seem worth getting that offended by, but i suspect this is at least partly due to my lack of sensitivity that it wasn't aimed at me .

Next , Al is a busy guy and he often doesn't keep track of who insulted who first . Sometimes his perception seems a bit hasty or ill considered and he is unfair in who he criticizes . I just saw this happen another thread. The thing is we all can do this , and maybe the question should be why would anyone expect a busy person to moderate this board and keep track of every little nasty innuendo to the point they were always fair ? It seems a lot to expect of anyone.

Thirdly I agree that some people have been rude who haven't been edited, but when people say rude things that also have some possible legitmate content or opinion, it would be really difficult to figure out how to not throw out the baby with the bath water and which is which, and i notice the comments that fall in this catagory are usually not removed, even if they are worded in a really rude and inflammatory way. And there has been many comments made to bls which fall into this grey area.

Fourthly, for anyone not really familiar with the basic cultural background of what is being discussed in the thread on the Red Record, making sense of what is being discussed and evaluating the merits or fairness of everyones comments is probably next to impossible. Because the basis and legitimacy of everyones arguements is so difficult to follow it is also hard in some cases to know if some peoples insulting comments which are mixed with what may be a legitimate opinion are based on fact or are just obnoxious.

Personally I have found the arguements of Bubo and Grondine impossible to follow , which means I am also unsure if their unnecessarily rude way of expressing themselves might be mixed with genuine information. One the other hand what bls has written seems easier to follow. As it's easier to see a train of logical thought in what bls has written , it is also easier to spot and seperate any rude comments which were not nessesary to express this.

I know the one time Al edited me it felt really unfair and like a violation , changing what I wrote in response to what seemed to me a lot of provokation. But as i said before, I respect there is a good reason to insist people stay polite, and editing does force people to try and choose their words more carefully.   

So my respect for the reasons this got done greatly out weighs me being personally insulted.

I hate to see disagreements like this divide our ability to work together. Just my big mouthed 10 cents worth.

BuboAhab

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 03:31:38 am »
"Fair Use" does not include the right to copy an entire website and make spiteful comments.

Examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use:
“quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment;
quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work,
for illustration or clarification of the author’s observations;
use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied;
summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report;
reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy;
reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson;
reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports;
incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported.”

Copyright protects the particular way an author has expressed himself. It does not extend to any ideas, systems, or factual information conveyed in the work.

The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. The Copyright Office cannot give this permission.

When it is impracticable to obtain permission, use of copyrighted material should be avoided unless the doctrine of fair use would clearly apply to the situation. The Copyright Office can neither determine if a certain use may be considered fair nor advise on possible copyright violations. If there is any doubt, it is advisable to consult an attorney.

http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

One final time BLS did not ask permission to copy my webpage and Bls may not use it. The continued malicious intent that this editor is making constantly is detracting from this conversation.

Offline bls926

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 04:19:09 am »
"Fair Use" does not include the right to copy an entire website and make spiteful comments.

“quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment;
quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work,
for illustration or clarification of the author’s observations;
use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied;
summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report;
reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy;
reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson;
reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports;
incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported.”

Copyright protects the particular way an author has expressed himself. It does not extend to any ideas, systems, or factual information conveyed in the work.

The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. The Copyright Office cannot give this permission.

When it is impracticable to obtain permission, use of copyrighted material should be avoided unless the doctrine of fair use would clearly apply to the situation. The Copyright Office can neither determine if a certain use may be considered fair nor advise on possible copyright violations. If there is any doubt, it is advisable to consult an attorney.

http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

One final time BLS did not ask permission to copy my webpage and Bls may not use it. The continued malicious intent that this editor is making constantly is detracting from this conversation.

Copy an entire website? Make spiteful comments? Bubo, you're suffering from paranoia. As I stated earlier, the only things I've copied from your website were posted on NAFPS in The Red Record. I referenced where the information came from and a link to the source. I didn't copy your entire website and I didn't make spiteful comments. Get a grip, boy.

This is the final time you're going to make this ridiculous statement? Promise? I don't need your permission. I've been doing this a lot longer than you have and I know the law. You're the distraction, Bubo. It's kind of hard to discuss anything as adults, when there's a child in the room whining for attention.

Offline Ann

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 03:00:50 am »
bls...what goes around comes around

Offline bls926

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 05:30:39 am »

Yep, sure does.

Offline E.P. Grondine

• Man and Impact in the Americas
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 08:21:54 pm »

Yes, it sure does, Ann. It may take a while, but it surely will.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 08:27:56 pm by E.P. Grondine »

Offline E.P. Grondine

• Man and Impact in the Americas
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 08:30:58 pm »

Bubo, I have told you that you have no "right" to "own" any of this, that it is not yours to own, but it does not sink in.