Author Topic: Bufo Deaths & Fraud Involving Toad “Shamans” Octavio Rettig & Gerry Sandoval  (Read 44051 times)

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Dr. Octavio Rettig (The Toad Prophet)
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 05:49:42 pm »
Of course no one brought the toad anywhere, this clearly shows your lack of understanding.
... Come visit sometime we'll have a beer ( vegan, organic, freetrade only)

After so many years working to stop appropriation and desecration in our communities, after years of abusive, entitled, disgusting colonising creeps like Rob/rjc here posting their ignorant, racist screeds, some days it's hard to stay in a place of prayer. It can be hard to stay focused on peace.

I assumed this dude was so out of touch with the Earth that they weren't hauling amphibians from South America to Ireland. Not that doing such a thing would be at all OK, either, but it's typical of these white dudes to be that out of touch with the spirits and land and waters and beings where they are. They prefer their drugged and drunken hallucinations and chaotic dissonance over humble, traditional ways of respecting and honouring the spirits of the land. Any land. And respect for the  traditional people who are the keepers of those ways never enters their diseased, drunken minds. They only see Indigenous people as obstacles or objects to exploit for secrets they can steal then cast aside like used toilet paper. It's evident by everything they do and say, as seen above.

Men like this are full of violence and projection and privilege. Travelling the world to violate other people's boundaries and sacred sites, attempting to drag the mangled ways they've vultured from one culture into the ceremonial areas of another land they've invaded. So rootless and spiritually bereft they have to seek out fraudulent teachers and "Toad Shamans" via the Internet, flying in on airplanes and relying on social media for advice, yet bizarrely denigrating traditional people and Indigenous educators who maintain a simple website to educate about the harms of these mistakes.

I'm always tempted to simply delete these racist screeds. But since this is so typical of the whitesplaining appropriators who keep the frauds in business, who think they own everything from the people, to the spiritual ways, to the lands they violate and desecrate, I guess we might as well leave it up as an example of the disrespect we see every day.

Right after spewing at us, Rob here changed his email to try to hide his identity. I'm not re-activating his account. He's said his piece. It's clear what he is.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Dr. Octavio Rettig (The Toad Prophet)
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 07:15:35 pm »
Rob, you should be ashamed of yourself. But I don't think you are capable of feeling shame or remorse. Maybe one drunken night the spirits will finally notice you and take some action. I hope they do.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Octavio Rettig (The Toad Prophet)
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 07:50:59 pm »
Clearly I'm dealing with [childish personal attack].

I don't know Octavio personally. I'm sure he is a flawed human being like the rest of us. I understand he is a somewhat controversial figure and yes probably quite driven in his approach. I don't think his approach will suit everyone, its true. All I'm saying is that  my personal experience of him and of this medicine were positive. Other people may have other opinions, but that's ok. I don't claim he's perfect.
I accept your right to disagree with me.

"qualified psychotherapist." The term is meaningless, at least in the US

The US is not the centre of the universe, you must be [juvenile crack]. I clearly stated I was in Ireland.
With your [childish ignorant attack] how am I supposed to take you seriously when you talk about the internal politics of the seri people?

I'll give you one piece of advice for free [cheesy Nuage cliche]. Maybe one day  I'll meet you guys hanging out in Rishikesh singing kirtan [more childishness]

Extreme narcissism

My experience of extreme narcissism, is some one who reacts with anger to anyone who disagrees with them, like for example your president or [yet more childishness].

You brought those poor toads to the cold climate of Ireland, and made them suffer,

Fair point.  Hilarious though. Of course no one brought the toad anywhere, this clearly shows [yet more personal attacks].
But at least we agree on something [irrelevant nonsense]

It's hard to believe Rob Coffey is an adult, much less a supposed therapist. Confrontational, threatening, verbally abusive, immature, flirting with racism, and much like Rettig, piling on one falsehood after another.

An actual therapist with an actual practice or academic standing would not get defensive and refuse to show any credentials or degrees. He would not fill post after post with the verbal equivalent of spit and vomit. Clearly he is not a doctor at all. Clearly Mr. Coffey is in far more need of therapy than anyone who might have the misfortune to have gotten counseling from him.

Offline Sparks

Re: Octavio Rettig (The Toad Prophet)
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 02:25:59 am »
It's hard to believe Rob Coffey is an adult, much less a supposed therapist. Confrontational, threatening, verbally abusive, immature, flirting with racism, and much like Rettig, piling on one falsehood after another.

Interestingly, I found a page where one Rob Coffey claims to be a psychotherapist:

Inward Bound Nature Therapy Mental and Physical Wellbeing
Location Dublin, Ireland
Members 235
Organizers Rob C.
[ "I'm a very experienced outdoor guide ( Mountaineering Ireland Mountain Leader) and psychotherapist (IACP preaccredited). I believe nature connection is essenti...".]

What we're about
Public Group
We all need nature connection in our lives to slow down, ground, connect to ourselves and with others. To remain balanced and with good mental and physical health we need to reconnect with nature.

This meet up will be a series of nature connection hikes and events facilitated by Rob Coffey, Ireland's only Mountaineering Ireland Mountain Leader and psychotherapist ( IACP pre-accredited)

I bolded the last paragraph. Now what does "IACP pre-accredited" mean? I find no Mr. Coffey on their list of Accredited Members:

iacp Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
Find a Counsellor / Psychotherapist
Search results: 2361 therapists matching your search criteria.

Offline Sparks

Re: Rob Coffey & Octavio Rettig (The Toad Prophet)
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 02:42:27 am »
A further notice about Rob Coffey found in a link in my previous post:

Inward Bound Nature Therapy Mental and Physical Wellbeing

Rob C. Organizer
Organizer since: September 5, 2017

Introduction
I'm a very experienced outdoor guide ( Mountaineering Ireland Mountain Leader) and psychotherapist (IACP preaccredited). I believe nature connection is essential for mental and physical well being

Member of 5 other Meetups

Dublin Men's Empowerment Group
    Organizer

Celtic Wheel Gatherings

Gnostic Studies

ManKind Project Dublin

Soul Seminars

For more about the ManKind Project see this thread in the forum:

The ManKind Project - Misogynist Pretendian Cult - England

Offline RJPatrick

Lots of publicity over the past few weeks about deaths and fraud related to two Bufo alvarius facilitators, Octavio Rettig and Gerry Sandoval.

This open letter (sitting with over 400 signatures) compiles all the allegations and evidence: https://5-meo-dmt-malpractice.org

This is an article that summarises the allegations: https://entheonation.com/blog/death-fraud-octavio-rettig-gerry-sandoval/

Here are the statements from the World Bufo Congress on Octavio Rettig and Gerry Sandoval: http://beyondpsychedelics.cz/malpractice-allegations-statements-on-bufo-alvarius-facilitators-octavio-rettig-and-gerry-sandoval/

It has also been posted on Toad, Whale & Sun: http://toadwhalesun.com/octavio-rettig-gerry-sandoval/

What's concerning, alongside the deaths related to Octavio Rettig's negligence, and the abuses related to Gerry Sandoval, is the fact that these facilitators often set themselves up as practitioners of ancient indigenous knowledge - which is a lie, considering there is no evidence that Bufo has ever been used by indigenous peoples.

Offline RJPatrick

These are Octavio's upcoming ceremony dates in Europe. It will be important to post them here so that unaware people searching for him through google will be directed to this site and made aware of his negligent behaviours.

July 11th - July 15th 2019 (Barcelona)
July 19th - July 23rd 2019 (Barcelona)

Offline Sparks

Now there is a relevant topic with much information about harmful exploitation of toads in the Sonoran Desert:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=5556.0 [A hallucinogenic toad in peril]

The present topic about Toad “Shamans” Octavio Rettig Hinojosa ("The Toad Prophet”) and Gerardo R. Sandoval Isaac needs updating.