Author Topic: Twolves in Ontario...  (Read 5036 times)

Offline sox

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • My Music
Twolves in Ontario...
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:54:31 am »
Anyone familiar with www.freewebs.com/2wolves/??

Located near Orangeville, Ontario.

They're not claiming to be doing any Native practices that I can garner from their website, but the owner/operator/therapist claims "Amanda has an extensive background in First Nations traditional teachings. She lived with and worked for a native elder and medicine woman for over ten years and through fasting, sweats and community service earned rights to traditional songs and ceremonies, became a pipe carrier and drum keeper, learned the medicine ways and the language."

sox
"Trust me, I'm a professional"

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Twolves in Ontario...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 01:44:45 am »
Also from the site:

"Amanda J. Newell CCHt MAE Ph.D is a life coach and certified Hypnotherapist, a member of both the International and Canadian boards of Hypnotherapists. Amanda also has a doctorate in Religion and is an ordained minister....
Her ordination is with the Universal Life Church, which is inclusive of all spiritual belief systems."

That's the internet minstry where you send in ten bucks and get certified.

"Amanda offers alternative marriage and commitment ceremonies, dedications, life stages transition ceremonies, birth and death rites personally designed to compliment your unique beliefs and customs."

DIY ceremonies, we'll make one up for you with a dash of this and that. And they do sell "Healing/Talking Circles based on various native traditions from around the world."

Also sells this.

---------------------

Womyn’s Native Spirituality Retreat

This weekend long retreat is packed full of teachings for a lifetime. Native traditions are sought the world over with ceremony sites in Germany, Ireland, England and France to name a few. The teachings you will receive here are based in the Ojibwa and Midewewin traditions.

You will receive the traditions as they were taught to me. These are teachings that I worked for the right to pass on.

The elder and medicine woman that I learned from is greatly respected in her own community as well as in the non native community. She always includes non native people when they come for ceremony, teachings or healing. She has been a link between the two worlds. She is a full blood Cree from Saskatchewan. She was a child of the residential school system and still bears the physical scars that came from that, she is a mother of five, grandmother of nine and great grandmother of one. All of her children have followed in the traditions through dance, POW WOW drumming and singing, sweat lodge facilitators and ceremony keepers.

It is an unwritten ‘rule’ within the native community that a true healer or medicine person will never reveal that fact to you directly. A word of advice to all who seek out the help of a healer;  A true healer is found by word of mouth in the community. A true healer will never call themselves a healer. Will never brag or boast about who they are or try to convince you that they can help you. They will never make promises of healing and will never charge you fees for their services. The true healers must be honored and respected and if you seek the help of one reward them from your heart. Give freely so that they can continue their work.

Weekend Program Will Include

Smudging:

You will learn the purpose of smudging and what different medicines are used for smudging and for which reason. How to smudge yourself, your home, loved ones and articles.

Full Moon Ceremony:

We will learn traditional native women’s teachings about water through the participation in a full moon ceremony. The moon is the Grandmother teacher for women and through her ceremony we will learn the important roles that women play in society and how they affect the world. We will learn the prayers and songs that are sacred to the women. You will participate in a pipe ceremony.

Sunrise Ceremony:

Just as it suggests this ceremony is conducted at dawn. We begin the ceremony before first light and we experience the dawn during the ceremony.

Drumming & Singing:

There are songs that are just for the women. We will learn these songs as well as find each individuals soul song through rhythm and sound.

Drum Making: (Four day retreat only)

Frames for traditional hand drums will be pre made for you and you will finish the drum by adding the skin and activating the spirit within that drum through ceremony. You will learn the teachings of the drum.

Solo Time:

This is a time for reflection on what you have learned and what you intend to do with it. You will make traditional tobacco prayer ties during your solo time that will be burned as an offering of the prayers that you put in them.

Coming of Age Ceremony: (Four day retreat only)

Most women in western society were denied the rites of passage at puberty that young native women experience even today. We will go through the process of this ceremony adapting it to meet the needs of the individual and the group. This ceremony will connect you with your first moon time and give you the right to the power that this sacred time brings. This rite involves fasting alone in a lodge for 24hrs.

Native Arts Class:

We will be making various Native Cultural items as are required by the participants. This may include medicine pouches, medicine wheels, significant jewellry etc.

-------------------

So she's claiming to teach you Ojibwe traditions that were supposedly given to her by an alleged Cree medicine woman she won't name. And BTW, there's a puberty ceremony to be performed, even though you're way too old for it.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 02:36:15 am »
Also from the site:

The elder and medicine woman that I learned from is greatly respected in her own community as well as in the non native community.

But of course she has no name.

It is an unwritten ‘rule’ within the native community that a true healer or medicine person will never reveal that fact to you directly. A word of advice to all who seek out the help of a healer;  A true healer is found by word of mouth in the community.

Which is why this one advertises herself on the Internet.

Offline sox

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • My Music
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 10:29:58 pm »
Thanks for checking that out Al... :)

I received a friend request on the ol' Facebook from her (she is an ex from when I was about 20, but was two timing me with her old boyfriend)...

Sad to see that she's still on the conning vibe...(and no,I won't accept her facebook request...)

sox

Offline sox

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • My Music
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 09:11:35 pm »
Well, I sent her a message, basically saying that I was a member of NAFPS and involved with exposing fraudulent activities and scams ( I also included a couple of quotes from your response Al, hope that's ok...)
I should've copied the whole thing and posted it here but Facebook doesn't keep copies of that type of message after it's been sent.

This was her reply:
"I'm sorry to hear that you are so jaded. Good luck with your search for enlightenment. Try to remember that what you don't know you should not comment on. I will not justify my blood line (which you know nothing about) and I feel bad that you seem stuck in a dark place of judgement and anger. I hope some day that you will be able to free yourself from this and concentrate on your own journey and not concern yourself with others.
Blessings to you and your family"

Sounds like a lot of other responses I've seen from wannabees and frauds being questioned...lol

sox