Author Topic: Nancy Newton & Wild Purple Ranch  (Read 9534 times)

Offline SouthwestSkeptic

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Nancy Newton & Wild Purple Ranch
« on: October 26, 2009, 02:54:54 am »
RE: Nancy Newman [Al's note: It's Newton further on in the thread.]

Awfully interested in the whiteman's law for a holy “medicine woman” isn’t she?

I don’t think that there’s anything that will protect you from charges of fraud and misrepresentation. Whether the government issues you a little card or not.

Hundreds of people have moved here from the Eastern States get in on the Shaman racket (and the low taxes for the wealthy).  Tucson was actually founded by gansters seeking to avoid paying taxes on their ill-gotten gains. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I have met Nancy Newton at the Day of the Dead parade, and I was less than impressed.
She is a vapid, silly woman who has absolutely NO knowledge of anything indigenous.
She was wearing a buckskin costume with a cowboy hat and passing out business cards for her “sliding scale” cosmic dome/spirit lodge to the general public.

Direct comments & questions to:

Nancy Newton
7400 N. Artesiano Rd., Tucson, AZ 85743
(520) 572-0147
nannewton13@gmail.com
www.awildpurpleranch.com

From her web site:

“The Wild Purple Ranch and Retreat is a private gated 10 acre desert getaway and lodge that delights guests with fabulous vistas, sophisticated yet rustic accommodations and an array of spiritual and physical therapies, meditations, ceremonies, yoga, workshops, creative activities and entertainment.”

“A Wild Purple Ranch has a program for financially challenged...
Reduced rates and work program available.”

“Nancy Newton, Medicine Woman”

“Sacred Ceremonies, Spirit Lodge, Weddings, Celebrations... available on request.”

“All guests are required to sign full waiver to be on the premises. Guests take full responsibility for personal property and well-being.
Ranch and Retreat rules are provided for your safety and to preserve the desert.
Guests may bring food and refreshments. See additional information sheet for special meals, catering, and retreat meal planning.
Nancy Newton, Medicine Woman, prepares and blesses food and drinks as sacred supplements as part of our spiritual orientation.
The WPR&R is a sacred lodge protected by the NAFERA treaty.”
(Federal Native American Free Exercise of Religion Act of 1993)

I've never heard of a treaty that protects people who do not belong to the nation who made the treaty with the U.S. government.  It's like saying I love the French so much that I'm protected by all their laws.
This is a bizarre interpretation of treaty law. And why would a "medicine woman" be so concerned with lawsuits?  Doesn't she have any confidence in her great medicine?

This is the “cosmic dome”

http://awildpurpleranch.homestead.com/Cosmic-Dome.html

Perhaps we'll see it with yellow police tape around it some day.

Backyard, home sweat lodges, built as permanent structures, are very popular in Tucson’s wealthier (gated) neighborhoods.

Allow me to translate:  
Gated = segregated = Whites only. No Mexicans or Indians need apply.

There is a huge disparity between rich white people who spend all their time seeking spirituality and poor brown people who spend all their time trying to survive in Tucson. The rich and the poor live in two completely different worlds. This is something that our new "spiritual" immigrants choose to be oblivious to.

The racism that you experience from white New Age seekers in Tucson is extreme.  Tucson wants to be the new Sedona. Many of the gurus around here are openly white supremacists and advocate purging the human population of "useless eaters" so that “mother earth” can survive. Guess who they think those useless eaters are.  The main target of their venom is all those "Indian girls" having "too many babies" and "making them pay for them out of their taxes."

You can't go to a "progressive" forum without one of them getting up and pontificating about how we must reduce the population and spouting all sorts of eugenicist rhetoric.  The main target of their hatred is often "those Indians who hang out at Wal-mart." They are an insulated, cult-like group who cannot be reasoned with. They believe what they believe with such zeal that it's scary.

There are hundreds of these "resorts" in Southern Arizona and they cater to a very upscale, predominantly white clientele that assume that anything New Age is consistent with indigenous spiritual beliefs. The clientelle prefer to be taught by people they are "comfortable" with. Translation = white, liberal college educated people.

Consequently, the only NDN you see there will be cleaning the restrooms or taking out their trash.

It is also extremely offensive to me that they use the Boboquivari mountains, sacred to the T.O. in their advertising.  You can't see them from that part of Tucson. >:(

Tucson natives live in some of the worst conditions in the nation.

The homes in the gated community humble “shamans” area are around $1,000.000.

It seems that the new age shaman requires some pretty fancy digs.

Here’s Deathray’s mansion:
http://www.anorak.co.uk/228626/media/james-rays-mulholland-sweat-mansion.html

Guess you can't get really spitchul in a double wide ey?

Rose
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 03:22:44 pm by educatedindian »
I'm not a bird, I'm not a plane, I'm super NDN skeptic -
Debunking non-NDN bunk, one nut at a time!

Offline NDN_Outlaw

Re: Nancy Newton & Wild Purple Ranch
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 03:51:51 am »
These people smile like Cheshire cats. Their teeth are perfect and sparkling white. Their skin is bronzed and blemish free. They beam with bliss and every hair is in place. I have so little in common with them I wouldn't know what to say or what to do.  I used to visit Tucson but the people I hung with were in the Barrio or Pasqua Yaqui. Your right about Tucson becoming the new Sedonna.

Offline flyingdust

Re: Nancy Newton & Wild Purple Ranch
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 08:46:59 am »
It is appalling what they are doing down there in Tucson...and all over the states, for that matter.  Our Indigenous spiritual traditions are being stolen and made into a money-making industry by these, these charlatans.  This blog is really opening my eyes!

Just a funny but disgusting observation on the site link in your post: Looks like lots of touchy-feely stuff go on in that dome – so typically new age.  Every traditional gathering I've been to, we just shake hands.  Weird symbolism, too, holay!  I don’t remember seeing anybody getting manicures or facials after a sweat or pipe ceremony either.   This is an example of anything goes, mix and match, all about appearances, and downright fraudulent.  There should be a law against them doing that.   :o