Author Topic: NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN: Northwest Indian Treatment Center  (Read 15763 times)

Shredbones

I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding the sweat that is run at NWITC under the direction of these guys and the "Wenatchee" Sundance that they are also associated with.

I took place in one of their inipis and I saw lots of disrespect throughout the "ceremony". Just wondering if these guys are legit or if anyone has heard anything else about this place and the ceremonies these guys run?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 01:11:13 pm by educatedindian »

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
NW Indian Treatment Center is in Elma WA and is owned by Squaxin Island Tribe.

I have never heard of them. Are Kenny Farmer and Raymond Johns claiming a native identity?  If so what Tribes are they claiming?

Offline Sparks

I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding the sweat that is run at NWITC under the direction of these guys and the "Wenatchee" Sundance that they are also associated with.

There is already a 2015 thread including those persons' names and their sundance (slightly different spelling):

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4714.0 [wynoochee sundance]

Wynooche is probaly the correct spelling: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wynoochee_River

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Cooney is enrolled Skokomish, as far as I know. I have friends who have attended the Wynooche Sundance. They said that a Lakota family supported it, but I don't have any names. 

Shredbones

Cooney is enrolled Skokomish, as far as I know. I have friends who have attended the Wynooche Sundance. They said that a Lakota family supported it, but I don't have any names.

Have you heard any other information from the other user in that thread, ghost? The ceremony I was apart of was no good and may have even been harmful.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
No,  I haven't.  I don't know if any of the people that I know who used to go to ceremony still do go. When did you go? Was it recent?

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I would think so. I know many Native men and women who have gone the and are in recovery.