Author Topic: Your opinion, please  (Read 24255 times)

Offline matt e

• my site
Re: Your opinion, please
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2008, 08:07:31 am »
I have this to say- you stated that you listen to it because it brings you peace and you are respectful of songs. that is not misusing it. 
 Now, we bring in intent. the tape was made to preserve the songs and language in a way that the young people would be able to learn them, and keep them alive. it was not the intent of making them to bring anyone who listens to them peace, but to teach, and preserve.  using them in any other way is misuse.

using certain drugs to treat ailments, or pain is fine, but using them just to get high, is misuse(not a good analogy i know), not only do we call it misuse, but it is officially called  drug abuse. the abuse comes from using them for other than their intended purpose. In this case, using the tape is not not abuse, using the tape for a purpose other than it was intended, is abuse. in this case, spiritual and cultural abuse of a people.

there is some wonderful music that is calming and relaxing that are freely available. perhaps you should get one of those. and mail the tape you have back to one of the people it was intended for.
feel free to share any post I make as long as you give me credit. I want everyone to know who to send the hate mail to.

Offline BrownNosed

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2008, 11:36:02 am »
Matt, I think this whole post is a good analogy !!!!!! Hopefully it gets the point across easier.

frederica

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2008, 03:51:25 pm »
I think the point is the tapes were taken without permission. That starts a whole series of problems.