Author Topic: HelpTheIndians.com  (Read 33577 times)

Offline sox

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • My Music
Re: HelpTheIndians.com
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2008, 11:56:57 pm »
Damn, Freija.... that was very well said!!!

Second since when do we have people talking for us in Europe?
Ummm, some of us live over here...lol
And yes, we are involved in exposing the wannabes and twinkies and frauds for what they are... (lately, things are really starting to heat up with the PowWow "re-enactments" who claim to be putting on "authentic" PowWows with no NDN's present...they don't take being called "re-enactments" lightly. It makes me very angry and upset to see a bunch of white people dressing up as NDN's and putting on these events...)  If anyone's on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7372557106

Why are Native people traveling to Europe?
Like Frieja said...
to speak about the issues Natives of today face, most often about the exploitation.

There's many reasons why Native people come to Europe..even Al has been over here to give talks about this very thing!

Why are they doing ceremonies in Europe?
Most of them aren't...and the ones who do most likely aren't Native (hence places like this forum...lol)

Are there white people in those ceremonies?

Ooooh, yeah......

Why would a white person be a Native ceremonies?
In Europe, probably cause they bought a ticket....
And many other reasons that could take a long time to try and explain...

sox
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 12:05:12 am by sox »
"Trust me, I'm a professional"

Offline sox

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • My Music
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2008, 09:47:53 am »
http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/?storyID=1191

Brief article on the German "Indians"....

sox

Leonard

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2008, 11:18:28 pm »
... please do not do this thing against my friends - I have very few friends - maybe I have very few friends - but they are my 'life' ...

... please do not do this against 'Jeri Baker' and 'ONE Spirit' ...

... 'Olav' and 'birger' ... please just produce the proof that you do not sell the 'indians ceremony' and everything will be resolved ... This is not a 'public domain' issue - this is an issue of theft of intellectual property right and you have not been given express permission to sell what does not belong to you without permission. The 'indian' people have their beliefs and they have their ceremony that is not your permission to sell. You do not sell the 'pirate' CD of movies - why do you sell the 'pirate' ceremony of 'indian' that you do not even understand ?

Leonard.

<edit>

This 'thread' and others that I read here are really shocking and surprising to me and I am beginning to wonder why and what are the real motives for 'outsiders' and particularly 'white' people to get into the "The Indian business" (LOL) as 'Freija' describes it. I am seriously beginning to wonder what business any 'outsiders' have to do with this ? ... and I am asking this as a 'white' person myself.

... and 'shaman' has nothing to do with 'native american' culture. Siberia is regarded as the locus classicus of shamanism.

Du ønsker virkelig ikke til å gjøre dette, stoler på meg.

Jeg vet om din språk eller din kultur, men jeg ønsker til å prøve til å kommunisere til å forstå noe.

Hvordan kan vi løse dette problemet ?

<edit2> ... we could use some help to buy electric heaters for the people on 'Pine Ridge' - I live in a 'trailer' in  New Hampshire (USA) in a similar climate condition and the electric heaters work fine for me - any help would work fine to help the people with few things and little money. ... please talk to 'robert running bear' with energy assistance on 'pine', jeri baker, or 'running strong' for any further information. ... it is cold in New Hampshire; I am pretty sure that it is cold on the 'reservations' also. Leonard.

1/29/2008, checked this morning at 07:30 EST and the temperature is - 15 below 'zero' Fahrenheit at many place in South Dakota on 'reservations' - jeri baker tells me the money for the heaters is slowly coming in and the first shipment for 50 is due to arrive this Friday- a far number from the 500 # that the Lakota leaders say that they need. The plan is to place what we can get into the 'Victims Assistance Center' and other community centers so there will be place to gather for people to keep warm.

Leonard.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 05:02:34 am by Leonard »

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2008, 08:26:39 am »
four questions to ask your self and others

1 what is your real name            so it can be checked
2 who do you represent             what nation
3 who will represent you            from that nation
4 what is your per purse            given you from your nation

the lies are easy to hide but only for a short time ,and now the truth will haunt you for a long time

Offline sox

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • My Music
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2008, 09:11:48 pm »
... please do not do this against 'Jeri Baker' and 'ONE Spirit' ...

I don't believe anyone is doing or saying anything against Jeri and One Spirit.

I have been dealing with Jeri and the One Spirit organisation for about 4 years now and I can (and will) vouch for her honesty and integrity in what she does for the people of Pine Ridge. No one has any problem with Jeri.

The thread is about Olav and what he is doing in Norway in the name of Native people....

sox