Author Topic: Russell Swonger AKA Russell Four Eagles, Soaring Eagles Wellness  (Read 30266 times)

Offline loudcrow

Re: Russell FourEagles Wisconsin
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 02:47:48 am »

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
Re: Russell FourEagles Wisconsin
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 02:58:15 am »
Oops! My bad, the Swonger's daughter Virginia is 5 1/2 months old not years. Sorry, I'm very tired just drove 6 hrs. Could a moderator delete my comments about the Swongers marriage. Thank you.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Russell Swonger AKA Russell Four Eagles
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 12:14:40 pm »
In this interview he claims both his parents were "half Indian" tribe not named. That's not credible, any ancestry he has is obviously distant, if not made up. He also has this story as supposedly traditional creation lore.

--------
http://www.edgemagazine.net/2016/03/walk-in-love-russell-foureagles/
"...when the Creator grabbed His first two piles of dust and made the heart box, they were red piles of dust. He reached over the White Cliffs of Dover and brought back two piles of white dust. He reached over to the Gobi Desert and brought back two piles of yellow dust. Then reached over to Africa and brought two piles of black sand — and He made all of the people..."

-------
On Twitter this claim.

https://twitter.com/russellfoureagl
i am a four time terminal cancer survivor, with herbal medicine.

-------

As someone else noted, his two biggest endorsers are notorious frauds, Brooke Edwards AKA Medicine Eagle and Sandra Ingerman.

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 02:12:49 am »
I should have been more clear when I posted information about his genealogy. Evaline/Evalyn Lackershire Olson was his
great grandmother who was Native and his teacher.

Evalyn Olson
United States Census, 1940
Name   Evalyn Olson
Event Type   Census
Event Date   1940
Event Place   Ward 1, Eau Claire, Eau Claire City, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Gender   Female
Age   29
Marital Status   Married
Race (Original)   White
Race   White
Relationship to Head of Household (Original)   Wife
Relationship to Head of Household   Wife
Birthplace   Wisconsin
Birth Year (Estimated)   1911
Last Place of Residence   Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Offline WINative

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 12:08:37 pm »
Interesting in his interview he states, " Russell listened to the wisdom given to him since the age of 5 by his Oneida grandmother, Coretta Mae Smith." Which can only refer to his mothers mother; Evaline or Evalyn Cordetta Lackershire, who married several times and was also an Olson, Ritchey, and Hartman. She was born 1895 and died November 22, 1984. Looks like she is listed as White on all census and her fathers family French. He seems good at making up stories. I wonder if he is actually a Vietnam Veteran or had terminal cancer 4 times?

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 07:04:11 pm »
All cancer is technically terminal. Technically, he could have had skin cancers four times, and had them removed easily, and the risk of death is only about 2%. He could have had prostate cancer which takes 10 years to develop and can be caught in time easily.  We'd have to see which cancers and how far advanced they were to actually know how credible the claim is.

He does say in interviews he talked about being in Vietnam for several chapters of his book and says he healed himself of PTSD. You can't view any part of it on Amazon and I couldn't find any link with excerpts.

Offline Sparks

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 10:32:53 pm »
He does say in interviews he talked about being in Vietnam for several chapters of his book and says he healed himself of PTSD. You can't view any part of it on Amazon and I couldn't find any link with excerpts.

It is indeed possible to "Look inside this book" at this Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/Making-Healer-Teachings-Oneida-Grandmother/dp/0835609278

Offline WINative

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 10:47:10 pm »
For a man that lies about his ethnicity and racial background and his grandparents and his history it's very hard for me to believe anything he says or writes.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2016, 11:07:28 pm »
For a man that lies about his ethnicity and racial background and his grandparents and his history it's very hard for me to believe anything he says or writes.

Unfortunately, WINative, too many nuagers don't seem to care about those things. A person I know asked me why I was so against one fraud because what he said "wasn't so bad, in fact it was so loving". It didn't matter that he was a liar  and worse. The only thing she heard was his words. I was floored.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 05:15:39 pm »

Unfortunately, WINative, too many nuagers don't seem to care about those things. A person I know asked me why I was so against one fraud because what he said "wasn't so bad, in fact it was so loving". It didn't matter that he was a liar  and worse. The only thing she heard was his words. I was floored.

Yes, I've heard non-Natives say, "Well, I'm going to get the book and just use the parts I like." I had to explain that by buying the book she put money in the pocket of a liar and a fraud. She increased the sales ranking of a book that had blatant lies about people she claims to love and respect. How selfish that she was just hoping to glean some secrets, some info or intel (that was his marketing strategy) and didn't care about the harm to her supposed friends and their culture.

And when liars, frauds and boundary-violators like that get nice, untrue, things said about them, and when their books sell, they get hired to present at fraud gatherings and yoga studios and other fraud fests where they continue to sell their lies. If they get really popular, they run bad ceremonies that cause people psychological, emotional and financial damage. Some even cause physical damage, in the extreme cases the deaths, but in so many other cases health problems from bad medical advice, untrained herbal advice, or frauds claiming spiritual healing skills they do not have and convincing people to not get adequate medical care as a sign of faith.

In standing aside, in being "nice" when they could have spoken out, their casual supporters and "neutral" bystanders are participating in doing harm to the innocent. When someone is harmed, they also have blood on their hands for their cowardice.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2016, 05:29:23 pm »
Check out this video. Looks to me like standard newage bafflegab sold to white people as "Native American Medicine". Dangerous as he is claiming he can cure cancer and "neutralize radiation," while the guy he works on "chants mantras" (that sound like nuage versions of Hindu or Buddhist ones they learn bastardized versions of, ripped out of their original religious context). White people in made-up headdresses of feathers on top hats, doing newage chants to both Krishna (Hindu) and Yahweh (Christian) while they do pretendian dances around a hibachi where they burn tobacco ties. Yargh. What a mess.

https://youtu.be/PiCKNV58iz4

If this is anything but a white guy ripping off other white people I'll eat that chicken feather top hat. Fraud. Dangerous Fraud.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 05:41:38 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/SoaringEaglesWellness/

Looks like he went to L.A. and got in the "sell sweats to the semi-famous white people" racket. I think Rachel Hunter is a model who either is or used to be married to '60's /'70s Scottish rock singer Rod Stewart.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2016, 05:50:32 pm »
Call Fish and Wildlife whenever and wherever he's got a gig or wherever he's staying.

Offline WINative

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2016, 10:36:26 pm »
Yes he is pretty dangerous especially if he's trying to convince the public he can cure cancer better then any doctor. Saying he has "healed 45,000 people and 900 extreme cancer clients."
Also he is Misappropriating Oneida culture by saying he teaches Oneida healing and tradition. I watched his hour long youtube video and there's nothing he does that even closely resembles Oneida ways. He tells a "Creation Story" taught to him by his grandmother which is not Oneida, not sure what it is? Also "the Oneida fire ceremony" he refers to is a made-up concoction of beliefs. Writing trauma on paper and burning it is similar to White Bison Mending Broken Hearts training. But never seen or heard of that done in traditional ceremonies.

• Global Moderator
Re: Russell Swonger AKA Russell Four Eagles, Soaring Eagles Wellness
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2016, 09:59:07 pm »
All cancer is technically terminal. Technically, he could have had skin cancers four times, and had them removed easily, and the risk of death is only about 2%.

Looking at how pale he is naturally, vs how tan he tries to get, I'd imagine he gets low-level skin cancers removed quite regularly, like most white people who've spent too much time in the sun. Malignant melanoma has taken out quite a few pretendians who seem to believe that sunburn makes them look Native. The fact he's had the resources to get these moles and carcinomas removed early just shows how far removed he is from the lives and substandard medical care most actual natives have to make do with.