Author Topic: Natalie Bullion  (Read 6161 times)

halokamarie84

Natalie Bullion
« on: October 28, 2020, 04:42:52 am »
The current "alleged" president of the Native American Student Association of Middle Tennessee State University, Natalie Bullion, is claiming Chickasaw ancestry and that her proof is her father's results from a "23 & Me type" commercial DNA Ancestry test.

I do know that she paid a convicted child molester who is actually a known citizen of the Chickasaw nation a tidy sum to try to fraudulently enroll her under his family line. (Anyone familiar with the 1907 Dawes Act knows that would "never fly" in 2019 at the Citizenship Office.)

So, anyone got any ideas about this blue eyed girl?

A quick google search shows she is related to Cowan family lines (an Irish name).

I mean, no skin the game lost here - I am a fully enrolled voting with a numbered CDIB issued by the Federal Government with my education being paid for by my Native Nation (#blessed) - so come what may...

I just think it's ironic that a descendent of the Indigenous of Britannia is obsessively attempting to "become an Indian". :o

Offline Sparks

Re: Natalie Bullion
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 08:58:03 pm »
Not much to find about her. She is mentioned here, and photographed in full dress. (My bolding in quote.)

https://mtsusidelines.com/2018/09/rep-your-roots-talent-show-showcases-diversity-talent-at-mtsu/

PHOTOS: REP YOUR ROOTS TALENT SHOW SHOWCASES DIVERSITY, TALENT AT MTSU
The Rep Your Roots talent show was held Friday night in MTSU’s Student Union Building from 6 to 8 p.m. The talent show called all students who had talents and wanted to show them off. There were 22 participants in the talent show, and all of them managed to surprise the crowd. There was a variety of singing, rapping, dancing and creative writing. The judging criteria was based on overall performance, audience response, stage appearance, originality and personality. The penalty for exceeding the five-minute timed performance was a 10-point deduction.
[…]
In second place was Natalie Bullion, a freshman at MTSU. Bullion’s act was a Native-American dance demonstration called the “Fancy Shawl Dance.” Bullion said the type of dance is from the Pau-Wau tribe, which wasn’t originally a dance of theirs. Bullion said she decided to enter the talent show because she had a dream in which she was dancing. She then talked to her elder, who convinced her and told her it was a way for her to tell others that the Pau-Wau people still exist.

“I came to show my culture and to represent missing and murdered indigenous women in the United States,” Bullion said.

Googling "Pau-Wau tribe" or "Pau-Wau people" yields only one hit, and that is the quoted article above. Googling "Pau-Wau" gives this result as the uppermost one of about 53,000 hits:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauwau
Pauwau or Pau wau may refer to:

Pow wow, a gathering of North American native peoples
Seel (Pokémon), a fictional species of Pokémon

Extremely strange! What's going on? I will not speculate, I hope someone knows or understands!

Offline Sparks

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 04:55:16 am »
The current "alleged" president of the Native American Student Association of Middle Tennessee State University, Natalie Bullion, is claiming Chickasaw ancestry and that her proof is her father's results from a "23 & Me type" commercial DNA Ancestry test.

I do know that she paid a convicted child molester who is actually a known citizen of the Chickasaw nation a tidy sum to try to fraudulently enroll her under his family line.
[…]
A quick google search shows she is related to Cowan family lines (an Irish name).

I think you should have included links to substantiate your information. I found some of it.

https://nativeheritageproject.com/2016/03/08/jackson-purchase-negotiations-with-the-chickasaws/

In this article, there is one response, presumably by the Natalie Bullion you are writing about::

1 Response to Jackson Purchase Negotiations with the Chickasaws
Natalie Bullion says: (January 8, 2017 at 3:44 am)
I’m so glad to have found this. My grandfather was a quarter Chickasaw and my great grandmother was born around the missisippi/tennessee border around the 1880’s. I spend every day trying to honor the ancestors some way. (And for the record, my father did obtain genetic proof of his heritage).

At Quora, there are two Natalie Bullions answering many questions about Native American matters. One of them fits the description I quoted in my previous post (“I came to show my culture and to represent missing and murdered indigenous women in the United States,” Bullion said.).

https://www.quora.com/profile/Natalie-Bullion-1

Natalie Bullion · October 16, 2019
Missing persons Correspondent (2017–present)
Why aren't Native American homicides thoroughly investigated?
In my experience working as a correspondent for MMIW(missing and murdered indigenous women) families, since it is the responsibility of the FBI to investigate when the murder occurs on a reservation(where native women get murdered up to 10x the national average), investigations are often not done so thoroughly. Depending on what reservation you’re looking at, an FBI agent may have to travel hours to reach the scene of a crime, and chances are once they get there they are going to want to get it over with and go home. Police in certain areas off the reservations have been known to not prioritize cases of any violence against native women. Where the FBI and police choose to allot their manpower has a lot to do with why these homicides aren’t thoroughly investigated.

Natalie Bullion · January 25, 2019
Missing persons Correspondent (2017–present)
Do Native Americans in the anglosphere (i.e US & Canada) feel any kinship with the populations south of Texas?
From my own personal experience, many do! This is much more common in the younger demographic, however. The concept of indigenous unity across borders is becoming more common as immigration issues heat up, in addition many Central and South Americans who are indigenous but disconnected from that heritage are starting to embrace it. The kinship feeling is not universal, but has a lot to do with personal ideologies and sometimes tribal affiliation/neliefs as well. For me personally, my tribe(Chickasaw) believes that before we migrated across the Mississippi we came from the region that is now northern Mexico, and a lot of our pre-contact culture is somewhat similar. I've heard a other people say they felt kinship based on that reasoning.

I found a YouTube video. The photo included in your post seems to be a screenshot (still) at about 0:25 of that 3 minutes video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmBSBW2Fua0

"Fancy Shawl" dance. • 25. sep. 2019
[…]
Performer Natalie Bullion. Music "Mocassin Burner".

The allegation about bribery is a very serious one. Can you substantiate it by publicly known information?

About the Cowan name, I found a 2011 obituary of one Natalie Bullion's grandmother with the Cowan name mentioned. However, it is not only Irish, but also: "Cowan is a surname of both Scottish-Irish and Jewish origins. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowan_(surname)

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 08:42:19 pm »
It sounds like someone is trying to scam her. That's not how enrollment works. Lol.

I do know that she paid a convicted child molester who is actually a known citizen of the Chickasaw nation a tidy sum to try to fraudulently enroll her under his family line. (Anyone familiar with the 1907 Dawes Act knows that would "never fly" in 2019 at the Citizenship Office.)

So, anyone got any ideas about this blue eyed girl?

I mean, no skin the game lost here - I am a fully enrolled voting with a numbered CDIB issued by the Federal Government with my education being paid for by my Native Nation (#blessed) - so come what may...

I just think it's ironic that a descendent of the Indigenous of Britannia is obsessively attempting to "become an Indian". :o

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 07:58:52 pm »
... "Indigenous of Brittania" ???

halokamarie84

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 07:17:33 pm »
https://ibb.co/Z6XPjV2

Now she is claiming Poarch Creek.

Even Deborah Maytubby was bamboozled by Natalie's revelation.

halokamarie84

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 05:40:52 pm »

If you don't want information spread on the internet don't send nearly 20 unsolicited screenshots to 3rd parties.

If you want to harbor information on an individual - don't brag about "the receipts" and then send them to the exact 3rd parties who were of several that NB posted federally issued CDIB online about wondering if the IDs were valid when NB is not enrolled....or eligible.

At the end of the day you claim she needs to be exposed for being a fake Chickasaw language instructor yet you won't do it?   Why?

That makes peoples' brain hurt.