Author Topic: Roy 'Littlesun' Steevensz at UK hippie festival  (Read 9897 times)

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

Roy 'Littlesun' Steevensz at UK hippie festival
« on: June 09, 2005, 06:26:59 pm »
Just last week: wish I'd known earlier.

http://www.theonenesscelebration.co.uk/default.asp?pageid=76

Edit: it seems it was cancelled. Payback for their ripping-off of native cultures?

http://london.tribe.net/event/e59aa0f7-1e11-45f4-aac3-c9f5ef3d05bc
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by Barnaby_McEwan »

Offline 180IQ

• The Caretaker
  • I never sleep
Re: Roy 'Littlesun' Steevensz at UK hippie festiva
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 11:59:40 pm »
Why do you say it was cancelled? From the latest posts at their carpooling group on Yahoo:

"wow that festival was brilliant, thanks to everyone who made it happen. I only lived 2 miles away! I wish I could have kept in contact with some people but who knows, may see you all somewhere sometime ;)"

"Yeah - great vibes there, definitely! Pity we were there just for two days. See you again sometime, somewhere."

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/onenesscarshare/
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by admin »

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 03:12:52 pm »
Why do you say it was cancelled?

Because at the second link I gave above, the page says
This event has been cancelled by the host.

I guess that page was wrong.

Offline 180IQ

• The Caretaker
  • I never sleep
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 06:44:00 am »
I guess it's also possible those folks just wanted to make it appear to have happened when in fact it did not. I noticed the Yahoo group had only 7 members and not much went on there.

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 08:21:08 am »
I can't think why they'd want to do that: I doubt very much whether they'd mind people knowing it was cancelled. Maybe they were talking about an earlier festival; there was one last year with the same name.

This is bugging me now: if it happened, the site was about 40 miles from me. I'll ask around.

Offline RobintheDruid

• May the Force be with you!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 11:29:49 am »
Hi everyone, as a sort of side issue to this topic, but perhaps related to the theme, just to let you know that I'm due to go to a 'pow wow' on 10-11 July this year at West Knoyle, Wiltshire, UK. Normally I would go to Priddy Folk Festival instead, but following Dr Al's talk in Glastonbury a few weeks back, I thought I would go along and check this out.

Its bound to be full of 'plastic shamans' and fake sweat lodges etc so if I get the opportunity I might say something about the importance of following one's own culture and traditions rather than stealing someone else's.

I would be grateful if anyone out there would tell me know who/what to look out for. I am also willing to act as anyones' 'voice', so that I can tell people just how annoying it is that New Agers are stealing Native American culture. So if you want me to say anything, just let me know your opinions and I will duly deliver them when/if I get a suitable opportunity.

Best wishes

Robin
Robin the Druid