Author Topic: GW Hardin & "Gathering of One"  (Read 30510 times)

Offline bls926

Re: GW Hardin & "Gathering of One"
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 10:29:57 pm »
Y'all are in my thoughts this week. Prayers for the right words and strength.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator

frederica

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 04:00:31 pm »
Sounds good. I'm glad Ben and Benard are there. You will never convince all, but at least maybe make a dent.

Offline LittleOldMan

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 10:50:15 am »
There are many weapons that can be used in this war.  Maybe the soft word from a certified Elder will bare fruit.  I hope so.  "LittleOldMan"
Blind unfocused anger is unproductive and can get you hurt.  Controlled and focused anger directed tactically wins wars. Remember the sheath is not the sword.

Offline tachia

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2008, 07:57:33 am »
it is important to remember that there are different views on this "eden event" , one persons account might just differ from another's .. there are different perceptions that perhaps will not be voiced .. i am here in montana, and have been doing a LOT of observing as well as speaking with people ..  .. i am not going to step on important peoples toes though nor steal anyones thunder so to speak ..  so whether my perceptions are heard on this "event" remains to be seen .. shrug .. sorry, i am tired, sick, stressed, wiped out and facing yet another LONG drive tomorrow .. not sure if  my voice is even welcomed at this point .. ..

Offline bls926

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 03:11:52 am »
It's been two years since The Gathering of One was held in Yellowstone. Two years to the day since Bernard Red Cherries and Ben Carnes spoke at this event. What a difference two years has made . . .

Offline nemesis

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 09:14:06 am »
I would like to know what people think about the "cleansing ceremony" here: http://www.thegatheringofone.com/content1.asp?cat=2&id=6

I can't remember who told me that it's not good to pour alcohol on the the earth, or what Nation they were from, but it's something I've always observed out of respect.

That link is now down so I was not able to check the page, however I understand that poring alcohol (usually rum) on the ground is a traditional way of feeding the ancestor spirits in some Santeria based religions.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:11:21 am by Kathryn »

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2010, 10:01:14 pm »

Bls8926 wrote:
What a difference two years has made .

In what way do you think? Just out of curiosity. If you see changes for the good, how would you see that?

Offline bls926

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 05:04:30 am »

Bls8926 wrote:
What a difference two years has made .

In what way do you think? Just out of curiosity. If you see changes for the good, how would you see that?

There have been some major changes and not for the good. I really cannot go into details at this time.

If there had been changes for the good, how would I see that? I think that would have been fantastic; however, nothing good came from this event. All the glow from the initial reports following Bernard's talk soon faded.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 05:15:40 am by bls926 »

Offline amorYcohetes

Aside on libation rituals
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 03:30:16 pm »
That link is now down so I was not able to check the page, however I understand that pouring alcohol (usually rum) on the ground is a traditional way of feeding the ancestor spirits in some Santeria based religions.
Interesting.  In Bolivia (and prob most of the Andean region), from my understanding from relatives and friends, ch'alla is an offering to Pachamama (Mother Earth), sometimes done as part of a blessing, or to give thanks before eating/drinking.  I always figured it originated with the Aymara people and spread to the Quechua, or vice versa.  Since Bolivian culture and religion today is based mostly on those cultures, but also the Spanish, I guess it's possible it could also have roots in a Mediterranean tradition...  But myself, I assume it's a ritual traditional to this continent.   Since contact we have beer, wine, and so on, but fermented chicha is an alcoholic drink indigenous to the Andes.  But it's hard to imagine where the connection with a "cleansing ritual" taking place in the SW US would be...! Not being able to access the link I guess I'll never know (& am prob better off that way, heh).

Offline Dave.S

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 08:54:51 pm »
I am really curious as to what you mean by "major changes but not for the good". There have been two other events since Yellowstone. I did not see you or any of the others that were invited in attendance at these other two events. At the Yellowstone Event the attendees were very respectful and supportive to the group that came to observe and participate.

I mean no disrespect by my question. I do however feel that your statement is still coming from a place of defense. The people who attended the Yellowstone Event topped 480. GW Hardin has not attended an Event since Yellowstone. That is one change. He had only attended three events total including the one we are talking about.

The group listened to all of the speakers and also people who came to protest the non-native people that were invited and then dis-invited. Bernard R. spoke and was listened to intently. So intensely that most of the people in attendance donated several thousands of dollars to him to help in the expense of laying his daughter to rest. I felt his sadness when I met him, later I found out the source of the sadness.

Again, I mean no disrespect to you or your opinion of what transpired. I just do not see how things got worse if you and the others have not been in contact with the attendees at the event. The website that GW created is no longer on line. GW is no longer working with the group and has not talked to Joe or Robbie since the event in Yellowstone.

About me, I am native to California, my family has lived in this area for many thousands of years, I do not call myself a native American, I am a child of God just as you are. Personally, I have seen many things that were good come from the Yellowstone Event and the two that happened afterwords. The most major thing that happened after YS was the economy crash. Our monetary system does not work for everyone, and given that we are all children of the same creator a balance has to happen. The other thing that has happened that was foretold by the Angel that visits Joe is the world leaders have started to be brought back to sanity. Just after the event we are talking about Russia had attacked Georgia and the world stood up and said we are not doing things like that any longer.

Look to your heart for changes, things are much different now. If you do not see that it is ok. My suggestion is that we become pro-active and send out the respect that we expect. Also looking deeper into what has been given to all peoples from the Angels would be in order. Teach Only Love is the message. Is it not time to do just that? I am not trying to reprimand anyone, I am however looking to shed light in the darkness of our angered hearts. We all live on our mother and can live together in peace, yet it must start somewhere. It can start with you. Thank you for taking the time to read this with an open mind and open heart.

Bless your heart,

Dave.S

There have been some major changes and not for the good. I really cannot go into details at this time.

If there had been changes for the good, how would I see that? I think that would have been fantastic; however, nothing good came from this event. All the glow from the initial reports following Bernard's talk soon faded.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:14:54 pm by Dave.S »

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 10:30:57 pm »
Angel visits.. I'm sorry, I just don't believe in that sort of thing. Of course, there's lots of explanations why this "angel" only speaks to Joe.  ;)
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Dave.S

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 10:36:21 pm »
That is the nice thing about the things they talk about, you do not have to "believe" anything. When the angel or angels talk to Joe, they talk to everyone (all of the children), not just him. The angel has also said Joe is not the only person that sees him in this way. He was simply the one that poured his bowl, as they showed him.....

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 10:45:43 pm »
:) sure.  Well, anything that smacks of religious overtones of Christianity, I don't just walk, but run.  But that's my issue in other's eyes, in mine, it's sanity.  Be well.
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Dave.S

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 04:21:49 pm »
If it had anything to do with religion I would not be talking about it. The first thing the angel said to Joe while he was reading the bible was "put down your books for the hold no truth for you". This is not a religious thing at all. Angels have appeared to many over the ages, what makes this time any different. Again, there is nothing to believe here. Still waiting for an answer to my original question.