Author Topic: Institite for contemporary shamanic studies - Canada  (Read 7272 times)

Offline Seeker

Institite for contemporary shamanic studies - Canada
« on: March 31, 2009, 03:15:03 pm »
The group is run out Toronto, Canada   You help is appreciated as is this forum
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 03:50:45 pm by Seeker »

Offline bullhead

Re: Institite for contemporary shamanic studies - Canada
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 04:36:53 pm »
here is a link to there website
http://www.icssleapcalgary.org/nldmain.htm

Offline tachia

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 07:39:27 pm »
i just spent about 10 minutes researching this .. does not take long to figure out what they are about ..
1) affiliated with the "Deer Tribe Metis Medicine Society" and all that that entails
2) teaching come from Harley "SwiftDeer" Reagan
3) they are linked to a LOT of fraud/exploiter organizations
4) their "Faculty and teachers" are all non-ndn with "silly" names that they presume to be ndn
5) all their "programs", "community events" etc .. have "silly" names as well

and .. that was enough for me to know that they are frauds/exploiters/fake shame-ons .. etc .. ..

i do not know what we could do to help you out Seeker .. most of these sort of people operate with a cult type of mentality .. it is difficult to "tell" their "followers" the truth .. they do not wish to hear it .. ..

Offline bullhead

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 08:40:14 pm »
 seeker are you talking about john thunder wolf if so here is a link to something he started if you go to his links page you will find a link to brooke medicine eagle.if you look under the fraud section i think you will find lots of info on her.

http://www.blacklightning.on.ca/index.html
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 08:46:58 pm by bullhead »

frederica

Offline Seeker

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 08:29:14 pm »
thanks for the feedback...I find it alarming that people don't do any research on these organizations.  
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 03:51:24 pm by Seeker »

Offline Seeker

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 09:29:55 pm »
Well my bff who is involved with this group just ended our 15 yeard friendship.  She cited lifestyle choices, personal philosophies and spirituality as her reasons and said that we are "opposed" on all of these things.  She was so cowardly that she actually sent me a message via email explaining that our friendship had run it's course. 
I recently went on a vacation with her and before she went she said she was no longer going to drink.  Being Mexico...I had a good time.  A few weeks after we returned she ended our relationship.  The weird thing was that that message didn't even sound like it was written by her.  She has gotten pretty deep with this new "family" in Calgary and I guess she no longer needs friends who challenge her.  I tried to tell her about plastic shamams before and got a strange response saying that today's natives used to be white and she and her group were natives in past lives.  She seemed to have no regard for the actual culture that she seems to be copying.  She is aware of the stuff on the internet about her group and their leader Harley  and just says ...you can't believe everthing you read on the internet.  I never thought I'd see the day when she would put her group and her beliefs over a long-term friendship and told her so.  I think what prompted it was the book "God id not Great" by Hitchens which either scared her...or threatened her.  It's the same problem I have with any type of organized religion.  It seems that at the end of the day, they are all about judging others and feeling smugly superior in their beliefs.  I call them "spiritual snobs"  If this is where her so-called self development has taken her....no thanks.  Haven't been here for a while but thought I'd share this as there seems to be more discussion on shamanism here lately.  Thanks.  Seeker
"

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 07:33:52 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear that Seeker. That's hurtful and really sucks. :( Maybe one day she'll figure it out. Wishing the best for you.
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html