Author Topic: Rainbow Gathering in Black Hills  (Read 58660 times)

Offline browndiasporia

Rainbow Gathering in Black Hills
« on: June 08, 2015, 09:48:51 pm »
Hello folks I was not sure where to post this but I have recently learned some pretty bad news as I see it, so this years rainbow gathering is being talked about being In the black hills of South Dakota, I don't know who is responsible for finding/ deciding on a place but unfortunately South Dakota is being talked about as being the place it is going to happen, what are you thoughts on this and is there anything that can be done so this terrible thing does not happen in these lands? Thank you! And I really hope this doesn't happen!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 03:52:51 pm by educatedindian »

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Re: Rainbow gathering
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 11:37:21 am »
YUP SEEN IT IN THE PAPER HERE, SHAKING HER HEAD WONDERING WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE
In Spirit

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 04:22:46 pm »
Has anyone organized a protest?   ;)  ;D

Diana

Offline browndiasporia

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 04:53:51 am »
here is some info on their "council" and more bullshit

http://midwestornewenglandgathering2015.blogspot.com/2015/06/black-hills-rainbow-gathering-and-lakota.html

and yes please let there be a protest.

Offline Laurel

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 08:47:04 am »
What a bunch of self-justifying crap.

Not taking your huge, resources-straining, polluting, mooching traveling hippie show to the Black Hills is somehow like walking away and doing nothing when you see a man getting beat up on a street corner. Ya just can't care about the light of Native Americans if you don't camp out in their yard.

And nobody has invited them--but hey, nobody has demanded they stay away, either.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Rainbow Gathering in Black Hills
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 04:01:24 pm »
There's a pretty strong message saying they are not wanted, over 100 signatures in just a day. Repost far and wide.

There's also a conference call mentioned at the end that the Rainbows are having, with UUWS asking people to call in and protest.

---------
https://www.change.org/p/rainbow-warriors-rainbow-warriors-stay-away-from-the-black-hills-of-south-dakota-u-u-w-s?recruiter=1213932&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_responsive&utm_term=des-md-share_petition-custom_msg&fb_ref=Default

Petitioning Rainbow Warriors

"Rainbow Warriors" Stay away from The Black Hills of South Dakota! ~ U.U.W.S ~

James Swan Rapid City, SD

United Urban Warrior Society are asking "The People" to sign this petition! We do not want thousands of Rainbow Hippies desecration our Sacred Black Hills bringing with them Drugs, Nudity, and Filth!

They are not welcome by the Majority of "Oceti Sakowin" (Sioux Nation) They have exploited our culture and bastardized our beliefs to fit their needs! When asked to stay away Their general response is "We can go where we want"

"No rainbow hippie dippy culture rapist exploiters will be tolerated... period.. you all trash our sacred black hills, culture rape, and think you have a right to do as you please, you do not.. this is not we r the one tribe we r the Oceti sakowin...no one spiritual leader can say you can come here n then you think we would all roll over? Bull.. you r not welcome here... period.. stay away"  ~U.U.W.S. Joye Braun (Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe)

"I would just as soon take a war party up in the hills and scalp a bunch of them! Then sit down and talk about them standing next to us with their Bull Shit Rainbow prophecy crap!...They say they respect us and honor our way! Yet they want to come and desecrate our church with their foolishness! No matter what we say or not! Then think its OK just because a couple Sell out Indians welcome them...LOL. AS IF they speak for "Oceti Sakowin" (The whole Sioux Nation)"  ~ James "Magaska" Swan   Founder U.U.W.S.

Letter to Rainbow Warriors

Stay away from The Black Hills of South Dakota

Petition Update

Rainbow Confrence call information

James Swan
Rapid City, SD

Jun 10, 2015 — Next Sunday 6/14/2015
9pm eastern (8C, 7M, 6P) (712) 432 0460 then 397370#. Lets all call them and tell them NO!

Offline tikoo

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 04:32:52 pm »
At a N.California Rainbow gathering there was a Council with tribal elders . The Rainbow Family was informed
that their Kid Village (for families with young children) had been set up on a traditional birthing site , which was
a little grove of Aspen . Just above the grove was a stony knoll , and here is where the fathers had sat awaiting
and passing the time making arrowheads . The Rainbow were instructed not to take away any found arrowheads
nor to gather in any quantity the medicine plants that were abundant in the meadow .

Later on , a young native man informed the people he was one who had been born here . Those two stone pillars ,
he said pointing , is considered a gateway unto the Aspen Grove . When the gathering was over , he went travelling
with some hippies in a painted bus .

That's how it really goes . There is no war . Sacred means peaceful . In the 1500's tribes from all over gathered in
the Black Hills to heal from the plagues , gathering especially at the soothing hot springs. In healing there is peace .
In the town of Hot Springs , S.Dak. , there is now a Veteran's facility - for the healing . There , you can feel a history
of suffering and healing for all peoples . My prayers are for all peoples .

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 05:34:21 pm »
OMG! Has anyone read the comments on the petition? One of those rainbow creeps a Mike Kissler is threatening Mr.Swan. He even posted his address in hopes of intimidating him. @tikoo, so much for your peaceful hippie dippie crap.

Diana

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 09:15:47 pm »
tikoo, if your prayers are for all Peoples, respect the wishes of the traditional Peoples for whom the Black Hills are sacred. Go to your "rainbow" peeps and tell them to hold it somewhere else. Your gathering is not wanted, and anyone who told you otherwise is either lying, or was lied to.

Plenty of us here know the people who go to Rainbow. I know women who've been raped at Rainbow by hippie men. The only Natives who go are either young and lost, or exploiter sellouts, or blatant frauds. The main person who has led sweats there is not Native, though he's fooled the white people into thinking he is.

Keep this thing away from sacred sites. The people don't know how to behave respectfully. Not to the Earth, or to the People. Their words about peace and love for the Earth and for Natives are empty. We've heard it all before. The group's actions speak louder.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 09:17:55 pm »
And 99.99% of the time, when a Rainbow person says "tribal elders" they mean old, white hippies. They consider themselves a "tribe" and think they can pick and choose who's a "tribal elder."

Offline tikoo

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 10:00:14 pm »
The gathering in the Black Hills is a world gathering . Speak to the earth . When a rainbow shall
circle the sun - this shall be a new song . Respect the feather . ah sha ko You are welcome
to be there and speak in Council , a council that is or that you call for .

At that California gathering it was the Forest Service that facilitated a council . Petitions of grievence
may be sent to the Black Hills National Forest Supervisor .

The specific location of the gathering will be announced June 17th or so . The fire danger level was
posted as MODERATE for today in the Black Hills Area .

For all who come , you are welcome at any camp fire . In the evenings there may be several large fires
with drumming and dancing . When the drummers who arrived from Africa play itsa grand hoot!

I am a drum-maker . Recently I've prepared another buffalo hide . But , ha , it's the tail of the old herd
bull that's travelling with me and shall be gift to someone in the Hills I have yet to know .

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 11:14:43 pm »
Stop it with the nuage bafflegab, tikoo or you're getting the banhammer. It's not your place to invite anyone to land that is not your own. The Black Hills do not belong to you, nor do they belong to "all people." They belong to the Original People in the bioregion, and they have clearly stated You Are Not Welcome.

Just stop it. You're being profoundly offensive. This is your last warning.

Offline Thyme4Mind

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 11:52:24 pm »
I've shared this petition in a few places, but it has raised some questions.

Quotes such as this

"I would just as soon take a war party up in the hills and scalp a bunch of them! Then sit down and talk about them standing next to us with their Bull Shit Rainbow prophecy crap!...They say they respect us and honor our way! Yet they want to come and desecrate our church with their foolishness! No matter what we say or not! Then think its OK just because a couple Sell out Indians welcome them...LOL. AS IF they speak for "Oceti Sakowin" (The whole Sioux Nation)"

have some people asking me if the petition is legitimate. I trust the judgment of folks here at NAFPS, but I know very little about United Urban Warrior Society. I did a bit of looking through the forum here and also checked out their facebook which seems legit. I guess I'm just wondering if there's an appropriate way to respond to the cynicism? My gut reaction is to tell people that folks are angry and they are allowed to be angry, but to be frank I want to be incredibly careful about spreading potential misinformation.

Offline AClockworkWhite

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 12:12:58 am »
Tikoo sounds just like those fake ass white dudes playing Indins in them old movies. You gotta be kidding me. Do you practice your best Redcorn/ Floyd Westerman Native man voice when you say all that crap?
I came here for the popcorn and stayed for the slaying of pretenders.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 12:15:02 am »
There are some really offensive discussions happening in the Rainbow groups on Facebook. There, and on this blog: http://midwestornewenglandgathering2015.blogspot.com/2015/06/black-hills-rainbow-gathering-and-lakota.html  the hippies are claiming unnamed Lakota have given them permission. Of course, when they are asked for the name of this mysterious Lakota person, the hippies won't answer. Tikoo is there, too, saying he doesn't care what any Natives have to say, he's going.