General > Research Needed

Roy Barnes

<< < (5/7) > >>

earthw7:
ok now ??? how can an Algonquin ok a sun dance? What happen to their way of life why steal another culture?
This so called elder who be called in indian country because is not how you do things. What do you know of my culture and language for all i know you guys are saying AHO my pet peeve this kiowa word has spread across the new ager world. Are you an expert on my Lakota way life? So 2turtles i bet you are not enrolled into a tribe another white guy who was damaged in life has been taken in by a fraud.

AClockworkWhite:

--- Quote from: earthw7 on August 13, 2014, 12:37:48 pm ---it is unlikely that an individual who was adopted raised by white people and then comes back to be a medicine man.
as It is said here it takes a life time of training,
remember you are not native unless you know your family

--- End quote ---
THIS is absolutely true. Especially the part about making a person who did not grow up in the community nor speak the language into a medicine person. I'm smelling a fraud defending a fraud here.

AnnOminous:

--- Quote from: earthw7 on August 13, 2014, 12:37:48 pm ---remember you are not native unless you know your family

--- End quote ---

I'm not going to read this thread and so maybe I'm missing some context. But this statement is appalling.

How can you claim such a thing given the '60s scoop and residential schools?

Maybe this statement is true for you as an individual person, earthw7, but you cannot and must not speak for other people, nations, bands, and countries. Claim your own truth (even if it is bigoted and ignorant) but Do Not speak like an authority figure for others. To make sweeping statements like this is inexcusable.

Keely:

--- Quote from: AnnOminous on August 25, 2015, 06:41:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: earthw7 on August 13, 2014, 12:37:48 pm ---remember you are not native unless you know your family

--- End quote ---

I'm not going to read this thread and so maybe I'm missing some context. But this statement is appalling.

How can you claim such a thing given the '60s scoop and residential schools?
I
Maybe this statement is true for you as an individual person, earthw7, but you cannot and must not speak for other people, nations, bands, and countries. Claim your own truth (even if it is bigoted and ignorant) but Do Not speak like an authority figure for others. To make sweeping statements like this is inexcusable.

--- End quote ---

Earth and I are not of the same tribe, but my people believe the same. As does everyone I know. Now, the "scoop" took place long before the 60's. The stolen children are always welcomed home again. "Residential schools "? That didn't break who your family is. I was sent to Indian boarding school, and I know who my family is, I know who my tribe is. Earth's statement was far from "bigoted" or "arrogant "
You should not come here and tell others how to speak, not when those people are enrolled members of their tribe and this board is for Indian people to discuss frauds.

Bears Ghost:
How can you learn your culture or medicine ways if you don't know your family or tribe's medicine people?  It's our families who tell us who the trusted medicine/holy people in the community are. You are only a leader if someone follows you, only a medicine person if your people trust you and the medicine you carry. I myself am a Pabaksa Dakotah, and what Earth says is absolutely true throughout ndn country among the many tribes my friends and family are from. Bigotry and ignorance are the reason we tell people that you need to know who your family and tribe are. Otherwise, you're just telling a story that you heard in your family or made up yourself to feel connected to something bigger than the person you are. Cherokee/ndn gr-gr-gr-gr-great grandparents story is long worn out. Prove your story with truth or stop telling it. Simple.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version