Author Topic: Lynn Carol Eggers AKA Lynn Andrews  (Read 57855 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Lynn Carol Eggers AKA Lynn Andrews
« on: February 26, 2005, 02:38:35 am »
I know, that she's a fraud is old news to just about everyone here, and even to just about everyone except the most delusional twink. But I stumbled on something interesting. This is from a review on Amazon (Somehow it's survived.) :

-----
She claims to have been taught by a Hopi Medicine Woman. Her Indian ex-boyfriend later revealed that she perpetrated a multi-million dollar hoax. A Beverly Hills actress who claims that in the mid-'70s she became an apprentice to Agnes Whistling Elk, a Native American medicine and a Cree shaman from Manitoba. Her Workshop "Into the CrystalDreamtime" has gone on nationwide tours. Medicine Woman, the initial account of her experiences, won Andrews an enormous response from readers across the country. Suspiciously, all subsequent books were marketed as nonfiction. The reason for this was that in November 1988 an affidavit was filed with a lawsuit brought by David Carson, Choctow, a writer and former live-in companion of Andrews, contending that "as a result of our personal relationship, she and I composed a series of literary works." Carson has since made claims suggesting that many of Andrews 's experiences were the results of his own creative imagination. He claimed he wove them into a fictional narrative describing her exotic adventures with various shamans based on his own limited knowledge of Choctow culture.
-----

I'll see what else I can find about this. 

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Lynn Andrews Exposed
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 06:31:05 am »
If you could lay hands on old Psychology Today mags, about 15 years ago, they had the full story. It was an interview with Carson. Wish I had kept it.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 10:35:40 pm »
Found this. Trish and Pat, could you post this as a warning on our sites when you get the chance?

http://www.religion-online.org/showarticle.asp?title=905
Selling Native American Sould by Jon Magnuson, Lutheran campus pastor at the University of Washington in Seattle and cochair of the Native American Task Force of the Church Council of Greater Seattle.
    An even more devastating illustration of the selling of Native American soul is embodied in the controversy surrounding Lynn Andrews. Five highly acclaimed books focusing on her relations of Native spiritual teachings have built a career for Andrews, a Beverly Hills actress who has taken her Workshop "Into the Crystal Dreamtime" on nationwide tours. Medicine Woman (Harper & Row, 1980) , the initial account of her experiences, won Andrews an enormous response from readers across the country. That and subsequent books were marketed as nonfiction. Her writings describe how in the mid-’70s she became an apprentice to Agnes Whistling Elk, a Native American medicine woman who Andrews claimed was a Cree shaman from Manitoba. Jaguar Woman (1985) , Star Woman (1986) and Crystal Woman (1987) , her sequels, all became New York Times best sellers.
    In 1987 1 asked a Taos Pueblo Native who is also a clinical psychologist and college professor what he knew of Andrews’s reputation among tile Cree people of Manitoba. (He has worked as a consultant among the Cree.) His comments, though guarded, were unsettling. On his journeys into Manitoba and his frequent work among the Cree he had sought to verify her claims. No one had even heard of her.
    In November 1988 an affidavit was filed with a lawsuit brought by David Carson, a writer and former live-in companion of Andrews, contending that "as a result of our personal relationship, she and I composed a series of literary works that includes Medicine Woman, Flight of the Seventh Moon, Jaguar Woman and Star Woman." Jonathon Adolph, a senior editor of New Age Journal, and journalist Richard Smoley began an immediate investigation. In their New Age Journal report, "Beverly Hills Shaman" (March-April 1989) , they acknowledge that in February Carson and his attorney unexpectedly indicated their intention to drop the suit, and they document that prior to that action Carson had made claims suggesting that many of Andrews ‘s experiences were the results of his own creative imagination. David Hall, a longtime acquaintance of Carson who said he watched the two work together, claims that Andrews supplied rough sketches from her experiences in Beverly Hills, and Carson wove them into a fictional narrative describing her exotic adventures with various shamans based on his own knowledge of Native American culture. Carson has claimed he is of Choctaw descent. Both Adolph and Smoley document court papers that show that even before Carson filed his suit he had been offered $15,000 by Andrews’s New York agent.
    Adolph and Smoley also collected bitter criticisms of Andrews from Native American leaders contending that she had made errors regarding geography and custom, especially in her descriptions of ancient ceremonies. In an interview with New Age Journal Andrews said that "a lot of Indians are not upset, with my work." But when her publicist was asked to provide names, she produced only two: one who described herself as a Chicano and another woman who said she had a distant Native American relative.
    Andrews’s own religious experience is not the issue as much as her use of Native American references and symbols out of context. For instance, in her books her teacher Agnes Whistling Elk uses Hopi and Lakota terms, even though she is supposedly a Cree. Two of the exotic ceremonies performed by Crees in Medicine Woman are unknown among the Cree people of Manitoba, according to Flora Zaharia, former director of the Native Education Branch of the Manitoba Department of Education. Adolph and Smoley quote Zaharia as saying that "Andrews is making a joke out of our spirituality and Native culture."
    The popularity of Andrews’s writings reflects a great spiritual hunger. To her credit she knows, better than most, that the American dream has moved, in these last decades of the 20th century, into a desperate search for the sacred and mystical. But for Andrews or anyone else to address this need by deliberately misappropriating and misrepresenting whatever fragments of spirituality are left among indigenous peoples is unethical and spiritually misguided. Both Native and non-Native become the poorer for it.

Offline Sarangerel

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 09:37:13 am »
When you say that "everybody knows" she is fake the education is not good enough.  Do you know you can buy translations of her books in Ulan-Ude?  There is nothing to indicate to Buryat readers that she does not represent real Native American beliefs.  Harner and Castaneda are on the bookshelf right next to her too.  It is a big trouble for me to have to explain that they are all frauds.  It perpetuates the romanticized image of Native Americans abroad that you are all trying to combat.  
Thankfully now the indigenous shamans are starting to fill up the bookshelves with their own writings and they now that they are there are more popular than that American trash.
When we established the Golomt Center back in 1997 I was the computer geek of the group and I combed the Internet looking for sites about shamanism looking for international contacts for our organization.  Of course the overwhelming majority of what I found was airy-fairy New Age Native American wannabe stuff.  What struck me about Lynn Andrews' site was that it used a lot of traditional Native Siberian symbols on it.  I e-mailed them about it and, of course, no answer.  I was dubious about the authenticity of her teachings even th

Offline Sarangerel

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 09:47:57 am »
This is the rest of the last post, I am having connection problems and lost my connection as my post was uploading:

What struck me about Lynn Andrews' site was that it used a lot of traditional Native Siberian symbols on it.  I e-mailed them about it and, of course, no answer.  I was dubious about the authenticity of her teachings even then because I had read one of her books, but I was curious about why she was appropriating our symbols for our website.
So when I was in the United States in 1998 and I read that she was appearing at this one conference not far away from where I was staying I decided to try to meet her.  I dressed in Buryat clothing and went there where she was doing a book signing.  I told her I was a Native Siberian shaman and would like to talk to her.  She said she was very interested and she told me to come back at a certain time.  When I came back at the appointed time I found out she had left almost an hour before!  Draw your own conclusions, but my conclusion was that she did not want to deal with a representative of a genuine indigenous tradition.  If she has a spiritual hunger it was not evident that day.

regards,

Sarangerel

TrishaRoseJacobs

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 05:53:03 pm »
Alright Al, it's been added but I can't upload it till tuesday evening so it won't appear on the net till then.

Btw - the amazon site registration expired, what do you want me to do? and the billy jack thing? Email me.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 09:05:11 pm »
Lynn Andrew's agent wrote us several months ago back in April, blustering empty threats of lawsuits.

----------

What you post on your site about Lynn Andrews is fraud. She has never claimed to be a Native American shaman/medicine woman. She was trained by women all over the world in different indigenous ways.
 Why would you continue to attack her this way.  She went through years of suing her ex (and won) to prove that she really did do what she talks about in the books and that she wrote them.  Please remove your post.
 If you are connected in some why with her ex we will be investigating this. The judge ordered all negative lies he and his friends were spreading be removed internet and this was years ago. You need to take this off your site.

Thank you,
Devra Ann Jacobs  (Agent)

--------

Jacobs is quite the twink herself, an editor and publisher who thinks she talks to angels.
http://www.transformationsolutions.com/articles/articles.cfm/id/3B3010AF-C09F-2A3B-F608C5E7C16E5057
http://www.worldpuja.org/archives/2007-03-28/

We offered to put any statement from Andrews in the thread. We figured at the very least she would actually address the charges made in this thread, give her side of the lawsuit against David Carson.

Instead we got, after four months, this truly surreal, hysterical, and bigoted response from Andrews that seemed totally disconnected from reality. In the interest of fairness I'll post the whole thing uninterrupted, and then respond to it in another post.

---------

Your article is so rife with error and unfounded innuendo that one hardly knows where to begin.

My name is Lynn Andrews, and I have spent the past 36 years of my life working with a group of indigenous women healers in many different parts of the world, training under them so that I could bring their stories and their teachings of the sacred feminine back into my own culture, to those who are looking for a greater understanding of the world of the sacred and their place in it than they have gotten from the religious traditions of their childhoods.

That is not to denigrate any of the traditions in which they are raised. No one owns the truth. No one owns God, the Great Spirit, the Sacred Divine, however you know the God or Goddess beings of your life. No one's religion is higher or better or more "sacred" than any other person's religion. For tens of thousands of years before people began praying to a single male diety, goddess worship and later poly-theism abounded across the face of this great earth with people celebrating their gods and goddesses by placing themselves in service to their deities, not by inveigling the deities to do for the people to "prove" that their God is higher or better than any other person's God.

The transition from this old way of understanding sacredness was neither voluntary nor harmonious, in any part of this world. Religious wars have been fought almost incessantly for over 2000 years, terrible, destructive, bloody wars: "I am right and you are wrong, and in the name of my god I kill you," continuing up into this very day. And although it is said, "To the victor go the spoils," throughout all of this time many conquered people have never turned their backs on what they know to be true in their hearts, whatever that truth may be, and it varies from person to person and group to group. Throughout all of these millenniums of religious intolerance, hatred and warfare, people the world over have held onto the beliefs of their ancestors, practiced and passed them down from generation to generation in secret, father to son, mother to daughter, teacher to apprentice, as well as through secret societies, also continuing into this very day.

I have never claimed or pretended to be a Native American, have never claimed or pretended to have been taught or to teach the sacred life ways, traditions or medicine of any First Nation people. I have never claimed nor pretended to speak of or for any Native culture, anywhere in the world. I have never claimed that any of the ceremonies which my teachers performed with me and gave me permission to write about were from any indigenous culture or tradition. And throughout my writing and teaching career, I have been very up front about stating this: my teachings are not Native American, nor are the teachings my teachers gave me the teachings of the indigenous cultures from which they spring. It is true that I have been blessed to participate as an invited guest in many Native ceremonies and traditions, but I have never and will never write of nor teach any of them; to do so would be to violate every bond of trust and integrity that has grown between my teachers and myself over these 36+ years. I have had students leave me because I refused to teach them sweat lodge, even though I have been fortunate to participate in a number of sweat lodge traditions. But I would never violate my teachers like that.

I have also stated frequently throughout all this time that while my teachers are all members of various indigenous communities, they do not teach us the teachings and life ways of their born-to worlds. Their teachings are the teachings of the sacred feminine, the Divine Goddess as she has been known and handed down for over ten thousand years in many different ways across the globe. Goddess teachings are to be found in every culture on earth, although most of the records of them have either been eradicated, burned, or are hidden away in the deepest, most inaccessible recesses of libraries of antiquity.

A substantial number of the religious wars that have been fought have been to wipe goddess worship from the face of the earth. Indeed, the greatest number of those drowned, burned and otherwise killed as witches throughout the Middle Ages as well as here in America were women, the midwives, herbalists and healers who had to be wiped completely from memory as "modern" male-dominated medicine began to take root along with the monotheistic God. And yet these goddess teachings have survived, and you see evidence of them everywhere. You can belittle and demean them with words like "pagan," or "cult," or even label them the wild ravings of the mad woman, but just because you say those words does not make it so. You can dismiss whole categories of magnificent people as fluff and nonsense, but that does not make it so.

And so you ask, "Why would a (natural?) blonde white woman claim to be a shaman?" The term "shaman" actually comes from the Tungusic language of Siberia: šam?n – "a priest or priestess who uses magic for the purposes of curing the sick, divining the hidden, and controlling events." Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 10th Ed., p.1076. It has come to be applied to the practitioners almost every given spiritual or medicine way that does not fit into the Judeo-Christian-Buddhist-Moslem categories.

Why would any woman of any skin or hair color, or man, for that matter, who is fortunate to put in the time and exceedingly rigorous and disciplined study with shaman teachers of high degree over a number of decades in order to achieve a demonstrable degree of ability not become a shaman woman? And having put in that study, having been called by one's own teachers a shaman woman and recognized widely as such by other teachers and healers outside her immediate circle, why could that woman not call herself a shaman woman? The designation "shaman" is not something one bestows on oneself. It is a title that is earned and recognized by one's teachers, first and foremost.

You say, "These alleged shamans probably wouldn't even share with each other their secrets." How patronizing that is, to suggest that women are incapable of knowing who they are as individuals, seeking out and recognizing kindred spirits wherever we find them, to share, practice and build on the knowledge and wisdom of ancient women's spirituality. While many of my teachers in the Sisterhood of the Shields prefer to stay close to home, others of them are highly educated and have traveled extensively. Are you suggesting that educated and uneducated women cannot find a deeply sacred shared wisdom in common with one another, a sacredness that has been shared, in an unbroken chain, by our grandmothers and our grandmothers' grandmothers for ages?

I have also been very careful to state in the beginning of every one of my books that the names and locations where my teachers live and where I go to study with them are changed to protect their safety and their identities. A number of them live under very repressive governments, where to practice even their Native traditions would bring imprisonment or death, not just to them but also to their families … let alone Goddess teachings. Just look at how you spurn such an idea. Or would you prefer a return to the Inquisitions, where it is said that over 85% of the people who were murdered were women?

Finally, I must most ardently take exception to your statement, "If Andrews is a fraud, that would not mean that she does not bring something beneficial to many women, especially those whose needs are not very deep and who are likely to be comforted by platitudes, fictions, and timeworn expressions of hope, mysticism and power." In the first place, it demonstrates a profound lack of knowledge or experience of any of my teachings. But to attack those who come to me as women "whose needs are not very deep and who are likely to be comforted by platitudes [and] fictions"? That is the same mentality of superiority and separation that leads to the shootings of Sikhs in their temples, the burning of mosques and holy books, and the bombings in public squares and places of worship the world over. How dare you?

Thank you for posting this,

Lynn Andrews

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 09:21:01 pm »
My first reaction to her statement, which I sent back to Andrews' agent Jacob, was this:

-------

That was truly bizarre and offensive. She doesn't seem to have read the posts she's responding to. It's not clear who she is angry with or addressing, the lawsuit, or the multiple responses in the thread.

She does not, for the most part, address any of the questions. And she sounds extremely bigoted by trying to exploit the deaths in the Sikh temple.

Honestly, she comes as rather senile and not living in reality, especially when making the surreal claim that Natives in Canada are being murdered for their religious beliefs. Any Native or Canadian knows that is not even remotely true.

She even contradicts her own books repeatedly, where she claims to be dispensing Native traditional secrets given to her.

Are you, and is she, certain this is the response you want posted? Even her strongest supporters would have the same reaction as mine.

----------

Jacobs says she will try to get another statement from Andrews, and then told us Andrews was "very hurt".

So let's start off with the nonsense from Jacobs' first email:

"What you post on your site about Lynn Andrews is fraud. She has never claimed to be a Native American shaman/medicine woman. She was trained by women all over the world in different indigenous ways."

That is truly bizarre. I have to wonder about Andrews' judgement in choosing Jacobs for an agent. An agent is supposed to provide good publicity, not make hysterical statements. Clearly Jacobs doesn't klnow what constitutes fraud under the law.

And to claim Andrews never claimed to be a shaman...only to be trained by one shaman after another all over the world, and with special knowledge no one in history has ever been able to get.

"Why would you continue to attack her this way.  She went through years of suing her ex (and won) to prove that she really did do what she talks about in the books and that she wrote them."

That doesn't appear to be what any of the news stories about the lawsuit show. It appears that Carson was paid off to not say anything anymore.

And how spirchul...use lawsuits to silence a critic, one who was an ex, a close associate, and it appears from numerous sources, her ghostwriter.

"Please remove your post. If you are connected in some why with her ex we will be investigating this."

You  know, it's really not a good idea for an agent to issue legal threats. It just looks silly. It looks even sillier when you don't even know the first thing about who you are threatening.

"The judge ordered all negative lies he and his friends were spreading be removed internet and this was years ago. You need to take this off your site.
Thank you,
Devra Ann Jacobs  (Agent)"

"Negative lies"? A judge really said that? As opposed to positive lies? A judge really cared about negativity?
Again, as an agent, Ms. Jacobs leaves much to be desired.
I keep hoping that either Andrews or Jacobs would give their side about the lawsuit, but both of them haven't said much except "Be quiet or else!"

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 09:45:19 pm »
Here's one account of what happened in the lawsuit. Apparently Carson sued first, Andrews countersued and seems to have paid him off to stay quiet publicly.

----------

http://sustainedreaction.yuku.com/topic/6221/Where-are-they-now-Copycats-Castaneda-imitators-charlatans
How such pure fantasy yarns are sometimes concocted, I began to understand in early 1986, when I happened to meet a man in Santa Fe, New Mexico, who claimed to have
written a good portion of the first three Lynn-Andrews-books. His name was David Carson, and as he was a locally known writer and had recently published shamanic "Medicine Cards”,
I wanted to interview him for a magazine story about Santa Fe I was researching. We spent an afternoon in a little Café, and after filling me in on the town’s New Age scene, he asked me if
I wanted to hear the story about the creation of “Medicine Woman.”
In the late seventies, he said, he was living with Lynn Andrews in Beverly Hills, California. She was an arts dealer, he an aspiring writer and student in Native American spirituality
(“I have a bit of Choctaw Indian blood myself, am from Oklahoma”), and both were hungry for fame and fortune. One Sunday morning they were talking about Castaneda’s continued success
with his Don-Juan-tales, and how easy it would be to create a female-oriented version of the series: Lynn instead of Carlos, some Native medicine woman instead of Don Juan. That very day,
Carson recounted, they started to work on the book, quickly developed a plot and jointly produced the whole thing over the next couple of months. Carson brought his knowledge of Native
American culture and spirituality, plus his writing skills, to the fraudulent deal; Andrews contributed rough sketches of her life in Beverly Hills. Carson wove all this material together into a narrative
describing her exotic adventures with various female shamans up in Canada’s Manitoba tundra.
“Medicine Woman” came out in 1981, with only Lynn Andrew’s name on the cover. It was to be sold as a woman’s adventure, and hers only; no man’s name should spoil the
invention of the “Sisterhood of the Shields”. Only the book’s dedication gave a hint as to Carson’s authorship: “…dedicated to David Carson, the truly invisible one.”
The fictitious “non-fiction” book was an instant success, and Carson quickly knocked out three more, “Spirit Woman”, “Jaguar Woman” and “Star Woman”, with all of
them becoming lucrative bestsellers. Eventually, Carson told me, it happened what usually happens in “silent” collaborations of this type: Lynn tired of the partnership and cut him off,
continuing the lucrative Medicine-Woman-franchise on her own. Now he was considering going to court and suing her, he wasn’t sure what to do. Write it up in your story, he said,
maybe it will help. A few days later he called me up and said, “Don’t write about it yet, I have to think it over some more.”
Almost three years after our conversation, in November 1988, an affidavit was filed with a lawsuit brought by Carson, contending that “as a result of our personal relationship,
Lynn and I composed a series of literary works that included Medicine Woman, Jaguar Woman and Star Woman.” Three months later, in February 1989, Carson dropped the suit,
reportedly because Andrews agreed to a financial settlement out of court.
In an interview in April, 2006, Carson stated that the two have gone their separate ways since then. “I never
talk about her”, Carson said. “I’m a ghost in her past. You know how the law goes. You have to sign stuff.”

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 10:15:06 pm »
Andrews's nonsense, piece by piece:

"Your article is so rife with error and unfounded innuendo that one hardly knows where to begin."

Ms. Andrews, you don't appear to have read what you are responding to. There is no article.

"My name is Lynn Andrews, and I have spent the past 36 years of my life working with a group of indigenous women healers in many different parts of the world"

There's no evidence of that, none at all. You use Lakota words when talking about a supposed Cree teacher, invent places that don't exist and people with names that no one on these rezzes has ever heard.

"...training under them so that I could bring their stories and their teachings of the sacred feminine back into my own culture, to those who are looking for a greater understanding of the world of the sacred and their place in it than they have gotten from the religious traditions of their childhoods."

Pseudo feminism, ripping off both the mostly middle aged white women who naively go to you, and lying about indigenous women.

"That is not to denigrate any of the traditions in which they are raised. No one owns the truth. No one owns God, the Great Spirit, the Sacred Divine"

And yet you fought in court for a long time to own your version of spirituality and make a huge profit while the people you claim to teach from or honor live in poverty.

[Long irrelevant hypocritical rant of her faux feminism follows]

[Followed by long offensive rant where she pretends to be Native and feminist and anyone who exposes her is accused of being out to kill anyone who disagrees]

"I have never claimed or pretended to be a Native American, have never claimed or pretended to have been taught or to teach the sacred life ways, traditions or medicine of any First Nation people. I have never claimed nor pretended to speak of or for any Native culture, anywhere in the world. I have never claimed that any of the ceremonies which my teachers performed with me and gave me permission to write about were from any indigenous culture or tradition."

Talk about lying with a straight face. That is exactly what you claim.

"It is true that I have been blessed to participate as an invited guest in many Native ceremonies and traditions, but I have never and will never write of nor teach any of them; to do so would be to violate every bond of trust and integrity that has grown between my teachers and myself over these 36+ years."

Actually, that's exactly what you claim to have done.

"I have also stated frequently throughout all this time that while my teachers are all members of various indigenous communities, they do not teach us the teachings and life ways of their born-to worlds. Their teachings are the teachings of the sacred feminine, the Divine Goddess as she has been known and handed down for over ten thousand years in many different ways across the globe. Goddess teachings are to be found in every culture on earth, although most of the records of them have either been eradicated, burned, or are hidden away in the deepest, most inaccessible recesses of libraries of antiquity."

Ignorant and more ignorant, cloaking yourself in faux feminism again. There's certainly no shortage of women healers or medicine traditions.

[Long ignorant offensive rant where she again claims to be the defender of the indigenous and the feminist]

"You can belittle and demean them with words like "pagan," or "cult," or even label them the wild ravings of the mad woman, but just because you say those words does not make it so."

WTH is this imaginary person you are talking to or about? Are you high or going senile? You are ranting against people who aren't here and who never said anything like that.

" You can dismiss whole categories of magnificent people as fluff and nonsense, but that does not make it so."

You can pretend to be a shaman and charge people thousands to lie to them, but that doesn't make it real.

"And so you ask, "Why would a (natural?) blonde white woman claim to be a shaman?"

If your hair is natural then so are the implants of every porn actress, and the spray on tans of every Kardashian. You bear a frightening resemblance to Joan Rivers, except she looks more natural.

And once again, you argue with someone who isn't there.

"The term "shaman" actually comes from the Tungusic language of Siberia: šam?n – "a priest or priestess who uses magic for the purposes of curing the sick, divining the hidden, and controlling events." Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 10th Ed., p.1076."

Your condescension is yet one more example of your racism.

"It has come to be applied to the practitioners almost every given spiritual or medicine way that does not fit into the Judeo-Christian-Buddhist-Moslem categories."

On what planet are Buddhist beliefs similar to the others? Your ignorance is cross cultural.

"Why would any woman of any skin or hair color, or man, for that matter, who is fortunate to put in the time and exceedingly rigorous and disciplined study with shaman teachers of high degree over a number of decades in order to achieve a demonstrable degree of ability not become a shaman woman?"

In your case, boatloads of cash. And your discipline is laughable, unless you're talking about control of banking accounts and royalties. You don't have the discipline to even lie consistently. Most frauds at least study the tribe they lie about. You don't even bother to do that, and you've made similar screw ups dozens of times.

"And having put in that study, having been called by one's own teachers a shaman woman and recognized widely as such by other teachers and healers outside her immediate circle, why could that woman not call herself a shaman woman? The designation "shaman" is not something one bestows on oneself. It is a title that is earned and recognized by one's teachers, first and foremost."

Since nobody but Siberians and anthros say shaman, you clearly have not been called one by anybody but yourself and equally deluded followers.

"You say, "These alleged shamans probably wouldn't even share with each other their secrets." How patronizing that is, to suggest that women are incapable of knowing who they are as individuals, seeking out and recognizing kindred spirits wherever we find them, to share, practice and build on the knowledge and wisdom of ancient women's spirituality. While many of my teachers in the Sisterhood of the Shields prefer to stay close to home, others of them are highly educated and have traveled extensively. Are you suggesting that educated and uneducated women cannot find a deeply sacred shared wisdom in common with one another, a sacredness that has been shared, in an unbroken chain, by our grandmothers and our grandmothers' grandmothers for ages?"

That first sentence was said in an article I read some time ago about you, not in here.
So that's why you make no sense. You very senilely are hallucinating that NAFPS is the Skeptic website that tore your nonsense claims to pieces.
May I suggest to your agent, get power of attorney quick, because Ms. Andrews has lost touch with reality.

"I have also been very careful to state in the beginning of every one of my books that the names and locations where my teachers live and where I go to study with them are changed to protect their safety and their identities. A number of them live under very repressive governments, where to practice even their Native traditions would bring imprisonment or death, not just to them but also to their families … let alone Goddess teachings. Just look at how you spurn such an idea. Or would you prefer a return to the Inquisitions, where it is said that over 85% of the people who were murdered were women?"

What the...?
Did she just claim Canada is murdering NDN women for their sisterhood of shields nonsense?
That is some incredible senility or very strong drugs she is taking...

"Finally, I must most ardently take exception to your statement, "If Andrews is a fraud, that would not mean that she does not bring something beneficial to many women, especially those whose needs are not very deep and who are likely to be comforted by platitudes, fictions, and timeworn expressions of hope, mysticism and power."

Again, she's gone off the deep end, responding to something and someone that isn't here...
If she weren't such an exploiter whose ruined many lives, it'd be tragic.

"...That is the same mentality of superiority and separation that leads to the shootings of Sikhs in their temples, the burning of mosques and holy books, and the bombings in public squares and places of worship the world over. How dare you?"

How dare you exploit the deaths in that temple to defend your crass ignorant racism?
How dare you spend your whole career making a mockery of feminism with your silly lies?
How dare you become wealthy while pandering to the gullible and letting the people you claim to honor die in poverty?
How dare you threaten anyone who disagrees with you with lawsuits, showing everyone how empty your facade of spirituality truly is?
I dare just fine. How dare you?

"Thank you for posting this,
Lynn Andrews"

:o Time for you to get better medication, or the doctors to commit you...

Epiphany

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 05:14:34 pm »
The Skeptic's Dictionary entry http://www.skepdic.com/andrews.html on her

Offline Superdog

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 03:41:38 pm »
The Andrews response seems very canned.  As in, this is a general response to critics.  Nothing specific to the thread is addressed in her response and it keeps going into tangents about nonessential facts.  This was probably written as a response to another article (or possibly any article critical of her) and gets fired off by her staff (either with or without her knowledge).  I don't believe she's read the thread at all.

If this was her actual response to the information in this thread...she comes off as somewhat senile and unable to make a logical argument.....either way, it doesn't help her claims of authenticity....makes her look kinda foolish IMHO....

Superdog

Epiphany

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 02:26:45 am »
Lynn Andrews - Blessing the Four Directions at Joshua Tree 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFGRbJ0sqCQ

At about 3:05 point in video she calls"White Buffalo Calf Woman", Lynn has "blessed the four directions", ending each chant with "Ho!"

What is going on at 4:25? She has a mask on, she is stumbling, someone steps forwards as if to catch her if need be. Lynn sounds like she is crying, or angry, or in some manner not in good shape.

Epiphany

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 03:10:58 am »
Mystical Crop Circles and Stonehenge with Lynn Andrews

July 25 - August 1, 2013 Optional Extension Tour:
“Mystical Ireland”
July 19 - 26, 2013

http://powerplaces.com/England_Crop_Circles_2013.html

For the first time ever in Ireland and England!
Come join Lynn Andrews on this wonderful journey to the
ancient sacred sites of this mother land. Experence the
inspiration these countries have to offer.

http://lynnandrews.com/

Epiphany

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 11:45:27 pm »
She was born Lynn Carol Eggers, 1940, Seattle Washington.

Married Kurt Neumman Jr 1962, they had Vanessa (she can be found online as Vanessa Andrews http://www.hauteliving.com/2009/04/vanessa-andrews-2/5233/ ), they divorced in 1966. Lynn then married Terrence Andrews in 1970, they divorced in 1975.

Lynn's parents Leif Vankervel Eggers (born North Dakota, died California) and Rosalyn E Crowley (born and died in California) Leif's parents both born in Norway. Rosalyn's parents from Missouri and Colorado.

Started researching Lynn yesterday and wasn't getting anywhere, had no clue what her birth name was. Finding the article on her daughter Vanessa broke the log jam since it gave me the name of one of Lynn's husbands.

As I pieced together a possible family tree with public records on ancestry.com, I then came across someone else's public family tree with some of the same names - done by Vanessa Andrews herself. Her mother's name is not listed as she is still alive, the rest of the genealogy is, same as what I'd come up with.

Lynn & family in 1940 census https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K9S1-4Z3