Author Topic: Fraud Alert/New Website  (Read 13736 times)

Offline Dragonessa

Fraud Alert/New Website
« on: December 27, 2005, 06:51:20 pm »
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post.  My name is Dragonessa and I am here to announce a new website that seeks to expose the anti-Indian racism of Tamarack Song and his Teaching Drum Outdoor School.  Our site is called As The Teaching Drum Turns.

Please check it out at www.astheteachingdrumturns.blogspot.com

We encourage and welcome your comments.

Thank you so much.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Fraud Alert/New Website
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 09:32:57 pm »
A big welcome. I just checked out your site after Debbie posted a link to you on one of our yahoo groups. I'm pretty impressed, and there are parts of the site where I laughed at how you tore the guy apart. Thanks for linking to us.

Offline Dragonessa

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 05:50:50 pm »
So glad to be here!  And I am looking forward to reading through everything on your forum to get up to speed on all the fine work you all have been doing.

Yes, Tamarack makes for a fairly easy takedown.  One is tempted to dismiss him as a crazy crank, but his anti-Indian racism is all too common, especially here in Denver.  Open any day's Rocky Mountain News, and you will see much the same mentality without all the New Age puffery.  Some folks over at www.tryworks.blogspot.com are doing a fine job of exposing and ridiculing the numbskulls who try to pass themselves off as journalists in our area.

A question:  May I post your guidelines that explain the difference between New Age frauds and Native Traditionalists on our blog's main page? They really are very helpful, especially for those of us who had not a clue about the difference for far too long.

Offline Dragonessa

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 07:08:07 pm »

I just posted one of Tamarack Song's recent writings about how he conducts sweat lodges at www.astheteachingdrumturns.blogspot.com.  The post is dated December 29, 2005.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 12:40:07 am »
You or anyone else are welcome to repost, link to, or quote from any of the articles or warnings weve written up. Same goes for anything that I say in this forum, but for other members please get their permission first.

Offline Dragonessa

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 02:23:00 am »
Thanks so much, AC.  The principles have just been posted to the site.

By the way, we are having a "caption this photo" contest if you would like to come over and leave a really, really humourous/sarcastic/vicious/excoriating/and-or ribald remark for our blog's favorite Northwoods twinkie!

The photo is here:  http://tinyurl.com/agwx9

Offline Dragonessa

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 01:33:41 am »
Some of Tamarack Song's Nuage writings on Dodems has been posted to www.astheteachingdrumturns.blogspot.com for 1.23.06.

While his Nuage ramblings are obviously inane, I would like to know if there is really such a thing as a "Dodem".

Does it derive from the word "Totem"?

Thanks.

D.