Author Topic: Very Sad News  (Read 13639 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Very Sad News
« on: November 16, 2009, 01:38:52 pm »
One of our longtime moderators, Frederica Bickle, has passed on.

A family member will be checking her account from time to time, so condolences may be sent there.

I will remember a woman who was always thoughtful and always spoke with calm and grace no matter the issue.

She will be missed. Our prayers and best wishes to the family and friends.

Offline Ric_Richardson

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Very Sad News
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 01:44:48 pm »
My Prayers are with her and her family!
Ric

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 03:04:24 pm »
i'm sorry to hear.  Thoughts and heart for her, her family and friends.
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 03:36:59 pm »
I'm sorry to hear Frederica passed on. I'd noticed she hadn't been around for a while , and I wondered if she was OK.

I hope her family finds some comfort in the part of her that continues on, through the words and insight she shared here.

I'm not sure about the idea of Frederica's family member continuing to use the account which is in her name.  It seems there is likely to be a problem in that people will continue to PM Frederica's account thinking they are talking to Frederica,  and that they are talking to a moderator, when in fact the info is going else where.

I know there is some small details I told Frederica in private , which I chose to share with Frederica, and that I wouldn't want anyone who wasn't a longtime trusted member of NAFPS to know. And I would imagine other people might have shared similar info and have similar feelings.

So if a family member has access to Frederica's private messages, that could make some people feel uncomfortable.

Sorry to be thinking practical at a time like this, but, wouldn't it be better if Frederica's account was closed and Frederica's family member opened a new account for themselves, and introduced themselves? Then people could say hi and express their condolences directly.

Offline ska

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 04:14:12 pm »
Prayers for the sister who has passed on.

My condolences and prayers for her dear family.

ska

apukjij

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 04:32:09 pm »
my condolences to her family!

Offline tachia

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 07:17:54 pm »
sad news indeed .. our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends at this most difficult time ..

she will certainly be missed by us here .. she always tried very hard to be objective and was always helpful when i went to her with a problem .. i am saddened by this news of her passing .. .. ..

i also have to agree with moma, though none of us likes to be practical at times like this .. i know from first hand experience in my own life that not being practical when someone passes from us, expecting others to be respectful and do the right thing .. does not always happen and often has dire consequences .. i think that in our grief we tend to want very much to believe in the "humanity" of others, the niceness, the caring and compassion, etc .. .. unfortunately it does not always work out that way in the end  .. i think a good many of us shared very private things with frederica that we would not want just anyone reading or knowing about .. .. with this in mind i agree that her account should be closed and another opened for her family  ..

much love and prayers for her family and friends .. she was a valued and trusted friend of many of us here ..

Offline wolfhawaii

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 07:17:10 am »
My condolences to her family, friends, and colleagues. I agree with what has been said above  regarding the necessity of privacy. She will be missed.

Offline LittleOldMan

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 10:22:46 am »
prayers ascend "LittleOldMan"
Blind unfocused anger is unproductive and can get you hurt.  Controlled and focused anger directed tactically wins wars. Remember the sheath is not the sword.

Offline bls926

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 01:10:30 pm »
My thoughts and prayers are with Frederica's family and friends.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 03:39:10 pm »
My condolences to her family and friends. Thoughts and prayers are with her loved ones.

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 06:23:32 pm »
So sorry to hear this!

Wishing her family and closest friends a safe journey through times of pain and sadness.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 06:58:56 pm »
Prayers, thanks, and condolences for Frederica and all her loved ones.

She made a difference in the world. Her work was, and is, appreciated. May her loved ones on the other side welcome her with joy and celebration of her life. SlĂ inte Mhath.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 09:17:50 pm »
Oh My  :'(
In Spirit

Offline MaryWhiteWolf

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 02:54:13 am »
My deepest, heartfelt condolences go out to her family, friends, neighbors and colleagues. She will most certainly be missed. I found her to be very informative and kind. I shall miss her and her posts. May she be welcomed into the arms of Creator and look down upon us with love and fondness.

MaryWhiteWolf