Author Topic: Plastics go mainstream?  (Read 9661 times)

Plastics go mainstream?
« on: November 19, 2005, 08:19:32 pm »
I haven't read Indian Country Today in awhile, but just today as I was browsing the site I couldn't help but notice and advertisement on their site for http://www.blackindianinn.com/

Don't they "reserve the right", or are they that desperate for money?

Offline Vance_Hawkins

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Plastics go mainstream?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 03:45:39 pm »
They call themselves Black-Cherokee and are related to some "Ywahoo D" something person, and are in Boston.

Sage (Sachet of 227 grammes) 54.00, I guess the unit is dollars -- they just say 54! is on their webpage.

Liquid is spelled "liquide" in their website and Gram is spelled gramme. Is that an English spelling? I don't know. I don't know of many English Cherokee who are Black and live in Boston.

What's a "sachet"?

they say --

BLUE EAGLE'S INVOCATION
Many people use liquid smudge by putting a drop on both palms and bringing them around the body without touching.Thus it will help with relaxation, concentration, work, healing, meditation and to purify ones energies, house, objects and to help transform ones mental or emotional state This product is available in 2 ml (0,06US fl. oz) clear perfume vials, and in 10 ml (0,338 US fl. oz), and 30 ml (1 US fl. oz), forest green dropper bottles. In a beautiful packaging INVOCATION, the first Native American Liquid Smudge, is offered to you today.

Sage
Sage is the most masculine of these in incenses. It's a powerful purifier. To burn, put several leaves in the center of the shell and light, preferably with a wooden match. Fan with a feather to put out the flame and activate smoldering.

Cedar
Cedar, also known to Native Americans as the great tree of peace, has a perfect balance of masculine and feminine polarities. To burn the cedar powder, put a pinch of cedar in the center of the shell, pressing with thumb and 2 fingers to form a 3 sided pyramidal shape.Light the tip of this pyramid, and allow it to go out .It will then smolder with fragrant smoke.To promote peace offer the smoke to the four directions and say a prayer

Sweet grass
Sweet Grass is the most feminine of these incenses. It is used to attract good and beneficial energies. To burn sweet grass spread the blades at one end, and light, preferably with a wooden match.Then sway the braid to keep the sweet grass smoldering.Cutting a little and mixing with the other Native American incenses is also a good way for burning sweet grass.

Juniper
Juniper is used for remembering dreams and purifying the sleeping space. To burn the juniper powder, put a pinch of juniper in the center of the shell, pressing with thumb and 2 fingers to form a 3 sided pyramidal shape.Light the tip of this pyramid, and allow it to go out .It will then smolder with fragrant smoke. Bring the shell around the bed and sleeping space.

THE SMUDGING BUNDLE
The smudging bundle contains one braid of sweet grass, one abalone shell, and one bag each of juniper, sage and cedar.The client will save 5$ on the total price, if each item was bought separately.

Mini-Smudging Bundle
Smudging was Traditionally used by Native American people to purify places, people and events. Contains: Abalone shell, sage sample, cedar, juniper and sweet grass.

====================

When I was a kid I remember watching "Gunsmoke" with Mat Dillon, Festus, Miss Kitty, Doc,  et cetera. Once in a while someone rode into Dodge selling snake oil -- Maybe they ought to start selling it at the Black Indian Inn, too . . . towns people of Dodge ate it up, I bet Bostonians would too.

If I remember it right Ol' Doc Adams "laudnum" worked better tho. I always wondered what that was . . .

vance