NAFPS Archives > Archive No. 1

NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN: Philip Young aka Philip Kansa aka Spirit Bear

<< < (2/5) > >>

milehighsalute:
i am pueblo.....we dont have names like "cloud eagle" or "red deer"......we have names like martinez and fragua and lopez and toledo and trujillo

we also dont have "spiritual teachers"....and our spirituality is VERY PRIVATE.....we even close off the rez's to non ndns during many of our events

our holymen do not team up with medicine men of other tribes and travel around taking our medicine out on the road.....we do not share "rituals" with many other ndnz as it is...and definately not non-ndnz

absolutely FALSE statement about suicide rate being epidemic in pueblo country....and while yes many of us know someone struggling with alcohol the propaganda he puts out made it sound like there are winos in every home....thats BULLSHIT

he picked nambe because they are a smaller pueblo and probaby obscure if even known to anyone outside of northern new mexico....im sure he wasnt counting on anyone checking up on him

i am going to contact the tribe and send them this link.......hopefully they will issue a statement on this stupid spirit bear guy

Ingeborg:

Philip Young is indeed still active, not only in Germany, but also in Switzerland. He seems to have dropped the use of his legal name of „Young“ and is only mentioned by „Kansa“ and/or his „ndn name“. Young is also training more shamans.

--- Quote ---Spirit Bear
Phillip Kansa (Spirit Bear) is clairvoyant, a shaman and comes from the USA. He is of Indian descent. He was trained and initiated by various shamans, so e.g. by Medizin [sic] Hawk, a shaman of the Cherokee. Due to his long spiritual path he has come into contact with the wisdom of his ancestors which he now imparts into the new era. Philip is channeling Red Deer, a loving wise Anasasi [sic] shaman, and Akanthos, a light being. His book „Soul and Psyche“ was written on this and came out in Schirner publishing house. Phillip has studied psychology and achieved a Bachelor of Science.
--- End quote ---

Schirner is a German Newage publishing house; among their authors is e.g. Sabrina Dengel (cf     ).

On the above quoted site, there are ads for events with Young, e.g. „readings“ for individuals or couples at CHF 150/€ 130.
Another event is the „Shamanic Healing Circle with Spirit Bear“:

--- Quote ---Up-to-date messages from the spirit world on 2012 and on personal issues. Shamanic knowledge and techniques to feel and „take-away“.
--- End quote ---

This is a 4-hour-event priced at CHF 110/€ 90 per participant. The „readings“ were dd. Oct 9-12, 2012, while the „healing circle“ took place Oct 14, 2012.

An earlier ad for events dated March 2012 also carried a CV for Young's wife Elke Kirchner:

--- Quote ---Elke Kirchner is clairvoyant and walks the path of the shaman. She is channeling Uriel, an angel being, and is in contact with light beings and angels. Elke leads people to their true self, dissolves their blockages and barriers in a loving way. Additionally, she is influenced by the authors L. Hay and C. Spezzano in her work. Both seminar leaders are intermediaries between the earthy material and the light-filled spirit world.
--- End quote ---
Emphasis mine

The events announced are an „Angels' Seminar“ with Kirchner, and another „Shamanic Healing Circle with Spirit Bear“ on March 2, resp March 4, 2012.

The site (Shamanic Rheintal) also offer remote treatment of animals after you send them a photo of the animal.
The site and the enterprise is being run by Martin Matt, his partner Marianne Biedermann, and his brothers Michael and Thomas.

Both Young and Kirchner are also doing events organised by bookshop Wrage in Hamburg, a well-established Newage bookshop. (The shop started out in the 70ies as a collective and was well-known for its supply of both English and German language Sci-Fi books; they also had a reputable supply of books on indigenous peoples worldwide. During the 80ies, the Newage members eventually managed to get rid of those members of the collective responsible for these sections and turned the project into a Newage bookshop. The shop has been in private ownership since then. Wrage also operates a seminar centre and organises seminars, workshops, and lectures on Newage, pseudo-scientific and pseudo-medical topics.)

Kirchner regularly does so-called „Angel Healing Circles“ at the Wrage premises, e.g:

September 29, 2013: Archangel Metatron: Connect to your higher Self and your spiritual potential

October 27, 2013: Archangel Michael: Karma-Dissolving, clearing of one's row of ancestors and protection and cleansing

A fee of € 140 is due for these lectures of 6 hours.

September 17, 2013: Archangel Gabriel: brings the message and the power of peace.

October 29, 2013: Archangel Raphael: brings healing and guards our heart.

These lectures take 2.5 hours each at a fee of € 49.

Wrage also supports the „Healers' and Shamans' Days“ organised by Young and Kirchner at their premises outside of Hamburg:

http://wrage.de/index.php?id=214&uid=784&L=0

--- Quote ---Initiated and founded by Phillip Kansa Spirit Bear and Elke Kirchner, realised by healers and shamans from the USA, Poland, and Germany, and supported by Wrage Bookshop, there will be a Shamans' Week from July 1-7, 2013 with many events in Hamburg and in the Lueneburg Heath. […]

The Shamans' Days will take place at two domains important for Elke Kirchner and Phillip Kansa Spirit Bear, the Wrage Seminar Centre and the Seminar Centre Lichthof. During the week, there will be a lecture, a ritual, or a ceremony every night from July 1-4, 2013 and individual treatments during the day. From July 5-7, there will be an exclusive weekend with a multifaceted programme at Lichthof. Wrage will accompany this week with a special display window, special actions, and a large variety of products all around the topic „Shamanism and Healers of the new Era“.

The initiator of this week, Spirit Bear, says: „Come, we invite you to lead a healing, loving, spiritual life for a week in which healing and everything good will be possible.“
--- End quote ---

Contents:
Rituals of North American Indians and of the new era, lead by Spirit Bear and other shamans, healing energy transformations from realms of light, healing offers for spinal posture, work with crystals and sounds […]  [/quote]

Apart from Young and Kirchner, further lecturers are:
Dr Shiva Hans Vater, Danuta Czopnik, Peter Salomonsen.

The evening lectures are:
Holistic posture (Peter Salomonsen)
Activating our Inner Healer (Elke Kirchner and Spirit Bear)
Deeksha – Lecture – Oneness-Blessing with practical and Deeksha transmission (Dr Shiva Hans Vater)
Power Animal Journey (Spirit Bear)
Spiritual Posture (Salomonsen)
Light-Body-Healing (Katrin Hartmann(
Energy Treatment (with Angel Healer Silke Burgardt)

Weekend seminar:
The weekend starts with building a medicine wheel: „A medicine wheel is built with stones and has multifaceted effects. It brings power. It also served as a horoscope for the Indians of North America. […] Spirit Bear will call the four directions, initiate the wheel and celebrate the ritual completely according to his tradition.“

Lectures and events: „What is a shaman of the new era“ with Young

--- Quote ---Many Indians in North America have been raised with the conviction that, in order to experience healing and blessing, we need to give sacrifice to our creator and to experience physical suffering. But this is not contemporary any longer, says Spirit Bear. He is certain: No god wants sacrifice. God loves and supports us all the same, like loving parents do. Without conditions.
--- End quote ---
Healing circle with Young and other shamans
Dawn ceremony with Young and students
Heart meditation (Anke Fröhlich)
Hara Healing (Maren Koopmann)
Mother Earth Ceremony (Elke Kirchner, Spirit Bear)
Holistic Posture (Kerstin Zorn)
Healing with Energies (Elke Kirchner and Silke Burgardt)
Deeksha Energy Transfer (Hans Shiva, Oneness Trainer)
Dawn Ceremony with Spirit Bear and students – at 10 a.m.!!!!
The ritual of the spiral (Carl Günter and friends)
Healing power of colours (Ingrid Münchow, Aura-Soma teacher)
Karma Healing (Danuta Czopnik)
Healing of the new era (Janina Sloman)
Final ritual: Healing circle with participating healers, shamans, and guests

Young and Kirchner also offer a „School of Clairvoyance & Shamanic Healing“ which is a two-year course of self healing and self-empowerment.
http://www.visionoflove.de/silver/schule-der-hellsichtigkeit-des-schamanischen-heilens/

--- Quote ---Mental healing, supported by shamanic healing knowledge, offers a well-founded knowledge and the possibility to work as a HEALER and SHAMAN [sic].
The following contents will be covered:
Schooling and opening of medial abilities
Mental healing by sound
Energy transfer and energeticised visualising
Healing with archangel energies
Seeing past lives and releasing blockages
Medicine wheel, sweatlodge, power animal journeys
All persons possess medial abilities. These will be opened during practicals, initiations, meditation and various rituals.
Shamanic healing knowledge will be taught and practiced competently. Participants will also receive in-depth written material.
Various energy channels will be opened and initiated.

Every participant will go through a process of self healing. This will lead to inner freedom and strengthens self.confidence.

Certificate: Meditation leader shamanic healer / shaman.

Begin: April 20/21, 2013

Following dates: May 12, June 22-23, August 17-18, September 21, October 19-20, November 16-17, December 7.

Fee for a day: € 140 including vegetarian meals
Fee for a weekend: € 270 + € 69 for accom and vegetarian meals
--- End quote ---

Ingeborg:

These are three of Young's students:

http://www.xing.com/profile/Michaela_Opitz

The lady claims to do psychology/psychotherapy. Her CV:

--- Quote ---Mitakuye Oyasin,
Michaela Opitz, born Feb 18, 1969 in Kiel, has been walking her shamanic path.
Like all people, new energies or paths will be opened, by predestination and fates [sic].

Michaela, Indian „Eagle-Angel Woman“ (Lum-De-Hull-We Iste ' Hoke – te), was initiated as a shaman-student by Bear Heart (New Mexico, USA Indian of the Muskogee, born 1918) in October 2003 (Bear Heart is the author of the book „The Wind is my Mother“). Bear Heart died at 90 years on Aug 4, 2008.

In Germany, „Angel Women“ in her training is subordinate to Spirit Bear, Philipp Kansa, an Indian shaman with descent of the Kansa [sic].

„Angel Woman“ is working shamanic and absolved a training at clairvoyance (autogenous training and communications coaching), she can support as a „channel of healing“ with a „shamanic Chakra regulation“, uses the power of angels and works according to the methods of „A Course in Miracles“ (healing constellations). Her healing methods – love-mercy-forgiving- are marked by a deep connection to ancient traditions of North American Indians and inspired by Chuck Spezzano (Psychology of Vision) and Elke Kirchner (Vision of Love).
--- End quote ---
Emphasis mine

The next two students are interesting as they mention a different tribal affiliation for Young:

http://www.weg-des-lichtes.de/pages/uebermich.html

White Wise Bear, legal name Tim Oliver Dreyer.

--- Quote ---I was inspired by many of my loving teachers, so e.g. by my shamanic teacher Spirit Bear, an American Lakota shaman, and his wife Elke Kirchner. […] My special thanks to Chuck Spezzano, Christian Stippekohl, Pjotr Elkunoviz, and Anne Hübner.
--- End quote ---

Dreyer's link list is rather short – the only link given and recommended is to „Apu Kuntur (Augsburg), shaman, condor dancer, dragon“. In fact, Apu Kuntur at one point in time had registered here at NAFPS – he is the user going by the nick of „Greenwood“ who in reply no. 1 in this thread has been mocking Dreyer.

Dreyer not only has stayed in the shame-on business since 2008, he also added thanks to Chuck Spezzano in the meantime.

And this lady, working with „Stargaze Portal“, a pay telephone counseling line offering all kinds of Newage „counseling“ (Tarot cards, numerologist, shaman, contacts with the beyond, soul retrieval, angel messages, clairvoyant).

http://sternenblick-portal.com/Ursula-Ciara-Tarotkarten-Numerologin-Schamanin-Jenseitskontakte-Seelenrueckfuehrung-Engelbotschaften-hellsichtig-hellfuehlig.php

--- Quote ---My name is Ursula Ciara, and I am glad to assist you in a problem-oriented way on your path of life so that you will be able to lead a more happy, more successful, and more healthy life.

I am clairvoyant and clairfeeling, I will do Tarot cards as well as Angel, Oracle, and Constellation Cards and much more. I am a numerologist as well as an Indian shaman. By my teacher, Lakota Indian Spirit Bear, I have been guided on this path and initiated in the knowledge of Shamanism.

For more than 30 years I do Tarot cards. This was the beginning of my spiritual work. About 15 years ago, I began to do telephone counseling. I then did a training with Spirit Bear, a Lakota Indian, as an Indian shaman, followed by more trainings in constellation work with Elke Kirchner of Vision of Love.[...]
--- End quote ---

So Mr Young is training shamans, he seems to be introducing people to Spezzano's scam psychology, and he seems to have changed tribal affiliation at some point in time. How about moving him to the Fraud section?

milehighsalute:

--- Quote from: milehighsalute on October 24, 2013, 03:23:35 pm ---i am pueblo.....we dont have names like "cloud eagle" or "red deer"...at least not traditionally, though many artists such as mirabal use names like that.....but with that opens the door to exploitation, because europeans have an indian fetish which puts us all in a nice neat little box that we all have names like that........so of course a european can start throwing a name around that sounds cool to other europeans....we have names like martinez and fragua and lopez and toledo and trujillo and talachy and romero..............i think cloud eagle was the name of mirabals shop, so of course he had all rights to use the name.......but i dont imagine in his wildest dreams he pictured a european throwing his name around commiting spiritual colonization

we also dont have "spiritual teachers"....and our spirituality is VERY PRIVATE.....we even close off the rez's to non ndns during many of our events

our holymen do not team up with medicine men of other tribes and travel around taking our medicine out on the road.....we do not share "rituals" with many other ndnz as it is...and definately not non-ndnz

absolutely FALSE statement about suicide rate being epidemic in pueblo country....and while yes many of us know someone struggling with alcohol the propaganda he puts out made it sound like there are winos in every home....thats BULLSHIT...while it is true some reservations are experiencing high alchohism and suicide rates, and i pray for them, do not purport to speak for pueblo tribes

he picked nambe because they are a smaller pueblo and probaby obscure if even known to anyone outside of northern new mexico or the art scene......im sure he wasnt counting on anyone checking up on him

i am going to contact the tribe and send them this link.......hopefully they will issue a statement on this stupid spirit bear guy

one more thing....if he descended from the kansa....why dont he teach kansa ways?

--- End quote ---

Epiphany:
If we can find a middle initial for Philip Young, maybe an approximate birth date, I might be able to work up his actual genealogy. Anyone have a photo of him? Helpful too would be knowing where he was active in the USA and when.

Because he is an author, and his name is common, looks like some author records have been combined inaccurately.

Chuck Spezzano claims he studied with shamans in the 70s, don't know if he had Philip Young in mind when he said this. Chuck has not responded to my query.  ;)

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4179.msg35597#msg35597

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version