Author Topic: Got this in my email today...  (Read 6940 times)

Offline Ann

Got this in my email today...
« on: June 22, 2009, 05:02:12 pm »
Leonard Peltier: Emergency health crisis needs response

The following alert was released on July 19 by the Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee.

Kari Ann Cowan, Peltier's niece, reported on July 19 from the prison at Lewisburg that Leonard may have suffered a heart attack. She stated, "He had a hard time breathing. He was in his cell and had an ache in his chest. He was kinda scared he was having a heart attack. He raised his hands, breathed slowly and finally felt better."

We need to call the prison and ask them to get Leonard to the hospital in Rochester (MN) as soon as possible for a check up.

Be polite and courteous and express your concern for his health and welfare. We gotta step up. Make reference to Leonard Peltier #89637-132. Call Warden Scott Dodrill at (570) 523-1251.

Fax numbers: (570) 522-7745 and (570) 522-7519. E-mail address: LEW/EXECASSISTANT@BOP.GOV

In the Spirit of Crazy Horse, Wanbli, Co-Support Group Coordinator and LP-DOC Spokesperson Time to set him free. Because it is the RIGHT thing to do. Go to www.whoisleonardpeltier.info.

** Leonard Peltier has expressed thanks for all of those who have already called and asks for the calls to continue to him the medical treatment he needs.
get him to the Prison Hospital in Rochester.

Offline Ann

Re: Got this in my email today...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 01:05:16 pm »
I just got this in my email so i assume it was recent.I will check out the date next time.

Offline Ann

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 05:54:10 pm »
I recheck my email and the date is given as July 19. As i mention i just receive this email about 3 days ago...no year is given.If anyone have any idea how Leonard is doing let us know and lets be respectful of each other.thanks

Offline bls926

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 02:06:26 am »
I think this was June 19th, not July 19th. On the website, they mention Leonard passed his treadmill test. So, obviously, something has happened recently.

On another note, we have learned that Leonard has passed his treadmill test and his heart appears to be all right. We thank you for your efforts to secure health care for our brother. LP DOC Board & Advisors

I didn't get the e-mail about his possible heart attack. However, I did get one yesterday about writing letters to the parole board.

Offline Ann

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 11:13:08 am »
I accept your apology,Tachia but let us be careful how we speak to one another.I would love to have you respond to my threads in a respectful way.Take care_Glad to know Leonard is ok.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 11:25:25 am by Ann »

Offline tachia

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 04:20:58 am »
because nothing in this thread makes any sense with all my posts gone .. to explain that ..

this person wished for Al to delete all my posts .. i said that i would do so myself as i know that Al is busy and does not need to be bothered with yet more pettiness .. i do not know how to completely delete them .. this is the best i could do .. i sincerely hope that it suffices .. ..

Offline bls926

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 09:04:09 pm »
Tachia, I don't think you should have deleted any of your posts. The original post stated that the alert was released on July 19th. If it had been July, it would have been 2008, which would definitely be old news. After the bulletin about Dennis Banks' heart attack, I can understand your concern that old news was being posted as current. Sometimes these bulletins and alerts take on a life of their own, being posted and re-posted for months. You simply made a comment; Ann took offense and got her panties in a bunch. Not your fault.

Would you please re-post the e-mail you were forwarded concerning Leonard's health? There were a few things "off" in that up-date that I wanted to discuss.

Offline tachia

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 05:53:39 pm »
Tachia, I don't think you should have deleted any of your posts. The original post stated that the alert was released on July 19th. If it had been July, it would have been 2008, which would definitely be old news. After the bulletin about Dennis Banks' heart attack, I can understand your concern that old news was being posted as current. Sometimes these bulletins and alerts take on a life of their own, being posted and re-posted for months. You simply made a comment; Ann took offense and got her panties in a bunch. Not your fault.

Would you please re-post the e-mail you were forwarded concerning Leonard's health? There were a few things "off" in that up-date that I wanted to discuss.

thanks bls .. i did not see anything in my posts that would warrant this "ann" asking for them to be deleted .. but i am just so sick of the "myspace people" that i went ahead and did it .. i had thought this "ann" was yet another "alias" from myspace, and if i had known for sure, as i do now, i would not have even engaged them .. no point as everyone has certainly seen .. .. indeed those myspace bulletins do take on a life of their own, being re-re-re-re-posted even years later .. the "look at me" syndrome lol .. yep "ann" sure got her panties in a bunch .. awfully quickly too don't ya think? .. makes one wonder .. .. .. .. ..

here is that up-date i received from TCD .. i removed the email address's, did not want to post them in public .. but if you want to contact the person who sent it i will give that addy to you in private ..

Date: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:09 pm
Subject: [Fwd: [CCJP-discuss] update on Leonard Peltier's health--he's OK]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:    [CCJP-discuss] update on Leonard Peltier's health--he's OK
Date:    Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:21:43 -0700 (PDT)

We have gotten word that Leonard has been examined by a doctor and has not had a heart attack. The symptoms that had so frightened his niece during her visit may have been caused by stress.  He was recently transferred to Lewisburg Prison in Pennsylvania and was badly beaten shortly after his arrival.  Supporters continue to work for Leonard's release, or, alternatively, a transfer to a prison closer to his home and family.

Leonard appreciates the phone calls, emails, and faxes to prison officials on behalf of his health needs.

Offline bls926

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 03:53:38 am »
I'm not going to say anything else about Ann; anything I say will end up quoted on another forum. Anyway, everything I wanted to say, I've already said in this and the Dennis Banks' thread.

Thanks for re-posting the e-mail about Leonard's health. Something that jumped out at me when I read it the first time:

He was recently transferred to Lewisburg Prison in Pennsylvania and was badly beaten shortly after his arrival.

First, none of these transfers were recent; all took place in January, five months ago.

He was transferred to Canaan on January 13th and was beaten shortly after his arrival.

He was transferred back to Lewisburg before the end of January, as a result of the beating, and remains there. Conditions at Lewisburg are much better than they were at Canaan.

Looks like they had their transfers mixed up.

Offline tachia

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 08:02:07 pm »
lol you right about that .. they are having a field day with us, AGAIN, on other forums .. .. no point in saying anything .. .. ..

true about the transfers et al.. i caught that as well, definite mix ups .. just chalked it up to people merely being told what the hierarchy of LPDOC wants them to hear .. tweek that sympathy button hard as ya can to wring even more "donations" out of others .. .. not much in the way of truth and not many that care to hear any truths .. ....

Offline tachia

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 06:26:40 pm »
bls .. received this in my email this morning and thought i would pass it along ..

[Fwd: [CCJP-discuss] corrections to my earlier note on Leonard Peltier
    Date: Thu Jul 2, 2009 9:25 am ((PDT))

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [CCJP-discuss] corrections to my earlier note on Leonard Peltier
Date:    Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:04:30 -0700 (PDT)

I've been asked to correct two misstatements in my earlier transmission
(below):
Leonard Peltier was not beaten at Lewisburg Prison. The beating occured
at Canan Prison.
At the time this article was written, Leonard was in a hospital,
undergoing tests, but results were not yet known. According to the
information I had at the time, provided by an unnamed "friend," it had
been determined that Leonard at least had not had a heart attack. But
his family and their spokesperson were skeptical about this source, as
they were unable to confirm the information.
Since that time, however, Leonard has passed a treadmill test-- a very
good sign. And all are now certain that he did not have a heart attack.
The spokesperson for Leonard's family explained to me that, though it is
important and appreciated for people to express to prison officials
their concern for Leonard's health and wellbeing, it is also important
to be scrupulously accurate in the information included. I can imagine
the problem that might be created if, even politely, a letter to the
warden at Lewisburg makes the misstatement that Leonard's beating
occured there. This would amount to a false accusation--it would not
help Leonard and might even make things worse for him.
The mistakes in the original article were my own.  Sorry for any probem
caused.
tina