Author Topic: RESOLVED, NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN: Chief Ardy & the 3 Thumbs First Nation  (Read 50369 times)

Re: Chief Ardy & the 3 Thumbs First Nation
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2009, 01:55:29 am »
Critter, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Do you think clanmother can really predict the future? Wow . . . an Hereditary Chief and a fortuneteller! 

Well, I have no clue... so I cannot say.  She stated she does fortune telling.. 

I just don't want anyone trying to tell me my future this or that.. 
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline clanmother

• TTT
    • Micmac Lock
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 03:22:51 am »
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 01:06:02 am by clanmother »
TTT

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 04:20:20 am »
Not sure what this is all about but
this person's life is no different than any of us.
I happen to be born and live on the reservation
and I don't have a white name.
In Spirit

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2009, 04:22:04 am »
Clan mother
I started a business one time in the Annapolis Valley, which was called 3 Thumbs First Nation and made Tipi Covers and Indian Crafts and sold tobacco. 

I shall repeat. I do not claim to be Chief of any First Nation ... it was a business name.

Ok , i'm sorry if I misunderstood what you mean when you refer to yourself as Chief.

So what is the First Nation called that you are serving as Chief? And how did you come to have that title ?

Or do you mean you aren't really a Chief ?

I'm sorry but I don't see why you feel asking questions is disrespectful. Unless something you are saying isn't true.

Offline bls926

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 04:26:54 am »
TRASK, Charles Walter
Tuesday, December 30, 2003     The Halifax Herald Limited
TRASK, Charles Walter - 76, Bridgetown, formerly of Middleton, passed on peacefully into the Spirit World, Sunday, December 28, 2003, in Soldiers Memorial Hospital, Middleton. Born in Grand Falls, NL, November 8, 1927, he was a son of the late Charles (Baker) Trask (Elliston, NL) and Amelia Ann (Pelley) Trask (Exploits Island, NL). Educated in Grand Falls, Charlie retired to Middleton in 1976 after a successful business career in Newfoundland and Labrador. Charlie had been a resident of Mountain Lea Lodge, Bridgetown, for the past two years. He served with the Royal Newfoundland Engineers Infantry Division during the Korean War. He also served on various organizations in Newfoundland and was a life member of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, a member of the Royal Canadian Legion and a lifelong, devoted member of the Liberal Party of Canada.

Charlie shall be remembered for not only sharing with his people, but for his love for animals as well. He is survived by his former wife, Mary Francis Goodyear, Newfoundland; sons, Christopher Paul, Margaretsville; Carl Peter (Chief Ardy born with 3 thumbs), Sissiboo, Digby Co.; Charles Jr., Oshawa, Ont.; daughter, Constance Patricia, Nova Scotia; brother, William Trask, Cannings Cove, NL; sister, Edna Bradley, Jamaica and Florida; sister-in-law, Loretta Trask, Grand Falls, NL; Marie (Melvin) Ploughman, Windsor, NL; grandchildren, Bronwen, Carmen, Carson, Kelina Megan, Zachary, Harold, Jared, Samantha and Max Trask; nephew, Roy Trask, Toronto; also loyal friend and colleague, Floyd Benjamin, Lawrencetown. Charlie was predeceased by son, Craig Patrick; brothers, Heber and Ralph; sister, Gertrude Hawley. No flowers as per Charlie's request. Donations to the Micmac Benevolent Society, P.O. Box 1738, Truro, NS, B2N 5Z5. Cremation has taken place. Private memorial will be held in memory of the man who got things done, for Charlie will be remembered as the "chief of all chiefs!" as he provided generously for his people. On-line condolences to: roopfh@ns.sympatico.ca

I see where we made the mistake in thinking Carl Trask was Chief Ardy Born with 3 Thumbs. Thought this was saying Carl Peter aka Chief Ardy, when it's actually saying Carl Peter and his wife Chief Ardy.

Clanmother, you could have cleared this up sooner if, instead of saying this in your first reply to Moma's inquiry about who Trask was:

. . . I will leave you to determine who my mother is and who her family descends from.  I have no Trask Blood, nor have I ever seen that written anywhere. . .

and

On the 19th of September, Kancamagus alias John Hogkins, came in, together with Bagesson, alias Joseph Traske, and signed this treaty in the presence of Joseph Rayn the Attorney General of the province, all of which may be seen in the treaty itself, which follows:

you'd said this:

. . . I am not a Trask. My husband, Carl is. His Father, Charles gave me a house. which I still have. . .

See how much cleaner that would have been? Your first reply makes it sound like you have no idea who Trask is, other than there was a Joseph Traske who signed a treaty in 1685. Then, a few hours later, you remember that it's your husband's name and that was your father-in-law's obituary. Strange.

Offline clanmother

• TTT
    • Micmac Lock
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2009, 04:40:27 am »
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 01:22:35 am by clanmother »
TTT

Offline bls926

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 04:53:26 am »
Oh,... and, ... We grew up eating porcupine & I made a good many quill boxes out of birch bark with my Grand Mother.  The ones from the hardwood lands are tasty, like chicken - and the ones that feed from soft wood aren't fit to eat.  But - I finally figured out, why you are so disgruntled - you haven't had sex in a loonnngggg - time because no one would touch you with a 10 foot pole.  You must be of the softwood variety.  LOL

What is it about Mi'kmaq [sic] women? Do they all think that any questions about who they are should be met with insults and disrespect? Are they all this rude or is it just the ones who post on NAFPS?

Offline clanmother

• TTT
    • Micmac Lock
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 05:43:42 am »

« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 01:06:41 am by clanmother »
TTT

Offline clanmother

• TTT
    • Micmac Lock
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 05:52:00 am »
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 01:07:07 am by clanmother »
TTT

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2009, 06:08:41 am »
The way that obituary was worded was really confusing, -  but with that explained and some further research , I can see where the genealogy now mostly makes sense.

http://www.archive.org/stream/beothukmicmac00spec/beothukmicmac00spec_djvu.txt

http://www.downhomekitchen.com/posts.php?id=16626

http://www.gogaspe.com/en/genbb/

http://genforum.genealogy.com/rancourt/messages/172.html

http://genforum.genealogy.com/fox/messages/7950.html

I apologize for misunderstanding this part of Clan mother's claims. I don't know if this is all correct information, but with the misunderstanding explained I don't see any reason to think it isn't. At least not tonight. 

All other status Indians have a Chief so I am my own.

Ok. Thanks for explaining how you see that. I'm not sure I agree with you calling yourself a Chief, while publicly cutting down the Mi'kmaq leaders who are recognized by the canadian government, and that you seem to repeatedly suggest they are all corrupt, but if you are Mi'kmaq you probably know a lot more than i do, and you certainly have a right to your opinion.

At no time did I claim to be Carl Trask. Once again, you mis-interpreted the obituary. Your mistake - you assumed I was Carl Trask. You never asked me if I was Carl Trask?

Er - Actually I didn't see how you could be Carl Trask. Carl being a mans name and you being a Clan mother... i thought I did repeatedly ask how this could be possible in my first post- but I guess what was confusing me wasn't clear to you.

Hire an assistant. lol.
Instead of a porcupine lover who won't eat me ? Oh gee ....I'm not sure... Do I have to choose?   :'(
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 06:13:55 am by Moma_porcupine »

Offline clanmother

• TTT
    • Micmac Lock
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 06:37:06 am »
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 01:07:47 am by clanmother »
TTT

Offline NDN_Outlaw

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 06:42:57 am »
I can identify very strongly with the suffering many have experienced in our country (Canada). Outrage is probably the healthiest response to oppression. You are standing up to it and you have not given up but there is something else very disturbing to me. You mention three thumbs. I have seen this before and it is most often an indicator of a child born of incest. I don't say this to degrade you. You are a survivor and for that you stand tall.

Offline clanmother

• TTT
    • Micmac Lock
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 07:12:45 am »
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 01:08:16 am by clanmother »
TTT

Offline bls926

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 02:31:35 pm »
bls926 - I am new to this site. I came to assist someone elses investigation and I was personally attacked myself. I did not intend on going to other forums, but, this visit was a call of duty. My natural instinct activated my defence mechanism. A legal brief has been written on it, called: What colour is the reasonable man? Meaning what may be reasonable to one culture may be totally unreasonable to another - vice versa. I apologize if I came off harsh & gruff. Thanks for reminding me. Hard life! - I owe you one. lol. All my respect.

Ardy, you weren't attacked. People wondered who you were and asked for clarification. Yes, you did become defensive, which only made us wonder all the more. Everyone who comes to NAFPS supposedly "in a good way" is not who they say they are. We've been fooled before, temporarily at least. We've had a "Native American attorney working with the United Nations" who wasn't even a lawyer or Indian. We've had "Representatives" of their Nation who weren't enrolled in or acknowledged by the Nation they claimed to represent. We've had "Diplomats", "Elders", "Activists" who weren't who they said they were. We've learned to be cautious and ask questions.

Offline clanmother

• TTT
    • Micmac Lock
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2009, 03:31:05 pm »
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 01:08:50 am by clanmother »
TTT