Author Topic: When I get more info, I will post  (Read 5278 times)

Offline gogv

• golanvcrow
When I get more info, I will post
« on: December 09, 2008, 12:02:25 am »
If you like.
golanvgogv

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: When I get more info, I will post
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 01:14:43 am »
Hi gogv

When I first read this thread and your post of 3 words i thought it was kind of odd, but then I thought about it and realized in your round about way you may be raising a good question.

The last time you were here,  you tried to report that some people who post here , acting like they are against frauds, were actually involved in fraud themselves, and as i recall you felt attacked and like nobody listened.

I don't think anyone should have an expereince like that. It might be an idea to first try to talk to the moderators about what you saw and make sure you can clearly communicate the main issues , and be understood.

Another option is to PM the people posting here who you think would be interested in helping research what you are noticing.

If people are not going to like what you are saying it is probably wise to try and have some evidence such as links to webpages or screen shots so you can prove what you are saying and you don't get sucked into a big fight you can't win when people try and deny it.

I can prove lots of stuff showing people I find annoying aren't being completely truthful about themselves , or that they are petty exploiters, and I don't bother posting it.

I figure the world is full of annoying people and I have better things to do than try to change their personalities ( I have a zero sucess rate and many years of trying ) . Probably nobody is completely truthful all the time and we all probably tend to put emphasis on some aspects of who we are and try and forget about the stuff we don't feel good about. Unless people are spreading misinformation, or in a position of public trust or are wrongly imagining they are entitled to resources that belong to Native people or they claim to represent Native people in some kind of a political way ,  I don't see a lot of point in verifying or challenging these claims one way or another .

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 01:27:21 am by Moma_porcupine »

Offline gogv

• golanvcrow
Re: When I get more info, I will post
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 03:13:24 am »
Osiyo

LOL, I see that and I posted this about a POWWOW in March. When I get more information I will post it. I need a proof reader I think.

You are right about going to the ADMINS first. I have told you via e-mail that I am fairly new to all of this. I am not a forum, blog, or chat enthusiast. I tried but it was more of a gossip fest and a control freaks heaven. I am learning as I go along and I am a quick study.  I also had no idea who exactly to go to first when I first came in. I was directed here by someone and coached. I also saw my work being displayed as someone else’s and they were getting the credit. I feel I tried to explain and instead I was left fending off people.

A lot of my knowledge also is not from 2nd hand or 3rd or 4th. Most of my experiences are first hand either by me associating with the person in question, calling people and places, and asking question of whoever’s associates.  I had what I had about a person and I was looking for who this person was working for. I found her and I also took all my information I gathered about her and hunted her down. I knew long before anyone here she was a fake but you all had to find that out on your own I guess.

If I have links to support my claims you can count on me supplying them. I banned 2 people from my Social Site today because they are friends with this person I have no respect for. I don’t need the drama that comes with her nor do my users.  I also feel she should make her own profile and face me woman to woman. Don’t send in your wannabe spies.

I am aware this is the internet and people are not whom they seem to be. Also I know some only have courage behind the monitors. I picked all this up because I am retired and I wanted to do something for All American Indians and my People. I at first entered the internet playing and surfing. I came onto the Internet Scene in 2003. Then I ran into sites where I just about died. I could not believe all the misinformation out there and there are no real places for NDN’s to go. I have to say I had a lot of crash and burn experiences but I will learn from my mistakes and never do that again.

I calmed down and hopefully others calmed down. I was surprised and relieved that finally someone saw what I already knew and did see.

The tactic used on me when I first came in was not a good one because you loose good people that way. I learned from Itza that AIM learned that violence and anger got us nowhere. Then he told me to sit back and watch the other minority groups and see how far they have gotten. Look we have Obama as our President! I never thought I would see that day or anyone in the future. Itza also told me to go back to School and get educated and get a Government job and work from the inside out. When I am done with that, I can take what I learned to make our lives better. He is wise to see that.  The GOON mentality does not work and it will cause us to turn and walk away.

I stayed away too until recently after receiving an e-mail. I was upset to see my name getting dragged into things I never did. I also did not like seeing I was friends with someone I was not either. I will try to do the format you all use. But is it okay to raise a question or questions without having facts first? It is what I call brain storming. You might think of something I never thought of and cause me to look in that direction too.

Also, when someone first comes into this site, people have to realize they might not know their way around or what was covered or how to search. Maybe they do and they still have not found the answer they are seeking. To tell someone in a cold way that it was already resolved or talked about, is wrong. Instead, in a nice way direct them into the right directions. I know some might have hurt some here, but not all the new people are the ones who hurt you. If someone is misinformed about someone here, direct them in the right direction without cutting their heads off. I am not someone from anyone’s past and I am not the one who hurt anyone here or elsewhere. That probably is true about others and I have seen in my reading that there were.

I also feel that educating people on the right way is the best way. People are searching for a sense of peace and harmony. I learned a whole lot in the Longest Walk 2. I am honored that I taught them that there is a sacred burial ground here in PA and it has lots of Indian Children from all Nations and Nations that have been wiped out. I heard one of the Children say, “This is like Wounded Knee but on the East Coast.???  He was very right and the jail and Building where the Children lived and died caused all of us to cry. I live here 24/7 and I have to drive by the cemetery everyday. It is a constant reminder of all the Nations and my own. I take care of that burial site and I do my ceremonies there on special days and I did the Prayer Ceremony in the Apache way this Navajo man taught me. He wanted me to do it in honor of his wife who is Apache.

I babbled on long enough so I will end here. I am not anyone’s enemy and I come in peace. Wado for your warm welcome Moma_porcupine.

Hi gogv

When I first read this thread and your post of 3 words i thought it was kind of odd, but then I thought about it and realized in your round about way you may be raising a good question.

The last time you were here,  you tried to report that some people who post here , acting like they are against frauds, were actually involved in fraud themselves, and as i recall you felt attacked and like nobody listened.

I don't think anyone should have an expereince like that. It might be an idea to first try to talk to the moderators about what you saw and make sure you can clearly communicate the main issues , and be understood.

Another option is to PM the people posting here who you think would be interested in helping research what you are noticing.

If people are not going to like what you are saying it is probably wise to try and have some evidence such as links to webpages or screen shots so you can prove what you are saying and you don't get sucked into a big fight you can't win when people try and deny it.

I can prove lots of stuff showing people I find annoying aren't being completely truthful about themselves , or that they are petty exploiters, and I don't bother posting it.

I figure the world is full of annoying people and I have better things to do than try to change their personalities ( I have a zero sucess rate and many years of trying ) . Probably nobody is completely truthful all the time and we all probably tend to put emphasis on some aspects of who we are and try and forget about the stuff we don't feel good about. Unless people are spreading misinformation, or in a position of public trust or are wrongly imagining they are entitled to resources that belong to Native people or they claim to represent Native people in some kind of a political way ,  I don't see a lot of point in verifying or challenging these claims one way or another .

golanvgogv