Author Topic: Call to Action - Crowther Appearance  (Read 19456 times)

Offline Twinkie_Slayer

Call to Action - Crowther Appearance
« on: December 27, 2010, 07:39:57 pm »
Prophet's conference

Kiesha Crowther is scheduled to appear at "The Prophets Conference" http://greatmystery.org/events/ps2011.html

Where: Palm Springs, California
When: Friday, February 25th 2011 - Tuesday, March 1st 2011.

Ms. Crowther is scheduled to present workshops on Saturday, Feb 26th, from 9:00 to 10:00 AM and again and Tuesday, March 1st, from 1:00 to 3:30 PM.

The costs for attending the workshops for Ms. Crowther are $85.00 for Saturday, and $100.00 for Tuesday. The price for the entire conference is $295.00

This is an opportunity to voice opposition to the exploitative activities of Kiesha Crowther, AKA "Little Grandmother" by calling or emailing and requesting that they terminate their association with Ms. Crowther.

Phone: US and Canada (1) 505-796-4023
UK (44) 020 8123
Email: prophets@greatmystery.org

In communicating with the organizers of this event, is very important to be firm but reasonable and polite in tone. It's possible the organizers have no idea Crowther is a fraud. It's possible they will be willing to cancel her appearance if given the truth.

Stick to the facts. Point out her false and hurtful claims (repeated in the linked flyer for the event) of having been "made shaman of the Sioux and Salish tribes", and the statements from the Salish and Kootenai tribes disavowing any knowledge of, or association with her.

Point out her appropriation of  Native American cultural imagery , i.e. the use of the pipe, her manner of dress and the language she uses.

Insist that they terminate Ms. Crowther's engagement, and inform them if they refuse to do so that there WILL be people on site to peacefully protest her during the event.

DO NOT: Engage in threats of disruptive behavior or violence, name calling, or accusations that are not supported by evidence.

Official Statement from Salish Elders Regarding Kiesha Crowther

"The Culture and Elders Committee of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation protect the intangible cultural resources of the tribes including language, songs, stories etc.

"No tribal Elders or elders have met with nor do they condone the claims and actions made by Kiesha Crowther.

"She is not their 'shaman', she has no right to claim this title and the Elders and elders of CSKT of the Flathead Reservation would like her to cease and desist immediately from making such false claims that erode the traditions that members of the CSKT Culture and Elders Committee are trying to preserve."

The posting of this statement came with the permission and urging of the Salish elders. Anyone doubting this message's authenticity can contact the Flathead Reservation.

Video by an Oglala woman that includes the statement juxtaposed with Crowther speaking her claims: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juoD2CdHBAM&feature=player_embedded

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Call to Action - Crowther Appearance
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 08:40:10 pm »
Thanks for posting this.

Here's Crowther's publicity for the conference. She's still making the absurd claims and posing for even more absurd photos:

http://www.greatmystery.org/nl/ps2011littleg.html

"We Are All Divine Creators by Little Grandmother

"Kiesha Crowther, also known as "Little Grandmother," was initiated as shaman at age 30 by her mother's tribe (Sioux/Salish), and has been recognized by the Continental Council of Indigenous Elders as Wisdom Keeper of North America, responsible for guiding the "Tribe of Many Colors.""
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:00:48 am by Kathryn »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 09:36:13 pm »
People have been calling the number for the event organizers, above, and as soon as they say they are calling about Crowther, they are getting hung up on.

The general opinion is that Crowther's backers are involved in organizing this, and are answering the phone, at least today. We're still calling them, but also need to focus on the building where it's to take place:

Palm Springs Convention Center
277 N Avenida Caballeros
Palm Springs CA 92262
Toll Free: 800-333-7535
Phone: 760-325-6611

James Canfield
Executive Director
P: 760-322-8400
F: 760-778-4102
jcanfield@palmspringscc.com

http://www.palmspringscc.com/cn/page/Contact-Us/12768?ls=12367
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:03:32 am by Kathryn »

Offline AlaskaGrl

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 10:57:20 pm »
thank you,

Will work on doing this after dinner tonight....   Is there an AIM Chapter there and or Support Group?

Lindaa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 11:49:30 pm »
Some chapters and members are involved, but this is a grassroots effort by multiple groups and individuals.

Offline AlaskaGrl

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 01:44:13 am »

OK I'm writing my e-mail letters....     If everyone here could write a letter to them.....

Lindaa

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 02:34:57 am »
There are 2 reservations in the area. I don't know anyone from them, or in the area, but maybe they would like to be informed? Also, maybe a newspaper in the area would be willing to write an article on her being a fraud and a liar?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 03:22:19 am »
People in the area are working on that :)

And for media, feel free to add any to this thread. Here's one of the local papers:

The Desert Sun

http://www.mydesert.com/section/feedback/Feedback

* Main number (760) 322-8889
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:04:01 am by Kathryn »

Offline nemesis

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 11:17:05 am »
Domain ID:D2226117-LROR
Domain Name:GREATMYSTERY.ORG
Created On:19-Oct-1998 04:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On:21-Aug-2010 06:57:06 UTC
Expiration Date:18-Oct-2011 04:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Network Solutions LLC (R63-LROR)
Registrant ID:23095440-NSIV
Registrant Name:Axiom
Registrant Organization:Axiom
Registrant Street1:ATTN insert domain name here
Registrant Street2:care of Network Solutions
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Drums
Registrant State/Province:PA
Registrant Postal Code:18222
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.5707088780
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:
Admin ID:23095441-NSIV
Admin Name:Robin Johnson
Admin Organization:Axiom
Admin Street1:ATTN insert domain name here
Admin Street2:care of Network Solutions
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Drums
Admin State/Province:PA
Admin Postal Code:18222
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.5707088780
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:
Tech ID:23095441-NSIV
Tech Name:Robin Johnson
Tech Organization:Axiom
Tech Street1:ATTN insert domain name here
Tech Street2:care of Network Solutions
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Drums
Tech State/Province:PA
Tech Postal Code:18222
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.5707088780
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:
Name Server:NS1.NMSRV.COM
Name Server:NS2.NMSRV.COM
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
DNSSEC:Unsigned

The main person behind the website would seem to be Robin Johnson (female)

You can find her name popping up in various web pages relating to the Great Mystery, Axiom Conferences and The Prophets Conference.

If anyone doubts that this is a business primarily they can check out this page offering people the chance to make $$$$$ for referrals to their courses

REVENUE STREAM
Direct and Indirect Commissions.
This is an easy and fun way to make money and at the same time you will be spreading a little light in people’s lives. What could be better? We offer a 20% commission on conferences, workshops and lectures. The registration fees range from $475 to $195 for our conferences, so the money you earn can be significant. You will receive a $100 commission for each person who registers through you for our amazing tours such as Peru and Egpyt, and 10% on the tour in England.
Get your friends involved. If you have an Affiliate sign up under you, they will earn a 20% commission, and you will earn 10% from their sales that you referred indirectly for all conferences, workshops, and lectures.

http://greatmystery.org/affiliates.html

This page also provides a UK telephone number:

UK
Tel: (44) 020 8123 5108

The same phone number pops up on a UK website here
http://www.johnperkins.org/?page_id=23

where, if you scroll down to the bottom, further (US?) telephone numbers of provided

For more information: Call (1)888-777-5981 (1)888-777-5981 or (44)020 8123 5108 email: adventures AT greatmystery.org

The same UK phone number 020 8123 5108 is also the contact number for a charity - pls note no charity number, I have no idea of this was once a proper registered charity but it appears to no longer be one, even if it was at one time.

Rural Child
PO Box 490, Weston-super-Mare, Avon BS23 9BS
p: 020 8123 5108  
http://www.ruralchild.info

There is another "charity" with the same name based in South Africa , I will not include the URL here as I get a warning that "this site may harm your computer", so please be careful when checking these websites out.

Also I found this page, which is interesting

http://ufoupdateslist.com/1999/mar/m24-004.shtml

Basically it starts with a communication by Cody Johnson stating that is is seriously ill and in hospital, and ends with a communication by Robin Johnson stating that Cody has died and then soliciting donations to cover the costs of medical treatment.

I feel a bit uncomfortable about drawing people's attention to such a sad communication, however there are some very important details in it.  I cannot claim to know whether Cody and Robin were / are con artists or just well meaning hippies who were themselves fooled by frauds, but the biographical details in the text reads like a who's who of frauds and newage criminals including the real filth at the bottom of the barrel; Michael Harner, Hyemeyohsts and Swan Storm and Drunvalo Melchizedek as well as various neo-tantrics and advocates of altered states via "plant medicine".

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 09:09:18 pm »
Facebook page for the "Prophets Conference": http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Prophets-Conference/111924078836385?ref=ts

Robin Johnson's public profile on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=512549725

Offline nemesis

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 09:24:51 am »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 01:56:07 am by Kathryn »

Eccentric Lady

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 04:22:38 am »
Just signed on here and I have to say, what this Crowther charlatan and others of her ilk are doing disgusts me.

Aren't there laws that are being violated regarding false advertising. What this Crowther Charlatan is doing is False Advertising and anyone that is involved in her false claims and prints information that is false, well, that is false and misleading/misrepresentation in advertising.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 01:06:53 am by Eccentric Lady »

Offline SouthwestSkeptic

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 02:23:57 am »
I have a new baby, so I won't be able to protest, but I may be able to find people in Tucson who are interested in public appearances at Crowther's events.

Are there any protests scheduled for the Feb 4-5th "Remembering Who We Are" conference at Santa Fe?

Also, I can't help noticing that the Kiesha Crowther fraud thread is missing. Has Kiesha stopped opening her heart to the universe and opened her big wallet to some ambitious attorneys?

I'm not a bird, I'm not a plane, I'm super NDN skeptic -
Debunking non-NDN bunk, one nut at a time!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 02:45:25 am »
Congratulations on the new baby!

We had a technical mishap with the Kiesha thread. Most of it should be back up now: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2871.new#new