Author Topic: David Two Wolves Smith  (Read 9654 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
David Two Wolves Smith
« on: April 07, 2011, 04:59:18 pm »
Thought we had a thread on him but a search shows we don't. On another thread Spisak/Goodfire discussed a former associate, Susan Ferraro. Spisak says Ferraro left his group in order to be with Smith.

Here's what's online about Smith. Convicted of dozens of counts of abusing minors, all while posing as a medicine man. So he goes straight under Frauds. According to Spisak, Smith claims he was set up by AIM members. Nonsense.

----------
http://topcat4.tripod.com/jimlette.htm
Fake Medicine man Jailed, charged again with felony, 45 counts of sexual misconduct alleged
By David Melmer
Indian Country Today

LUZERNE COUNTY, Penn.-
David "Two Wolves" Smith, was sent to jail for violation of parole after sexual misconduct with a minor. Mr. Smith, who claimed to be of American Indian descent, conducted a phony purification ceremony during which he fondled a minor female. He said he may have made a mistake in telling her to wear a swimsuit and that he held her to console her a little longer than he should. While on probation from the earlier conviction, he struck again and faces 45 counts of sexual misconduct, and warrants were issued for his arrest. Bradford County District Attorney's office charged Mr. Smith with 30 counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, 10 counts of sexual assault, both felonies; four counts of indecent assault and one count of corruption of minors, both misdemeanors.

In Luzerne County he was accused of violating his probation between December 15, 1995 and January 31, 1996, However, the full battery of charges coining from Bradford County state the offenses occurred over a three and one-half year period with a 12-year-old girl. Mr. Smith headed the "Eastern Intertribal Alliance," a group of people that practiced American Indian type religious ceremonies. No official tribe has recognized Mr. Smith as a member, but he claims to be part Lakota. He has also on occasion, claimed Eastern Delaware, which the federally tribe officially denies. Mr. Smith is not a member of a federally recognized tribe, although the state prison system of Pennsylvania allowed him to carry eagle feathers in the prisons to counsel and pray with the American Indian inmates. The state system has rejected legitimate federally recognized spiritual leaders and has kept them from entering the prison in the past. Mr. Smith admits to receiving $30 per hour to counsel and conduct ceremonies in the prisons. "I'm not a threat to society or to any human being," Mr. Smith said tearfully, as Senior Judge Gifford Capellini revoked Mr. Smith's probation and ordered him to jail. "I thought I was going home, and now they say I did these things,"Mr. Smith said. As judge Capellini removed probation he said, "Probation is not an appropriate sentence for you." While Mr. Smith claimed he was not a threat to society or any human being, he was being charged with 45 more counts of sexual misconduct. Mr. Smith was ordered to undergo psychological evaluation and attend sexual counseling. He is prohibited from having contact with a minor outside of the presence of a responsible adult.

-----------
http://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us/OffenderDetail.aspx?OffenderId=15660
DAVID DONALD SMITH
Offender Type :  Lifetime Offender
Registration Start Date : 04/12/10
Last Updated Date : 04/05/11
Primary Offense :  3123 - INVOLUNTARY DEVIATE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE

Physical Description
Year of Birth Gender Race Height  Weight Eye Color Hair Color
1956 MALE AMERICAN INDIAN OR ALASKAN NATIVE 5'9" 180 BROWN BROWN

Scars/Marks/Tattoos
Type Location Description

No Scars, Marks or Tattoos reported.

---------

Brief mention.
http://books.google.com/books?id=PUnu_8vpRIMC&pg=PA130&lpg=PA130&dq=%22david+two+wolves+smith&source=bl&ots=lBU840UYHK&sig=QCSbqEq5zGqplOO3x51u775Eib4&hl=en&ei=W-ydTf_iIuPh0QGE3I3bBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CBkQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=%22david%20two%20wolves%20smith&f=false

There's also more on the group he founded, Eastern Intertribal Alliance of Native Americans, in the thread on the Tallige Cherokee.

Offline hawkgoodfire

• Buffalo Messengers
Re: David Two Wolves Smith
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 12:54:23 pm »
Thought we had a thread on him but a search shows we don't. On another thread Spisak/Goodfire discussed a former associate, Susan Ferraro. Spisak says Ferraro left his group in order to be with Smith.

Here's what's online about Smith. Convicted of dozens of counts of abusing minors, all while posing as a medicine man. So he goes straight under Frauds. According to Spisak, Smith claims he was set up by AIM members. Nonsense.

That should read: "according to Ferraro"

And could we please stop referring to me by my fathers name? I gave that up years ago. Yes, my legal name is Michael Spisak. However, this isnt a legal proceeding, is it? My real name is "hawk". Confirmed thru ceremony, on Pine Ridge at Sundance. With the feathers and the moccasins and the spirit food and the prayer offerings and the give away. The whole nine yards of naming ceremony. Its been "hawk" or a derivative of "hawk" for over twenty years now. Goodfire is a nickname, used only because everyone asks, "what your last name".

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 01:09:41 pm by hawkgoodfire »

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 04:19:34 pm »
Usually names we are given in ceremony are used only in ceremony!

Offline hawkgoodfire

• Buffalo Messengers
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 04:46:50 pm »

that would appear to be a "pan Indian" concept. What happens in one does mean means it happens in all. And dont go making this thread about me, it isnt. Maybe, just once, it can stay on topic. And I aint the damn topic. Moderator, do your damn job. I am sick to death of having my name associated with known charlatans and predators.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 04:53:47 pm by hawkgoodfire »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 07:24:14 pm »
You have a knack for making any thread you comment on all about you. We didn't try to make this thread so, you did. You brought up topics publicly most people realize they'd have been better off asking us by IM.

The only source I have for saying Ferraro is involved with Smith is you. She won't comment. So no correction is needed.

And yes, your legal name is Spisak, so we'll call you by that. We have no idea of the circumstances of your alleged Indian name other than your account. None of us here are part of the group that calls you Goodfire, so why should we? For that matter why be reluctant to have your father's name?

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 08:47:44 pm »

that would appear to be a "pan Indian" concept. What happens in one does mean means it happens in all. And dont go making this thread about me, it isnt. Maybe, just once, it can stay on topic. And I aint the damn topic. Moderator, do your damn job. I am sick to death of having my name associated with known charlatans and predators.

Who told you it was a pan-indian thing?? strangest thing I ever heard of. A whiteman's name is alway his name so you are Spisak we have many people who have been given a name in ceremony they dont go and have it change legally! It is a name between you and god and for the dead to know you DUH!
That is what happens when these people come into our culture; they corrupted our ways, make new rules and dont know what they are talking about like theif in the night. Maybe if you are really sick to death of being associated charlatan and predators you will stop whay you are doing and really pray for yourselves to find balance.
In Spirit