Author Topic: Citations for the website  (Read 7360 times)

Offline happyez

Citations for the website
« on: April 26, 2007, 03:23:12 pm »
Hey guys

The website is great, and keep it going. I reckon the more indigenous people I hear speak out about what seems to be taking advantage of the culture, the more I learn.

An idea for the site would be to cite sources for some of the statements. Not only does it increase the credibility but it also gives me links to go to do my own research. I can see that so-and-so is truly fraudulent, and I can make a note on my computer, so I can go back to it.

Maybe you already have it on another page, but it may just reduce this sites' pages by 1.

Otherwise, no complaints (oh other than the other pages wont come up - get an error message 404, but I can read what you are about...). Keep it goin'!
Eric, Berlin

Laurel

Re: Citations for the website
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 05:55:18 pm »
Eric,

As an academic type, I love this idea.  And really, nothing says "fraud" like certain of the images and buzzwords these folks use over and over again.

The only problem I can see is that links to the sites of frauds would have to be constantly rechecked and updated.  I've been to sites that do include such links, and it seems that once a fraud's website has drawn attention from someone like NAFPS, the site is taken down or moved and/or reposted under a new name.  These folks are slippery.

I do post links to sites I bring to NAFPS' attention (see the thread on Francine Straight-Arrow for example).  Is that what you mean, or is there another style/type of citation/documentation you'd like to see?

(Disclaimer:  I'm a complete noob and have no influence on the appearance of the site per se--I'm just curious.)

Laurel

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Citations for the website
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 08:47:15 pm »
I do my best to always quote from the sites and include links. For those not in academia it might be asking a lot, but some of our longtime members do it anyway. The eventual goal is to have an encycloepedic guide, along with a series of essays, based on the work done in here all these years.

I know frauds change their sites in response to what we do. (Scarlet Kinney is probably the best example of that.) Outside of constantly taking screen shots (which would sure add a lot of work), not sure what else we could do.