Author Topic: Robert Lovelace  (Read 25633 times)

Offline OneRed

Re: Robert Lovelace
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2011, 07:06:35 am »
Patrick Brazeau is white man in a native man's body, that's about how native he really is. He knows nothing about his people, side steps issues whenever you call him out on them (and believe me I have on many occasion) and he's got real issue with strong native women that speak out against him (he banned me from his group lol, along with several other women). He talks about reserves being disbanded (he would love for that to happen) and reserve life, when he's never even lived on a reserve. He wanted to keep his CAP pay, plus his senator pay, because that's how greedy he is and then he took off with a whole bunch of stuff from CAP - big screen TV and other stuff - claiming they were gifts for him. And left CAP in a big huge mess, I still don't even think they're functioning as an organization due to it. The guy was named as party boy of the year by McLeans Magazine, was accused of sexual harassment by several ladies that worked at CAP, one went for a lawsuit (not sure what happened with it though) .. and I was told by a few people that there was a lot of drinking and partying going on at the CAP office, during office hours. And bears no shame in the fact that he pays his EX wife under $500/month (I think it's under $200 but don't quote me on that) in child support for their son "because that's what the Quebec govt says he has to pay" ... and never paid her for years. BUT meanwhile demands accountability regarding spending money on Aboriginal agency's ... they need to be accountable, but he doesn't. Yeah we don't really consider him to be native at all, not someone we're proud of.

they're trying to steal every last little bit of what we do have left, to the point of trying to become us. it's like using our skins as belts and boots all over again, but metaphorically. it's awful, disgusting, and totally dishonest.

i must also add that harper is tied in with big oil, which is his main concern. he worked at imperial oil before becoming the head of the conservative party, then pm; he's also hired tom flanagan, who is infamous about his views on indigenous rights, indigenous land title, etc. (advocates making indigenous people assimilate totally into the corporation of canada), and other people that were involved with the same premier of ontario who said "get those f**king indians out of the park", which resulted in dudley george getting murdered. sufficed to say, these people are not nice people.

brazeau strikes me as either "doesn't know what he's doing", and being used by these people, or "knows exactly, and thinks he'll profit from the association", or just doesn't care. during the residential school apology, he called himself "algonquin canadian", which is just totally ignorant of his history and culture, to say such a thing.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:27:25 am by OneRed »