Author Topic: immortal thinder  (Read 13898 times)

Offline bigknife

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
immortal thinder
« on: March 31, 2006, 01:37:49 am »
theres a guy who calls himself immortal thunder that goes on all the nativer forums.he tells natives about their own ceremonies,how to interpret dreams etc.he has a website,if u google immortal thunder i'm ure u can find him.just wondering what y'all think of this person.personally i think he's explointin our culture,misleading people with his own brand of spirituality,etc

Offline piya

• I Love YaBB 2!
Re: immortal thinder
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 02:58:22 am »
Now if I am correct he and lightning woman, used to, well most likely still do, frequent the APTN forum and the First Nations.com forum, with their bull. On his profile on one of his sites he puts his occupation as Universal Spritual Teacher. lol.

Here they are:

Del Ashkewe and Paula Johnstone also known as Immortal Thunder and Lightening Woman
To Old To Die Young

Offline piya

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 03:04:28 am »
A bit from http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Andes/1029/work.html

I haven't read through the site yet, but will do later.

Del Ashkewe, Born 1947, Cape Crocker I.R., Ontario, Canada. Potawattomi Holy Man/Artist, Activist, Bear Clan. At this time Del designs and helps People by giving them their Sacred Mandalas, reading Dreams and sharing other information as the Creator allows.

Paula Johnstone, Born 1957, Blind River, Ontario, Canada. 100% Native to Earth and sick of the Blood Quantum War. I am made up of mixed blood, Eagle Clan. Traditional Healer and Spiritual Teacher. Mother and Grandmother. Paula teaches wherever invited and spends a great deal of time teaching Street Youth, Environmentalists, and Others.

To Old To Die Young

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 07:26:02 pm »
Some of this is bizarre. Look at this mix of symbols.
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Andes/1029/work.html

Some of these, well, "strawberry teachings" and "alcohol spirit" and "bee teaching". OK....

And part of this poem about "alpha beings".
http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/ashjohn2.html
Weaving the Web of Life - by Del Ashkewe and Paula Johnstone....
The moment a female spirit brings forth life, becoming a Mother, she becomes an Alpha being....
The Spider/woman is an Alpha being. ? They are Alpha in the fact that they are the primary teachers of the Children of Earth."

And the way they always list their professions... wonder if they write Universal Spiritual Teacher on their tax forms?

This looks to be a cache of their old website. Did they do the spiritual tourism bit for awhile? Perhaps that didn't do too well if they had to move to geocities.
http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:JAtZBQim5uUJ:myjavaserver.com/servlet/varsitech.anonycat.AnonycatServlet%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.geocities.com%252FRainForest%252FAndes%252F1029%252F+del+%22immortal+thunder&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=20

Miamowi

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 02:49:53 pm »
I have had a number of run ins with IM and his wife on several occasions throughout the years...Lightening woman throws lots of religious mixed up mumbo jumbo at ya while he justifies it all if you dare to say a word against them both. I think you will also find that those sorts of people who are so convinced about themselves truly believe they are so right and everyone else is wrong.

Lightening woman when challenged by myself claimed I would be happy to go to her for advise one day..yeah right! Told her she had a surprise in store   ;D ;D ;D

IM can put forward an intelligent reasonable argument but when you break it down into its components it is nothing more than BS ::) ::) ::)

Miamowi

Offline bigknife

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 04:59:31 pm »
well this jackass is at it playing himself up .he mentions traditional teachers and adds in brackets LOL.

Offline PATRICK LAVALLEY

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 07:43:08 pm »
Hello,
I happen to know Delmar Ashkewe personally. He is a distant cousin of mine, from the same reserve Chippewas of Nawash, Saugeen Ojibway Nation. I haven't seen or spoken with him since I left Toronto in 2004. I will admit openly that Del slept on my couch when he needed a place to sleep and has let me stay at his home when I needed help. This is around the same time as these original postings to this site questioning his authenticity. I know Delmar is Bear Clan, Bodewatomi, his artwork is in gallerys and museums around the world and if Im not mistaken, also the Vatican has one of his works (as do all of my Thunderbird and Woodland artist peers. My connection to Delmar goes back so far as to include him proposing back-in-the-day to my mother-who was also a teacher and healer before she passed). I met Paula Johnstone in 1995/96, before Delmar introduced us I had no previous knowledge of her. Over the years she told me her family past and I have accepted it. I have been present when their students have visited and they have actually recognized me years later and some have become friends of my immediate family.

Being also in the circles which culture, art, tradition, history are commonly discussed, I see very little in the way of evidence that Delmar is a fraud, other than he has the stones to call himself a Medicine man on a business card. I myself have had many chuckles with him over that. He has produced Mandalas for my son and me for which I am greatful. I think where People go off mark with Delmar is that he is extremely knowledgeable about many cultures worldview and this added to his own understanding of Mide knowldge and his ability to talk in terms of original root-word definitions sets his work apart in that a person who reads his 'teachings' may feel lost even though his writing is done in a way that seems elemental. His knowledge allows him to go a few more levels further into his teachings than oh, say a school teacher discussing arts and culture from a set curriculum. I have never seen Delmar ask anyone for money. In fact his artwork is too fine to be affordable. He once told me he was tired of art dealers and general frauds misappropriating his art and mass producing it...so that worry is everywhere.

I was even present in their home during a particularly active time when people on message boards would try to wipe out their site and cause them harm and stress. They took it in the spirit of education, but are effected by the negative attention, but I don't expect that to stop either of them.

I have only seen Paula once since they had split up. She is a facebook friend and I will keep her as one to mark that period of time when she was my cousin's partner and friend. I think the pair of them cut a newagey-looking presence and talk newagey and can come across as arrogant, but as far as Delmar goes, I think he has earned whatever knowledge he has. If he was only about the money, he could sell his artwork for more than the value of most peoples family cars. Now, I saw just a post or two above this where bigknife called  Delmar a 'Jackass' and says he is 'playing himself up' perhaps bigknife would care to not play himself up and perhaps learn something about people, culture, traditions, spirituality, world religions, politics before he makes himself look the 'jackass'.

I mentioned in another post I was related to one of yor so-called frauds; actually, I think i am related to two: Delmar 'Immortal Thunder' Ashkewe and Jimmy LaVallee although I have never heard of Jimmy LaVallee before and am not sure where he is from. I do know that all Lavallee/Lavalley/LaVallee NDN and French are all related through the 18th century voyageurs. I have had my disagreements with Delmar over history, but I respect him because he knows more than any 50 peole you can put infront of him on the subjects of Human World View and Creationist history.

apukjij

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 11:25:50 pm »
he belongs in the category of frauds all right, his website is still full of mishmash and also the fraudulent teachings known as the Medicine Wheel which includes the  racist teaching of the 4 colours of Man> all started by sunbear and promulgated by that dang Phil Lane and the Four Winds Institute which resulted in canada's version of Hymeyohsts Storm's "Seven Arrows"  >which is called  "The Sacred Tree" a vile handbook for all culture=vultures. so much for a universal spiritual teachers. Patrick your in denial of the effect these poisoned teachings have on our Youth. This thread was not about the legitimacy of his heritage, you will find many in this section who are card carrying status indians. he claims to be a Medicine Man, Patrick you've been around, surely you knew a real Medicine Man, Albert Lightning who was from Hobema.  Now try to fit delmar into that dimension of what a real Medicine Man is. Delmar is here for perpetuating falsehood in the name of Spirituality.