Author Topic: More on "Cherokee of KY Chickamauga"  (Read 52229 times)

Offline raven

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: More on "Cherokee of KY Chickamauga"
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 09:08:20 pm »
Thank you Yellowthunder bolt. Appreciate the offer of what you have, Will take you up on it, due to the fact it will show that some of us that have the same thing, it will only reinforce what we have.
I have sent personal documents to show that I speak with honesty and not fabrication.
And to also show that there is much more to me than what I have allowed people to know. But then that will come out when necessary.
You have my e mail address, appreciate the support from all in here. Thank you brother.

Offline raven

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 02:24:32 pm »
For the record Star. I took the liberty to contact some friends of mine up your way. Two tribal councilmen and a tribal judge. They are all from different reservations up there.  I talked to them over the weekend and I let them know what you can't say to my face but will write to Al and others your fabrication.
These people know me on a personal level very well, you don't.
If you are up there doing volunteer work then I believe they have the right to know your character traits of fabrication, manipulations, and other non native beliefs.
What their conclusion of you will be their own not mine.
I know what your name is now and what you do up there.
The difference between you, the Edwards and myself, well when I am on federal land I am protected under those laws none of you are.
With all the lies that you and the Edwards are throwing out there about me it's just a means of trying to take the attention off yourselves and what you are doing. Sorry it's not working.

Online educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 03:38:29 pm »
The latest:

An Open Letter Regarding Timothy Allen, Attorney-at-Law, and his efforts on behalf of Jerry Edwards and the “Cherokees of Kentucky Chickamauga???

Dear Members of the State Bar of Kentucky, and members of the public,

I’m writing this letter on behalf of and in support of Robin Lawson since I have personal knowledge of the problems caused for her by Jerry Edwards, his wife, and “Softspeaker??? Star and am also incredibly appalled by the unethical intimidation tactics of their lawyer, Timothy Allen. I speak to you as a professor of American Indian history who is also Native myself. I teach at the Alamo Community College District in San Antonio and have been an activist for Native causes for some years now.

The Edwards, Star, and Mr. Allen seek to silence Ms. Lawson for her brave, altruistic, and ? principled stand against the burgeoning cult calling itself Cherokees of Kentucky-Chickamauga or sometimes CKY. CKY was formerly the “Unified Free Cherokee Nation.??? In spite of these titles and the grandiose pretensions of ? its would-be “chief“ Jerry Edwards, it is not a Cherokee nation, tribe, or band in any way, shape, or form. It also has very little to do with Cherokee tradition and is not recognized by any legitimate Cherokee tribe, community, or group. While some of the members of CKY have distant Native ancestry, they do not have any credibility among other Native people.

Among other things, the Edwards and Ms. Star teach their followers that Cherokees are descended from space aliens and then lived in Atlantis before coming to the Americas. They also believe in a coming Apocalypse they call “the Shift??? and mistrust “yonegas??? meaning anyone they see as “having a white mindset.“ Such racist self-hatred is ironic, since all of them are of predominantly white ancestry, while Robin Lawson and myself are Native.

The Edwards and Ms. Star place great reliance on the teachings of another imposter posing as a Cherokee leader, Diane Fisher AKA “Dhyani Yawahoo,??? who passes off elements of Buddhist beliefs as the traditional Cherokee religion. Fisher operates a very destructive cult in New England where she has absolute power over her followers’ lives and bank accounts. Both the Edwards and Diane Fisher are what are commonly called spiritual exploiters by American Indians. They are imposters who pose as Native elders and prey upon those who know very little about actual American Indian traditions.

What the Edwards, Ms. Star, and their lawyer Mr. Allen are attempting to do is much along the lines of what Scientology leaders have frequently done, namely use extremely heavy-handed and unethical legal tactics to silence critics who know the truth about them and their false claims. I know of other Native activists who have faced similar threats in the past. These threats have always turned out to be cheap scare tactics with no legal basis. In one similar case, acting on legal counsel of our own, we sought the disbarment of their lawyer, who then sought to hide his address to avoid facing his state bar.

I have in my possession a number of emails from the Edwards and Star wherein they told one series of lies after another, one more unbelievable than the next, in a vain attempt to discredit Ms. Lawson by falsely claiming she is being beaten by her husband, has psychological problems, etc. I would be glad to forward them to any agency or court, as well as testify on Ms. Lawson’s behalf.

Online educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 03:39:43 pm »
Pt 2
Briefly, the Edwards and Ms. Star are falsely claiming:
1. That Ms. Lawson passed along posts from a Yahoo listserv which I then reposted at my group, violating their copyright.
This is false on several counts. To begin with, there is no copyright of Yahoo groups posts. I received the posts thanks to the Edwards themselves, who sent me an invite to their Yahoo group. In any case, we have the right to repost under the Fair Use laws.
Ironically, the Edwards themselves are guilty of violating copyright laws. They admitted in an email to me that most of their website is taken straight from Diane Fisher’s books, without proper credit being given.

2. That contacting the police or FBI, or urging others to do the same, is “slander.???
What Ms. Lawson did was not only ethically right, it was her legal obligation in some states if she believed or knew of a crime or crimes being committed.
Should not what Mr. Allen is doing on behalf of the Edwards and Ms. Star in fact be considered witness tampering, or intimidation of witnesses, if in fact crimes did occur?

3. That Ms. Lawson told others of charges involving the Edwards and minor children.
This is the first time either Ms. Lawson or myself have heard of these allegations involving children. More than likely there are others making such allegations who choose not to reveal their own identities and the Edwards, trapped in their paranoia, falsely assumed Ms. Lawson was behind them.

4. Mr. Allen also threatened to have Ms. Lawson ordered into psychological testing or counseling by the courts. This is an outrageous attempted abuse of legal authority, much like the old Soviet Union routinely ordering dissidents into mental hospitals. That he would attempt to do so speaks of his own lack of ethics. Like the Edwards and Ms. Star, obviously he is attempting to smear Ms. Lawson as mentally unfit. That he should use his law license to do this is contemptible, and hopefully grounds for disbarment.

I believe Mr. Allen is himself guilty of furthering this attempt to disparage the character of Ms. Lawson. Perhaps in his desire for legal fees, he has not bothered to check the extremely dubious nature of the clientele he is representing. I seriously doubt he ever intended to become a cult’s lawyer, but his failure to do research is even more glaring than the Edwards. While every person, even cult leaders, is deserving of representation under our system of justice, that does not mean Mr. Allen is obligated to use his law license as a weapon of intimidation against those who expose the potentially dangerous nature of such cults.

The incredibly dubious nature of his clients’ beliefs and practices should have caused Mr. Allen to take a more serious look at his clients’ obvious lies about Ms. Lawson, just as he would at any client who claimed the CIA was out to get him because he had proof of Bigfoot. In my view, the question is simply one of whether Mr. Allen lacks moral (and perhaps legal) scruples, or whether he is simply incompetent.

I will be posting this online for all to see who wish, as well as sending it to the local news media so that the community will know the true nature of the Edwards, Ms. Star, Timothy Allen, and the burgeoning cult calling itself Cherokees of Kentucky Chickamauga.
Dr. Al Carroll
History Department
San Antonio College
Alamo Community College District

Offline Vance_Hawkins

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 06:25:23 pm »
I haven't been here for a while -- was off line a couple of weeks and just now have another emaila address. I was also ill for a while.

All I can say is wow. Yall've done a lot of research and I thank God these people have been discovered.

Vance

walking-soft

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2005, 03:32:02 pm »
 Well the cky is still on the defense . Check out This months "Green Corn"
cherokeesofkentucky.org.

Offline mary_good_bear

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2005, 12:54:49 pm »
I read the CKY's new Green Corn issue and actually was quite amused.  They had the audacity to say that native had no right to judge whether something was nuage or traditional native ways.  I was always taught that any tradition was passed down from generation to generation and never changed.  According to them anything and everything must change with the times.  I'm sorry but to me that's not tradition that is making your own little cult do and say what you want.  Personally the only people who have the right to inform the public about people who are trying to bastardize the native ways are natives.

Online educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2005, 04:36:44 pm »
I thought it was amazingly funny too. Check out Jerry Edwards looking pretty foolish in his Smoky the Bear hat! Did he join the State Troopers, or become a Boy Scout troop leader?

Why does he always wear regalia (or what he thinks is regalia) in his photos? Obviously because he's worried people will look at him and think "White Guy!" You don't see Wilma Mankiller or Chad Smith or for that matter Wes Studi always wearing regalia to impress white wannabes.

His words cracked me up too. Trying to be oh so spirchul but then sending out newsletters where he comes up with euphemisms for feces. The guy is obviously ready to burst a blood vessel with his bottled up anger. We really are getting under his skin every time we expose him.

And what a surprise, Jerry endorsed another group of frauds, Manataka.

Offline raven

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2005, 03:58:54 pm »
After reading the lastest posting of the Green Corn edition, I came away appalled with all the talking out the side of the mouth.
I will begin ( forgive me for I am going to be long winded here in this posting) , with the forum as a whole, the message is all about judging others which they themselves are doing.
What is within your hearts? you ask that, you should be asking yourselves, what is in yours? Where is your balance in this universe? You certainly do not practice what you preach here. You create chaos, it is not brought on you by others.
If you were yourself focused on the Creator than why would you have a need for an attorney?  The Creator takes care of all our needs.
I myself have commintments to be part of a positive solution. I don't have to threaten people with lawyers or lawsuits. I have bigger jimmies than that, I will come to you face to face, not use schoolyard tactics of whispering little lies in peoples ears. In my world that is how real people deal with others. That in itself shows the immaturity in you. That says you are not capable mentally of being not only a "chief" but not even an elder.
You jump to conclusions without thought or logic. You make up stories. You hide behind others.
Everything you write speaks about truth, are you trying to convince yourself? because everyone else knows what the truth is except you. How can you want truth from others when you, yourself are not capable of it.
And then there is the contriditions of returning to the past of what was handed down from the ancestors. First off what was handed down to you by any ancestor? You cannot return to past, you certainly can not return to something you never had. and how can you make plans for a future when it entails a past that never existed in your life?
All this goes against everything you say. Make up your minds. live in the present or make up a past that never existed and live in it, but do it quietly please. I have never read so much garbage of crap in my life as I have with your letters. They remind me of the trash magazines that we all know are not true, but we can't help ourselves not to read them. I think that you could make a good living doing that. We all would like to see a good native trash magazine at the supermarkets. I think that recent photo of you would be a good cover picture for your first edition.
My teachings was passed down to me by real ancestors, but in their teachings they didn't dress up in regalia. Let me think what did they wear? Oh I remember, my grandpa usually wore baseball caps, dickies, sometimes jeans, and cowboy boots or tennis shoes. If he had wore any regalia in his "teachings", I am afraid I would have laughed at him or thought he was losing his mind. Dressing up like you do makes you look even more scottish. Hint: Trade your hat in for a Tam. I have some good friends that makes them, they can even make it in your family clan colors. I'll make a point to ask them what they are and I will let you know. ( I hope you know that I am talking about celtic clan colors, not native)
And Star glad to see your dementia is full blown, because that is what you were experiencing on your trip there. And if that land there is so sacred. There isn't enough tobacco in the state of Ky. to keep it sacred with people like you and the Edwards walking on it. If I could I would hire dusters to drop tobacco across that whole state everyday.
Before all of you try to fix the rest of us, work on yourselves first, that is where balance begins inside not outside. And while you are at it look up in the dictionary the meaning of balance, you use the word so much, at least learn what it means.

walking-soft

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2006, 08:02:36 pm »
 well here we have another writing of jerry edwardsin cky's newsletter. jerry continues to become even more full of himself, what arrogance!!
Talking about authority he states" I speak with the authority in which I come" I mean give me a break sounds like a verse out of the Bible. It seems he now thinks he is a God even stating"all you children think I am the boogie man- get over it."

By who's authority do you come from??? You make the boogie-man look like a saint. And who are these children that you have set yourself up as father over??? what a bunch of bull. Get off the throne Jerry and listen yourself to all this sick crap you are spewing out. AMERICAN INDIAN IT IS NOT..

Online educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2006, 10:41:46 pm »
His Nuage rantings are getting so disconnected from reality, you have to see them to believe them. Also I notice he's taken down much of what we laughed at earlier and pointed out has zero to do with Cherokees.

So here, so that everyone can continue to see them, are his crazier comments:

"At this epoch, take Authority in the light of your own choices.

Do not let pride be the reason you did not allow the Authority of some one or thing....

It is no wonder we have Coyote Medicine to Trick People...You all know what this boils down to, don't you? EGO, SEPARATE SELF....

The Rules of the Way are the Authority....It is harmonic....

In this New Year, reckon in your hearts, To Give Peace a Chance. All you children that think I am the boogie man - get over it....

I speak with the Authority in which I have come. Let's get past the games, let's get on with the work of letting go....

I wish you all a Happy New Year and may all your arrows be tipped with Light."

Yeah Jerry, I'm sure that light is far better than, oh, an ARROWHEAD!

Offline Dragonessa

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2006, 06:44:40 pm »
Wow, is this humbling.  And I thought the folks at The Teaching Drum were nutters!

Great letters Dr. Carroll (your line by line comebacks) and Raven (your relating of growing up in the genuine Cherokee way).  "Cult" is absolutely the dead-on word, and I had not thought about using it before to apply to my own fav group of Twinkies at the Teaching Drum, but they are definately headed in that direction if not there already.  A former friend of mine residing there now just seems to be getting sucked in deeper and deeper.  Everything on this forum helps me to understand what is happening so much better.  Thank you all.

RE:  Apocalyptic Chosen Ones - Head Teaching Drum Twinkie - Tamarack Song - has an end of the world essay combined with Nuage native prophecies on his site at

http://www.teachingdrum.org/OldWayWares/TheWritingsofTamarackSong/ArmageddonLooms/.

Here are some excerpts:

"Then who will survive, if anybody? Some Native prophecies talk about a new people who will emerge from the old. They will be the sons and daughters of the Earth destroyers, and they will have learned from their parents’ offenses. They will have prepared themselves for the cleansing by returning to clan ways. Some of them will join with the remnant Natives who still remember a few of their old ways, and together they will form the new seed for the second coming of humankind.

Following is an envisionment of that blooming. I do not present it as something that will happen but rather what could happen if we wake up and apply ourselves now to growing in awareness, personal and planetary healing, and the renewal of the old ways. If there is going to be a future, it has to begin now. After the collapse will be too late—way too late. If we do not reawaken and prepare, we will end up dirty, disease-infested scavengers—if we survive at all.

This envisionment is not all honey and roses. Throughout the text you will find boxes highlighting issues that need special attention. These will be critical points in our returning to balance that, if heeded, will save much weeping and gnashing of teeth. I don’t think the question has to be whether we will live or die, but rather how we are going to prepare for our second coming."

And you get to find out how to prepare for that "Second Coming" for only $10 and a self-addressed stamped envelope!

Cheers,
Dragonessa
www.astheteachingdrumturns.blogspot.com

Frederica Bickle

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006, 02:12:45 am »
This sounds like a group that was in Georgia a few years ago. The Atlantis idea was also present there, or it is a splinter. The Committe to Combat Cherokee Fraud dealt with them, they closed their web site, then changed their name. Last I heard they (leaders) moved north. The Chickamauga group was in TN, believed they were a lost tribe. Hebrew I believe. Last time I heard the leader moved north. I know their website is still up, but dropped the Hebrew tribe idea. frederica

walking-soft

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2006, 08:03:30 am »
Must read again this month Chickamauga of Southeastern Kentucky, a village called Otter Town, and " We are going to make Otter Town a centerpiece for learning" Read all of Green Corn at
http://cherokeesofkentucky.org.
                                                      J.A.

Online educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2006, 04:07:42 pm »
Some of it you truly have to read to believe. They get more bizarre and contradictory with each issue.

Jerry Edwards mentions an alleged "elder" who gave him a book by his good friend Oliver Loveday.

Look at who Loveday is:
Conspiracy theories
http://www.digitalsouls.com/siteworks/generation/mutation/loveday1.html
"Oliver Loveday
HAARP Anxiety ?  
HAARP Anxiety relates to the on-going project the US military is doing to use low frequency radio signals to communicate with submarines. It also effects weather patterns and human cognition. A little mix of the HAARP structure with a fractal is my response to that anxiety."

"Mutant Progress"
http://toegristle.com/collab/cigarbox/poem.htm

Basically Loveday seems to a modern primitivist wannabe type who does "trance art". Calls himself "Earthday's Song". A lot of the websites are English, don't know if he is. But it wouldn't really surprise me to see Edwards using English wannabes' words to defend himself. And why Loveday calls his wannabeism "The Briar Rabbit Papers" isn't clear.

I still like the so called "Wazhazhe Lakota". Wazhazhe is likely not even a Lakota word, as we pointed out before, it's the Osage word for themselves. So you have a "faction" of alleged Lakota calling themselves Osage.

Jerry also says they'll be doing workshops at their "powwow". Brace yourself for the worst.

And this Nuage nonsense is straight out of the words of the fraud Carlos Castaneda:
"You must be impeccable....To be impeccable, one must face their fear and strive to balance their mistakes. ? The spiritual world is full of good and evil and one must have the discipline of impeccability to know the difference between the two. ? To be impeccable you must know your heart."

Probably the most out there claim, reprinted from a book written in 1880.
"Welsh Indians in Kentucky"

His claims about their membership numbers are all over the place. 148 members? Many receiving it are not. Their online groups are all dead, and were made up mostly of the curious anyway.