Author Topic: David Hobgood AKA David Spellsinger AKA Sifu David  (Read 63333 times)

Offline isabellarose66

• I Love YaBB 2!
Re: David Spellsinger
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2006, 12:42:35 pm »
This is unreal. ? This is a way for David Spellsingers EX (not even girlfriend) :P toget back at him because she was pissed to learn about his wedding plans. ? I know this. I was there. ? She is the fake here. ? We went to one of her "Classes", supposed to be on runes, she seen me and some others, and then all of a sudden her class turned into some kind of crystal sh_t. ? She is the fraud. She and her "followers" are just a bunch of hateful people. She and her "followers" do this kind of thing to people who "tick them off". ? I dont know how you can allow these kind of things to be written about such a wonderful gentle man. ?  I know this man and he has done many readings for me and they all ? came true WORD FOR WORD. ?  And as far as this Native Amercian /Irish crap .....I am Half Irish and half Italian. ? Some say I look Irish ...others say Italian. ? Gee, I must be lying......maybe I am neither. ?  Maybe I made it up. Maybe the people who wrote this Bull sh_t should try to bash this man face to face. ? But ya see, that will never happen. ? You all have the info on finding him. ? The reason they wont do it, is they are afraid to face him and the lie. ? What goes around, WILL come around. ? Wait and see. ? HHmmm. maybe I will chat with others that have gotten readings from the ex and her "followers" , and see if they are true or not. ? They cant do their own kind of readings, they steal from others. ? Even family tradtions. ? All this proves is that these people are the weakest kind of waste or human flesh there is. ? Also, the pipe thing? ? So this is what you are going to rip on huh? ?  I have seen his cards, they are amazing hand made cards and NO ONE can steal those. ? So maybe that is a reason these people are ticked off......nothing else to steal from him? ? WE all know who this person is, I will be getting readings from some of these "followers" and I will send friends and family to his ex. See she knows me, so I cant go...but she dont know my family and friends. ? I will be back here to let you know what happens. ? Well, got to go and made some calls. ? And of course, to hit some places where these people are reading at. ? All of what these hateful people did is called slander......and guess what, it is against ? the law. ?  So, we will be talking to a lawyer and we WILL press charges. ? So , have a great day!! TTFN ;D

Offline 180IQ

• The Caretaker
  • I never sleep
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2006, 01:14:52 pm »
Please note, there is no reason for anyone to be emailing me personally about this man or this thread.

Thank you.

Offline piya

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2006, 02:47:03 pm »
isabellarose66,

Good old rant and rave.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter how much you think this guy is a messiah of some sort don't work.

What you have to realise when you come on here, you are dealing with genuine indian people and those that support  them.

Now as far as I see it, this guy uses a tribal name to justify everything he does.

So, if his readings are true, as you say, why doesn't he say he is from the " New Age Rainbow People " or some other crap.

Reason is, people will pay more bucks, if they think they have a connection to us, NATIVE PEOPLE,

Tell you what, send me some $'s,  and I can pick some stones from the street, send you to the nearest Sweat (sauna) at the local pool, and you will still believe.

Wake up to the real world
To Old To Die Young

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2006, 03:37:41 pm »
This is unreal.  This is a way for David Spellsingers EX (not even girlfriend) :P toget back at him because she was pissed to learn about his wedding plans.
As if we care about some hippie's wedding plans: if he didn't sell fake "Cherokee Wisdom", ripping off his punters and insulting Indians, no one here would have heard of him.

I know this. I was there.  She is the fake here.  We went to one of her "Classes", supposed to be on runes, she seen me and some others, and then all of a sudden her class turned into some kind of crystal sh_t...[snip]
Begone, annoying mall-Wiccan.

All of what these hateful people did is called slander......and guess what, it is against  the law.   So, we will be talking to a lawyer and we WILL press charges.
i love it when someone making a legal threat doesn't know the difference between slander and libel.

Offline LisaBowe

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2006, 04:31:04 pm »
This is my 1st post.  I'm amazed at the level of unresearched opinions that are flowing on this site.  If you plan to post on these websites, it is important to have an informed opinion.

For example, in this post.  Where is the "evidence" that this individual is fake?  I haven't seen one shred of "evidence" just conjuncture and innuendo, which can be taken as slanderous, as one of the previous posts indicated.  You cannot simply attack people on the Internet and hide behind screen names and expect not to be accountable.  The legal system doesn't work that way.  To bring out these types of charges then wishy-washy state,  “Finally...as I said, I'm new to this. ? If it turns out this man is legitimate and does indeed have the connections he claims to, and they're valid, I apologize in advance. ? It simply sounds very fishy to me.??? This is a cop-out and does not lend any validity to the prior statements.

In educated circles, this is a complete and total fabrication based on obviously uninformed and unintelligent conjuncture, which should not be allowed to be posted.  Basically, this site is nothing more than a place to post animosity and bare false witness against those that someone may wish to hurt without fear of reprisal.  I find this completely disturbing that anyone can post anything about anyone and get away with it.  What kind of sight is this that doesn't check anything.  Please don't tell me that this is only a forum for discussion, the primary post clearly states FRAUD in no uncertain terms.

I noticed some snide commentary, from one of the administrators no less, about “Cherokee Spirit Stones??? not being in Colorado.  Ha ha joke joke.  Being an administrator you should have correctly read the previous post, which stated, and I quote (and so did you), “The Spirit Stones are Cherokee.  Moreover, before you jump on those, I have seen similar stones used on the reservation in Colorado.???

Note: The intelligent person would have noticed that nowhere does it state “Cherokee??? when referring to “the reservation???.  The statement indicates that there are similar stones in Colorado, not, that they are Cherokee stones.  There are sites in Colorado that deal with crystal and stone totems and invoke the name spirit.  Here are a couple of examples:
http://www.quantumalchemy.com/crystals.htm
The ISIS Metaphysical Center in Denver, CO has Spirit Stones.  You can call them at 706-561-7844.

Now, let's explore how Cherokee and Colorado are related.  Below are a couple of official reservations in Colorado:
Southern Ute Indian Tribe of the Southern Ute Reservation
Ute Mountain Tribe of the Ute Mountain Reservation

According to factually documented history.  The Cherokee Indians in 1849-50 trailed through these areas giving birth to what is called today the, “Cherokee Trail??? in Colorado.  Use the links below for more information..
http://www.geocities.com/peaker59/history.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherokee
Now, why is this important?  Because the Cherokee Indians trekked right through the Ute territory.  Thus, it is not improbable that they would have traded secrets and possibly relations.

Not everything is published or public knowledge.  It is arrogant of us to assume that everything should be found in the yellow pages or on a website.  Most Indian traditions are passed word of mouth only.  Furthermore, there are other documented methods of using stones and/or pebbles for divination purposes such as:
Lithomancy: Which is divination by means of stones, either precious stones or gems, pebbles, or a load-stone.
Pessomancy: Which is divination from pebbles.
Psephomancy: Which is specifically, divination by drawing pebbles from a pile.
There are over 140 various types of documented divination, it is arrogant to assume that there are no undocumented variations, family traditions or such.

Raven stated that he/she don't know of any self-respecting Cherokees that would be working the psychic fairs passing off "Cherokee Wisdom".  What does that statement mean?  What basis in fact do you have to state that at all? Therefore, Ted Silverhand (Pawnee) is more credible because he's not Cherokee and attends Psychic Fairs and... oh yah... the Cherokee Indian Festival this year May 27th to 29th.  Also, I suppose that when Jacqueline Glen and Lori-Ann Locke, a Reiki practitioner and a medium, respectively, partnered up to launch “SOULutions Psychic and Healing Fairs??? in the New Haven area has now made them not self-respecting in your eyes since, they are both of Cherokee ancestry.  In other words, what type of racist drivel are you driving at?

EducatedIndian made a notation about supposed pipe carriers.  But failed to illustrate that they do exist.  Even the american government has information about pipe carries.  For example, a Native American man known as "Shields." has his picture on the U.S. Geological Survey website.  He served as the pipe carrier, healer, or medicine man for the Crow Creek Reservation.  There are also links to other Cherokee's such as Mahir Abdal-Razzaaq El who is a Cherokee Blackfoot American Indian who is Muslim. He is known as Eagle Sun Walker and he serves as a Pipe Carrier Warrior for the Northeastern Band of Cherokee Indians in New York City.

Now onto the issue of Celtic and Native American lineage.
The link below is to the Avalon College in Minnesota.  While they are not accredited (which pagan school will ever be accredited) they teach Druidry and in particular, this course below:
Crystal Divination taught by:
Tsis’detsi Tsigoti. Born of Native American and Celtic blood, Tsis’detsi Tsigoti has studied esoteric arts with both Cherokee and Druid medicine people and elders.? ?  Her life experience has given her extensive knowledge of the healing arts including aroma crystal massage, spiritual nutrition, meditation as medicine, crystal divination, and earth astrology.?  A natural stone talker, Tsis’detsi Tsigoti has nearly two decades experience with psychic clubs and mind body spirit festivals working as a medium, spiritual advisory, and crystal counselor. Tsis’detsi Tsigoti currently lives in the United States, where she works as an intuitive healer and astrologer, and teaches crystal divination and meditation.

I suppose she is fake also since apparently, according to some people, Druids are dead and exterminated by those pesky Romans.  Click on the link below for more on this college and class.
http://www.avaloncollege.org/

Finally, you should state an informed opinion, not uninformed drivel and racsist garbage.  If anyone has an informed opinion you are welcome to reply.  Thank you.

Offline LisaBowe

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2006, 05:03:15 pm »

****Never said Cherokee Tarot. ? The literature clearly states that it is a hand painted tarot. ? The Spirit Stones are Cherokee. ? Moreover, before you jump on those, I have seen similar stones used on the reservation in Colorado.
 ?

Uh, yeah. You saw Cherokee "Spirit Stones" being used on a Cherokee reservation in Colorado? Don't think so, sorry.

****Never said "Cherokee Spirit Stones". ? I said similar stones used for divination. ? Not exactly the same but obviously using stones in divination is not without p residence. ?  ?

(Editor's note: It  was Puchara who said "Cherokee spirit stone". Raven also witnessed DSS using these stones, labeled as Cherokee, in one of his phony readings where she challenged him.)

quote author=piya link=1142452532/0#14 date=1144479728]
I do begin to wonder why so many of these people are Irish-Cherokee? ? Why Irish?

****Can’t tell you, maybe because there are many people of Irish decent here? ? Maybe the Irish like the look of “Native American??? women? ? How many people do you know with Celtic blood? ? I know a ton, including myself (yes, my grandfather’s family is from County Kerry, ? my mom was part Irish so if I want it, it’s mine too!).

"Your mom was part Irish" ? which part, left leg, right foot

"so if I want it, its mine too.". ? So you can qualify for a CDIB card. Certified Degree of Irish Blood.

/quote]

****If you looked at the original post, which no one here seem to care about, the sole reason for questioning this man originally was his appearance. ? Does no one care that this was the original accusation? ?

(Editor's note: Actually that was only one of the questions originally brought up, which the members of NAFPS dismissed as not decisive proof either way.  It was DSS's claims which are obviously false which most NAFPS members focused on. Apparently Miss Bowe needs to work on her reading skills.)
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by educatedindian »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2006, 05:33:49 pm »
Puchara,

"yes it takes a tramatic experience or hardship to become a "Shaman"

In Cherokee tradition? Hardly. And at 7 years old? Nonsense.

"Does being declared legally dead qualify for you?"

Nope, sorry, it does not. Only in Nuage fantasies, or perhaps in this case, in the fantasies of pagans who are falling for Nuage ideas.

"I have particiaped in pipe cermonies with this man and know other medicine men and pipe "carriers" as you called them."

Then you've been taken in by frauds. NDNs don't have "pipe carriers." That's a Nuage term used by frauds.

"And as far as making a buck....Sorry he has to make a living."

Then let him get a real job. Making a buck off of a bastardized obviously false version of Cherokee beliefs is incredibly offensive and unspiritual.

"I have watched this man be attacked by an ex-girlfriend to the point of getting him fired from the place he worked.  That was after a 9 month relationship almost 3 years ago.  And she is still at it."

That woman is not here as far as I know, so it's irrelevant.

"This feels like another attack."

Learn the difference between attack and criticism. Attacking is what you are doing, getting angry indiscriminately, without knowing what you are talking about.

But we know what we are talking about, so kindly quit lecturing us with your words which essentially say, "You dumb NDNs! Let us explain what your beliefs TRULY are!"

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2006, 05:46:23 pm »
Isabella,
It took about three reads of your post to understand what the heck you were talking about. And much of it still makes no sense. Try using full sentences and punctuation correctly. Better yet, try simply being coherent.

Once again, it seems that "Spellsinger" (someone find out his actual name so we can quit using his twinkie fraud name) and his followers are in the middle of some kind of witchwar that they falsely assume we have a part in.

Let me make it clear, yet again: As far as I know his girlfriend is not here. And the previous follower of DSS said that the original questioner was not her.

"All of what these hateful people did is called slander......and guess what, it is against  the law.   So, we will be talking to a lawyer and we WILL press charges."

Like Barnaby pointed out, you might want to get a lawyer who knows the law better than any of you. Nothing on here is remotely close to either libel or slander.

We get empty threats of lawsuits constantly. They've all turned out to be feeble attempts to intimidate or silence, and they've never worked.

Offline Brighidsjustice

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2006, 06:12:29 pm »
Please note, there is no reason for anyone to be emailing me personally about this man or this thread.

Thank you.
Hmmm...So you're positive his ex-girlfriend was the original poster. ? Or one of her "minions"? No offense dear, but the dear boy has other enemies. ? You might want to look elsewhere. ? And her talk was supposed to be on runes, but wound up being on crystals? ? Well...she must be a very talented psychic to have known that you and her ex's current "lady" would be in attendance. ? Or how else would she have known to have brought all of those crystals for everyone? ? Or could
it be that there was a mix-up on what the topic was supposed to have been? ? I hear those kinds of things happen...

Now I'm not saying David isn't talented. ? There has been no proof given that David isn't everything he says he is. ? But your attacks actually hurt your cause. ? Blindly lashing out in anger makes your defense  weak and ineffective. ? The best defense are the facts. ? I loved Lisa Bowe's post. ? That rocked. ? But Isabellarose? ? The origianal post naming David as a fraud seemed very knowledgeable, but very unemotional. ? Like I said before, I'm not saying David isn't talented, but he does have other people who don't really care for him out there other than ex-girlfriends. ? He knows who I'm talking about. ? It's just a thought. ?

But people with talent always have enemies. ? It's how you deal with it that tells what kind of character you have.   So, tell me...why were were you at David's ex's class, anyway?  hmmmm?

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2006, 06:20:49 pm »
Miss Bowe,

"I'm amazed at the level of unresearched opinions that are flowing on this site. If you plan to post on these websites, it is important to have an informed opinion."

Are you talking about yourself? Because this forum is largely made up of Native people, and includes Native traditional storytellers, scholars, and members of band government.

We know our history and our traditions, and it is ignorant, offensive, arrogant, downright racist, and just plain rude of you and the other followers of so called "Spellsinger" to, esentially, barge in here and shout:
"Hey you dumb Indians, we Super Wise White Pagans will tell the Real Truth about what your traditions actually are!"

"I haven't seen one shred of "evidence"

Then you need help with your reading skills. Cherokees and other Natives have repeatedly told you that none of what DSS falsely claims as Cherokee traditions actually are.

"You cannot simply attack people on the Internet and hide behind screen names and expect not to be accountable."

Once again, are you talking about yourself and the other followers of DSS? Kindly look up "projection" in a book on psychology.

"Basically, this site is nothing more than a place to post animosity and bare false witness"

Once again, you need help with your reading skills.

Try reading any of the more than HALF DOZEN informational posts such as Our Purpose, Who We Are, All New People Must Read, etc, before you make a fool of yourself, yet again.

"I noticed some snide commentary, from one of the administrators no less, about “Cherokee Spirit Stones??? not being in Colorado....The intelligent person would have noticed that nowhere does it state “Cherokee??? when referring to “the reservation???.

Actually an intelligent person would have known better than to falsely imply very strongly, as Puchara did, that there was a Cherokee reservation in Colorado, or that Cherokee elders would have used their stones on a Colorado reservation.

"According to factually documented history. The Cherokee Indians in 1849-50 trailed through these areas giving birth to what is called today the, “Cherokee Trail??? in Colorado."

Irrelevant. That has nothing to do with whether any Cherokee elders are on Ute rezzes using stones.

"the Cherokee Indians trekked right through the Ute territory. Thus, it is not improbable that they would have traded secrets and possibly relations."

"Traded secrets"? You've been reading too many Nuage books, ones with patently racist premises.

"Most Indian traditions are passed word of mouth only."

Gee, thank you, Oh Great White Father/Mother/etc. None of us Dumb Indians have ever heard a thing about oral tradition. I'm sure we scratched our heads when we heard you say the phrase.
(Sarcasm dripping, gotta point it out for the denser people such as yourself.)

How utterly condescending and racist you are to lecture Native people about their own traditions.

"Ted Silverhand (Pawnee) is more credible because he's not Cherokee and attends Psychic Fairs"

Silverhand is Tuscarora. And he's widely regarded as a Nuage fraud.

"Also, I suppose that when Jacqueline Glen and Lori-Ann Locke, a Reiki practitioner and a medium, respectively, partnered up to launch “SOULutions Psychic and Healing Fairs??? in the New Haven area has now made them not self-respecting in your eyes since, they are both of Cherokee ancestry."

Absolutely they are frauds. Having distant (and in most cases, inventing, imagining, or falsely claiming) Cherokee ancestry does make them any less of a fraud.

"In other words, what type of racist drivel are you driving at?"

Actually you yourself are making a racist argument, ironically against whites. You're claiming that having any Indian ancestry makes it impossible for someone to be a fraud.
You've been racist in your posts before a number of times, so it's no surprise.

"There are also links to other Cherokee's such as Mahir Abdal-Razzaaq El who is a Cherokee Blackfoot American Indian who is Muslim. He is known as Eagle Sun Walker and he serves as a Pipe Carrier Warrior for the Northeastern Band of Cherokee Indians in New York City."

Oh boy, have you ever fallen for one fraud after another.

No such thing as "Cherokee Blackfoot".
Mahir is an extremely obvious fraud, and so is his "band" of wannabees. One of our members who is both Native and Muslim wrote up this warning on him. Not only is what he's claiming false and offensive to Natives, it's false and offensive to Muslims as well.
http://users.pandora.be/gohiyuhi/nafps/articles/art32.htm

"Tsis’detsi Tsigoti. Born of Native American and Celtic blood, Tsis’detsi Tsigoti has studied esoteric arts with both Cherokee and Druid medicine people and elders."

Cherokees don't call their traditions "esoteric arts". That's from Europe.

"A natural stone talker, Tsis’detsi Tsigoti has nearly two decades experience with psychic clubs and mind body spirit festivals working as a medium, spiritual advisory, and crystal counselor. Tsis’detsi Tsigoti currently lives in the United States, where she works as an intuitive healer and astrologer, and teaches crystal divination and meditation.
I suppose she is fake also"

As a three dollar bill, which, no doubt, she would jump at the chance to buy and sell if she could, or con people into accepting as real along with nonsense like astrology.
Deal with it.
Accept it.
The Native people here know our own traditions.
All you know is the lies you've been fed by people out for your money.
For you and all the other followers of DSS, please take the time to read the warnings we've researched put out before you get taken advatange of, yet again.

So He Claims to Be a "Pipe Carrier"
http://users.pandora.be/gohiyuhi/nafps/articles/art23.htm

Ten Signs They Are Nuage Frauds and NOT Real Native Medicine People
http://users.pandora.be/gohiyuhi/nafps/articles/art23.htm

Do You Think You Are "Indian At Heart"?
http://www.newagefraud.org

Offline child of sekh

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2006, 06:22:14 pm »
Ok, I will openly admit as to why I am here.  I am here to forward a reply from the actual man being accused.  See, nothing that has ever been posted about David Spellsinger on the Internet is actually from David Spellsinger.  The man himself does not have Internet access.  Yes, he has asked others to put his name on witchvox so those who are looking for him can more easily find him.  That required a free email address, also set up by another person, and check by myself, where I simply instruct people to contact him directly via phone.  Without the network of friends he has, this on line degradation of his character would continue unchecked.  I hope that this list does hold itself to some sort of standard of proof.  That they care at all about facts and research and not just bias opinion stated behind a hidden veil of a on line name.   After reading the original posts, this is the response of David:

I am what I am, nothing more, nothing less.  I am not a “Cherokee???, I am an Irish-Cherokee.  A man of mixed blood, of that I am guilty.  Do I mix traditions . . . yes.  My blood is mixed, would you have me drain the Irish Blood from veins to leave only the pure Cherokee Blood?  I have never claim to be a representative of a specific tribe or clan.  I have simply claimed my linage and the blood of my grandparents in relation to the traditions they taught me.

I am 49 years of age and I have walked the very painful path of healer and seer since that is what Spirit would have of me.  As far as I know, Spirit does not care if I am called a shaman or just a man as long as I do what I can to walk my path.

I have suffered numerous diseases to the brink of death.  I have wandered the country homeless and penniless for seasons at a time. Now you can add this gossip and slander to the list of my many initiations.  But to tell the truth I donor really mind being examined.  There are far too many frauds out there and if we don't investigate them, no one will be safe from them.  However, if you are going to investigate, then INVESTIGATE.  Do not just snip and clip unrelated posts and advertisements then present them out of context.

No one even seems to know my given legal name, which proves no one has bothered to actually question me or truly research my background.

My Grandmother (on my mother's side) was Maggie Running Fox Shoptaugh.  She felt that Spirit had chosen to initiate me when I was pronounced legally dead of scarlet fever at age 7.  It was at that age that she chose to initiate me into “her??? tradition.  I merely started my training at 7.  I didn't become anything, much less a “Shaman???.

Over the years people have insisted on calling me a Shaman.  (My Grandfather called me Adawehiyu which my Grandmother said it meant magician.)  After researching the meaning of the word “Shaman??? I found that is described what my Grandmother did for her 99 years and what I myself do today.  So I eventually gave in and accepted the term.

Maggie Running Fox Shoptaugh was know in the Ozark Mountains as a seer and a healer.  Her mother was of the Ani-Waya clan of the Cherokee out of North Carolina.  Her father was an ex- Priest of the Culdee Sect in Ireland (inserted reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culdee).   Grandmother told me that it was her mother and father that first had the idea to combine not only their Irish and Cherokee blood through her, but the two traditions as well.  So my Grandmother called herself “Irish-Cherokee??? and taught me the sacred ways of both people side by side.

I know some Black-Cherokee, Scott-Cherokee, and not to mention a few Irish-Cherokee people that are probably very insulted by the half-breed bashing that I feel has been going on here.  Not to mention the witch bashing and psychic reader bashing.

It is nothing new though.  When my Great-Grandparents tried to establish an integrated Irish and Cherokee Church back around 1921, the local KKK burned it to the ground.

My Grandfather also on my mother's side, Frank Fishing Bear Shoptaugh, was a full blood Cherokee Uku of the Ani-Wodi Clan raised on a “rez??? in Muskogee, Oklahoma.  He not only loved my Grandmother but he greatly respected her integrated traditions.  He especially praised her as a seer and told me himself that it was a rare and dying tradition of reading the stones that she carried on.

The 49 stones that she passed on to me were simple tumbled gemstones like the kind used in jewelery making.  She explained that any kind of stone at all could be used as long as you named them properly.  One lady who lived on a “rez??? in Oklahoma used river rocks, my Grandmother just preferred more colorful stones.  They aren't actually called “Cherokee Spirit Stones???, they are properly know as “Tsalagi Ulunsu Nunahe???.  As with the Shaman title, people kept calling them spirit stones.  Since I am not anal retentive about what you call something it just sortive stuck.  I would rather refer to the stones in terms people can understand than to be so arrogant as to correct them constantly requiring them to use a term they can not even pronounce.

I never claimed to be a pipe bearer of the Cherokee people.  I was give a sacred pipe while I was in O'Claire, WI visiting with an Ojibwa friend, Earl Larousse.  The pipe I was given is the sacred red pipe stone with a single stem.  I studied pipe ceremony with Gun Hollingsworth, who is the pipe bearer of the Mohegan tribe.  Also, I have shared my pipe with elders such as Jim Gillahan, Buster Yellow-Kidneys, and Henry Smoke.  I am humbled by these men and honored to have sat in circle with them but I do not claim to be anything near what whey are.  But, neither have they denounced me or called me a fraud.

I do not milk people out of their money.  I have done far more readings and healings for free than I have ever charged for and I NEVER charge for ceremony or prayers.  When I work at stores and events such as the 1998 event listed in the Monthly Aspectarian I am subject to the policies and rules of the facilitators.  And my rates have always been bellow or comparable to most readers and healers.  I have also willingly accepted trade in forms other than money.  But let's face it people, money is the new barter.  No medicine man ever turned down a chicken in a stew pot or a little manual labor such as a patched roof in trade for his services.  In today's world money is easier and I have never been anything but poor.  I cannot afford health insurance, I've often gone hungry, I've worn the same pair of shoes for  three years now, and my average monthly income is less than $500.  I am hardly a swindler or a profiteer.

No one has ever said what I do is fraudulent or a pile of sh**t to my face.  Only in a cowardly way behind my back.  If anyone has any accusations to make, make them in an honorable way . . . face to face.  I promise to be fair, reasonable, and extremely peaceful, that has always been my way.  I am sure a forum can be arranged.  As you know, I am not on line so ripping apart this post here only further hides you from me.  My phone number was posted, if you have a response please contact me.

Sincerely,
David

TrishaRoseJacobs

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2006, 06:36:41 pm »
This is
I noticed some snide commentary, from one of the administrators no less, about “Cherokee Spirit Stones??? not being in Colorado. ? Ha ha joke joke. ? Being an administrator you should have correctly read the previous post, which stated, and I quote (and so did you), “The Spirit Stones are Cherokee. ? Moreover, before you jump on those, I have seen similar stones used on the reservation in Colorado.???

Note: The intelligent person would have noticed that nowhere does it state “Cherokee??? when referring to “the reservation???. ? The statement indicates that there are similar stones in Colorado, not, that they are Cherokee stones. ? There are sites in Colorado that deal with crystal and stone totems and invoke the name spirit. ? Here are a couple of examples:
http://www.quantumalchemy.com/crystals.htm
The ISIS Metaphysical Center in Denver, CO has Spirit Stones. ? You can call them at 706-561-7844.

Now, let's explore how Cherokee and Colorado are related. ? Below are a couple of official reservations in Colorado:
Southern Ute Indian Tribe of the Southern Ute Reservation
Ute Mountain Tribe of the Ute Mountain Reservation

According to factually documented history. ? The Cherokee Indians in 1849-50 trailed through these areas giving birth to what is called today the, “Cherokee Trail??? in Colorado. ? Use the links below for more information..
http://www.geocities.com/peaker59/history.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherokee
Now, why is this important? ? Because the Cherokee Indians trekked right through the Ute territory. ? Thus, it is not improbable that they would have traded secrets and possibly relations.

Finally, you should state an informed opinion, not uninformed drivel and racsist garbage. ? If anyone has an informed opinion you are welcome to reply. ? Thank you.

Well, here is my informed opinion which I'm sorry wasn't clear enough for you or the other "lady" the first time around:

It doesn't matter in the least what she *thinks* she saw on a reservation in Colorado (note: a careful reading of what I wrote would have clued into the fact that I wasn't disputing that there *are* reservations) - that she thinks she saw something someplace else doesn't mean that it has anything to do with Cherokee people. If it wasn't something she saw Cherokee people doing in a Cherokee community (and not one that some *may* have passed through at some point in the distant past) - then it's not support for her argument.

While you're at it, show me some factually documented history that the Cherokee who passed through there were still culturaly Cherokee in the sense that they would have used adawahi or gone to water - and not Christians who had accepted and adapted to most of the things that were introduced by Europeans.

So next time you post - please, don't bother to do so either in defense of drivel or with your own brand of drivel in return.

;)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2006, 07:04:07 pm »
"Do I mix traditions . . . yes. ? My blood is mixed, would you have me drain the Irish Blood from veins to leave only the pure Cherokee Blood?"

Nonsense. I'm mixedblood, and so are many others here. We know better than to mix traditions which our elders say should not be, and esp not to falsely claim things as Native which are not.

"I have never claim to be a representative of a specific tribe or clan."

And yet he uses his claimed Cherokee ancestry as a drawing point, including a ludicrous claim of "initiation" at age 7.

"I have suffered numerous diseases to the brink of death. ? I have wandered the country homeless and penniless for seasons at a time."

Anyone else hear violins? Usually when they try to run a tearjerking story past you, it's because they want you to shut off your brain.

"Now you can add this gossip and slander to the list of my many initiations."

Poor you, all you have is cash and devoted followers who will do the attacking for you to comfort you.

"I know some Black-Cherokee, Scott-Cherokee, and not to mention a few Irish-Cherokee people that are probably very insulted by the half-breed bashing that I feel has been going on here."

Wait a minute, I thought you had no net access. Either you're lying, or your followers are lying about what they saw.

"Not to mention the witch bashing"

Yep, more lying.

"and psychic reader bashing."

Change that to "con artist bashing." ?

"I never claimed to be a pipe bearer of the Cherokee people."

Your followers claim differently.

"I studied pipe ceremony with Gun Hollingsworth, who is the pipe bearer of the Mohegan tribe."

A Cherokee Druid being taught by a Mohegan? Sure....

"Also, I have shared my pipe with elders such as Jim Gillahan, Buster Yellow-Kidneys, and Henry Smoke. ? I am humbled by these men and honored to have sat in circle with them but I do not claim to be anything near what whey are. ? But, neither have they denounced me or called me a fraud."

Do they know you have "Druid" followers who try to shout down any critics and spout racism? Do they know you mix and match traditions, or that you use their names to appear more legit?

"When I work at stores and events such as the 1998 event listed in the Monthly Aspectarian I am subject to the policies and rules of the facilitators. ? And my rates have always been bellow or comparable to most readers and healers."

In other words, your defense is you make a buck, but not a lot.

"If anyone has any accusations to make, make them in an honorable way . . . face to face."

You'rew welcome to come here. Let's clear this up.

"I am sure a forum can be arranged."

Once again, come on here.
 ?
"I am not on line so ripping apart this post here only further hides you from me."

More of the "I'm too spirchul for this" defense.

"My phone number was posted"

I don't think it was, we tend to try and avoid people posting numbers.

Ironic thing is, without his blind followers coming in here we would not have devoted more time to this and found out the bizarre information in the next post.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2006, 07:41:24 pm »
Almost forgot this: Seems his legal name is David Hobgood (unless there is someone else out there using the name David Spellsinger. That, I doubt, since his yahoo profile says he is a martial arts master AND psychic reader and both lived in Whiting IN).  

Here he is folks, the Kung Fu Fighting Cherokee Druid Psychic Healer!

http://shaolinartsofwisdom.com/
"After coming to America, Master Li joined forces with Sifu David (Spellsinger) Hobgood, and in 1978 the two men opened a new school based on the original School - Temple of the Ultimate Dragon.  Master  
Hobgood carries on as the successor to that tradition today as our Chief Instructor.  
In our School we have a motto: "Three Schools, One Fist".  The saying refers to the fact that we  
train in all three categories of Kung Fu of Chinese boxing: Temple Boxing, External boxing and  
Internal Boxing.  
Master David Spellsinger Hobgood is a living example of what he teaches.  He is skillful,  
knowledgeable and with over 36 years of experience"

So how would that 36 years of martial arts training fit with the claim of wandering the country as a healer since age 7?

Seems he likes to make unlikely claims.
http://shaolinartsofwisdom.com/About_us.html
"Master Hobgood’s first Kwoon (martial arts school) “Tai Lung Gung Fu Institute???, was established in Evansville  Indiana in 1973.  The original goal of our American Kung Fu school was to offer reality based self-defense. Inspired by Bruce Lee's J.K.D. (Jeet Kuen Do) concept, Sifu Hobgood tested every technique and training method through real life combat situations. He accomplished this through his sideline as a Personal Bodyguard and as Chief of Security at one of Indiana's largest nightclubs. He also engaged in countless hours of no holds barred and or full contact fighting. Add to this over thirteen experiences in actual street self-defense situations (attempted muggings etc.) and you can understand why Sifu Hobgood is so confident that he knows what really works."

Could we have another Harley Reagan in the making? His claims are all over the place. He's claiming to be suffering from illness, homeless, training in martial arts, working as a bodyguard, surviving 13 muggings, and giving pyschic readings all at the same time.
So his claim of poverty strikes me as nonsense too. Apparently he has enough money to run a martial arts school.

And I'm not sure what to make of it, but there's at least half a dozen messages from one or more people on martial arts boards looking for Hobgood.

Offline Pulchara

• Life is something to be lived not talked about
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2006, 07:51:26 pm »
Brighidsjustice
So, lets see, you were there huh?  Geeze, learn to use your actual name......Lisa Helmuth is mine?  And your is????  I never said anything about who I was with........or that she passed out crystals, see you were there but you are so afraid to face me or David with all of this.  Everyone here can rip us to shreds......I dont really care.  I have a great life, somthing you apparently dont.  YOur so smart....?? Yes, everyone does have enemies, but I am willing to face mine face to face.  But the funny part about that, is that I dont know them lol....they have to hide behind words on a computer.  You know where I am ,  lets chat..........lol.