Author Topic: Hello from Epiphany - Washington State USA  (Read 3456 times)

Epiphany

Hello from Epiphany - Washington State USA
« on: April 07, 2011, 02:50:22 pm »
I knew a little about new age fraud and cultural appropriation, but Bennie LeBeau/Blue Thunder's recent activities in the Pacific Northwest have me fired up. Now that I'm actively reading and learning I see new age fraud most everywhere. Doing what I can to learn and help pass on the word, especially to other non-indigenous folks. 

I notice that some people get really really defensive and angry when questioned about their participation in rip-off groups. Reminds me of dysfunctional family and cult group dynamics. Members see anyone who dares question as the enemy.

Grateful for this site and forum, learning a lot, thank you.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Hello from Epiphany - Washington State USA
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 01:34:40 am »
Welcome to the board. Couple of other frauds in this area, "Walks With Thunder" a real name Andy Rodriguez and Roy Wilson aka "Bear Who Talks Much." Rodriguez claims he was made a shaman in South Dakota  by mowing a lawn in Pine Ridge and reading Mary Summer Rain books.  :o  Wilson was a white methodist minister who didn't have a drop of Indian in him (his own words) who suddenly became Cowlitz. According to some who have seen is genealogy, the real one, he is not only NOT Cowlitz, he really is a white man with no Indian blood.

Epiphany

Re: Hello from Epiphany - Washington State USA
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 02:12:34 pm »
Thank you! I didn't know about these two. Found their websites and reading through info on them here too.