Author Topic: RESOLVED, NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN: Chief Ardy & the 3 Thumbs First Nation  (Read 50361 times)

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I see someone posting under the name Clan mother in a thread concerning protection of Mi'kmaq burial grounds and the return of indigenous remains to their people and homelands .

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2435.0

( info found in this thread will be refered to as source #1 below)

This person is signing their posts with  

Chief Ardy Born With 3 Thumbs
Alkonquian Mi'kmaq Clan Mother
Sissiboo, Kespoogwitunak, Mi'kma'ki

I was curious about who this person is and what i found through google searches was a bit confusing...

Is there more than one Chief Ardy Born With 3 Thumbs?

This obituary I found says Chief Ardy is or was named Carl - which is not a name i would expect a clan mother to have ... Carl Trask is also said to be a son.

http://ngb.chebucto.org/Newspaper-Obits/halifax-herald-2003-dec.shtml

TRASK, Charles Walter
Tuesday, December 30, 2003     The Halifax Herald Limited
TRASK, Charles Walter - 76, Bridgetown, formerly of Middleton, passed on peacefully into the Spirit World, Sunday, December 28, 2003, in Soldiers Memorial Hospital, Middleton. Born in Grand Falls, NL, November 8, 1927, he was a son of the late Charles (Baker) Trask (Elliston, NL) and Amelia Ann (Pelley) Trask (Exploits Island, NL). Educated in Grand Falls, Charlie retired to Middleton in 1976 after a successful business career in Newfoundland and Labrador. Charlie had been a resident of Mountain Lea Lodge, Bridgetown, for the past two years. He served with the Royal Newfoundland Engineers Infantry Division during the Korean War. He also served on various organizations in Newfoundland and was a life member of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, a member of the Royal Canadian Legion and a lifelong, devoted member of the Liberal Party of Canada.

Charlie shall be remembered for not only sharing with his people, but for his love for animals as well. He is survived by his former wife, Mary Francis Goodyear, Newfoundland; sons, Christopher Paul, Margaretsville; Carl Peter (Chief Ardy born with 3 thumbs), Sissiboo, Digby Co.; Charles Jr., Oshawa, Ont.; daughter, Constance Patricia, Nova Scotia; brother, William Trask, Cannings Cove, NL; sister, Edna Bradley, Jamaica and Florida; sister-in-law, Loretta Trask, Grand Falls, NL; Marie (Melvin) Ploughman, Windsor, NL; grandchildren, Bronwen, Carmen, Carson, Kelina Megan, Zachary, Harold, Jared, Samantha and Max Trask; nephew, Roy Trask, Toronto; also loyal friend and colleague, Floyd Benjamin, Lawrencetown. Charlie was predeceased by son, Craig Patrick; brothers, Heber and Ralph; sister, Gertrude Hawley. No flowers as per Charlie's request. Donations to the Micmac Benevolent Society, P.O. Box 1738, Truro, NS, B2N 5Z5. Cremation has taken place. Private memorial will be held in memory of the man who got things done, for Charlie will be remembered as the "chief of all chiefs!" as he provided generously for his people. On-line condolences to: roopfh@ns.sympatico.ca

The above obituary also seems to say , Chief Ardy born with 3 thumbs's Mom is or was Mary Francis Goodyear, of Newfoundland.

In the statement in Reply #17 from source #1 ,Clan Mother who seems to be claiming to be Chief Ardy, says her mother's name is Ivy Landry maiden named Ivy Toney.

Clanmother reply 17 source #1
The picture displays, from left to right, my daughter - Bronwen 1986,  Ardy 1951, my Mother - Ivy Landry nee Toney 1924

Clanmother reply 17 source #1
My Mother's father was Joe Toney

But in the genealogical query below, someone named Ardy , of Sissiboo with the email 3 thumbs says their grandmother was Mildred J Laundry of NS and their maiden name was Holden not Toney.

http://www.yarmouth.org/s-book99.htm
Date: 12/10/2005
Name: Ardy
E-Mail: 3.thumbs@ns.sympatico.ca

Comments: I like your website. Very nice.  Am looking for information about my Grandmother, Mildred J. Landry born in Yarmouth Married Daniel Landry also known as Danny. Mildred was a Holden before she married.  She had a brother Barney Holden. Anyone having any information, please contact me.
This is a bit confusing...

If Ardy's mother is Ivy Landry and Ivy's mother was Mildred Holden who married Danny Laundry, Ardy's mother's maiden name would be Laundry not Toney.  

If Milderd Holden and Danny Landry were Ardy's grandparents on her father's side, then her fathers surname name would be Landry, not Trask, meaning Clan mother's family appears to be a different family than the Chief Ardy born with Three Thumbs , mentioned in the obituary as being the son of Charles Trask.

I also found this

http://mytwobeadsworth.com/Heros2.html

ARDY BORN WITH 3 THUMBS - Hereditary Mi'kmaq Chief

A true Mi'kmaq woman, Ardy was born in 1951 at Mi'kma'ki

to a Metis and a Mi'kmaq woman. Displaced by the Indian Act, Ardy has seen her Mother and Grandmother pushed off of their land.
(con...)

Ardy stems from a bloodline of Hereditary Chiefs and asserted her right to Chieftaincy in the late 1900 s when she could not attain respect and assistance from the Indian Act Chiefs.

and doing a search on the email used to place the genealogical query brings up this

3.thumbs @ ns.sympatico.ca. 3 Thumbs First Nation is located in the Heart of Annapolis Valley. We specialize in Tipi covers, traditional Mi'kmaq creations ...
www.encana.com/operations/offshore/deeppanuke/pdfs/.../p006629.pdf

I am a bit confused about who these people are?

Who are the hereditary Chiefs Ardy is said to descend from ?

I see where Charles Trask is reffered to as a Chief, and as associated with the Mi'kmaq people.... If he served as a hereditary Chief, where were his people located geographically?

Clan Mother , could you explain a bit about the history of this Born with three Thumbs First Nation?

What people do you serve as Chief, and how did you recieve this title?

I'm also a bit confused about who you are ... What I found doing google seaches doesn't seem to fit together at all .

Was Charles Trask your father?

How could your grandfathers be named both Danny Landry and Joe Toney, if your father was Charles Trask ?

If your father isn't Charles Trask ,  who is Carl Peter Trask? Why is Carl Trask said to be Chief Ardy Born With 3 Thumbs, and why are you using this name yourself?

If your mothers parents were named Landry and Holden why do you claim her maiden name was Toney?

Sorry to be suspisious, but when things don't seem to fit together, I think it's important to ask for clarification. Unfortunantely it seems many people try and use a show of activism as a prop in creating a false identity for themselves.

I don't mean to be rude, but asking questions is the only way to verify peoples identity and the legitimacy of their claims.

Hopefully Clan Mother can explain how all this fits together....

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:17:17 pm by educatedindian »

Offline clanmother

• TTT
    • Micmac Lock
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 11:34:08 pm »
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 01:02:57 am by clanmother »
TTT

Offline clanmother

• TTT
    • Micmac Lock
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 11:54:14 pm »

« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 01:03:39 am by clanmother »
TTT

Re: Chief Ardy & the 3 Thumbs First Nation
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 12:32:22 am »
Ok, not to be really stupid or anything, but apparently a chief can be a woman..  didn't know that.  Not surprising, there is much I don't know.

Ardy 3 thumbs, no disrespect, but I find it a sad statement to say Indians do not have friends.  It is just sad. 

I wish you well, and have nothing but respect for your fight, and your warrior spirit.  May you continue to stand strong.. and win! 

press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline clanmother

• TTT
    • Micmac Lock
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 12:36:29 am »
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 01:04:10 am by clanmother »
TTT

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 01:09:27 am »
Clan mother
I guess your genealogical survey of me only grants me one grandmother.  The one you mention was a Holden from Yarmouth NS, who married a Landry.  You can find this at www.novascotiagenealogy.com  that is my PATERNAL LINE.  The proven Landry line connects to the treaty chief Mius.

From reply 17 source#1
clan mother
my Mother - Ivy Landry nee Toney

So your father's surname and your mothers surname before she was married were both Landry?

That is certainly possible. 

Clan mother
I will leave you to determine who my mother is and who her family descends from. I have no Trask Blood, nor have I ever seen that written anywhere.

But if that is true , who is Charles Trask with a son named Chief Ardy Born with Three Thumbs also of Sissiboo NS?  As you claim to have been born with 3 thumbs this seems to be quite a coincidence !

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2435.15

Reply #20
Clan mother source #1
As for your comments about Trask - May I suggest you read this Treaty.

Why did you post a 1685 Treaty with the name of Trask in it in the other thread- in reply to my questions about your family ? If these are no relations of yours how is that Treaty even relevent?

As for your claim that your Landry line connects back to a Mi'kmaq ancestor through a marriage with the Muise family , unless that is the part of the Muise family that married back into the Mi'kmaq community , this could be a very distant ancestor- Many of the Acadian Miuse families descend from mixed blood children born in the 1680's who married back into the French community.

Clan mother   
The RCMP and the Judicial System and the Government can confirm for you the legitimacy of my claims as to being representative of myself and my Treaty Heirs

Interesting choice of references.

Clan Mother
You must be an INAC apple

With your references, why would you need to ask ? ..... LOL

Clan Mother
I must ask the question: Are you just trying to deflect investigation from yourself.  I request that you provide proof of your identity?

Oh I really am a Porcupine. The real deal.

Of course whether or not either of us is actually sane doesn't really matter one way or the other, except if I ever begin claiming to be Chief Moma Porcupine , and a representitve of the Porcupine First Nation, you would be wise to ask some more questions... A lot more questions...

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 01:22:29 am »
Thanks.  :)   I would like upwards of 1,000 moons.. although, I'm never sure I'll still be here in the next day.  

The last few years have taken their toll on me..  

I'm plenty naive with many things..  it was once said to me that I have the child's heart..
With that, other than whacko's whose only respect is for dollars..  it's difficult for me to understand why people, good people in general, don't or wouldn't have respect for you, a Mi'kmaq Woman, or for anyone else who is trying to live a good way, or fighting in a good cause.  

Many 1,000's of moons may you see as well!!  :)

press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline clanmother

• TTT
    • Micmac Lock
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 01:25:17 am »
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 01:21:18 am by clanmother »
TTT

Offline clanmother

• TTT
    • Micmac Lock
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 01:28:18 am »
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 01:04:42 am by clanmother »
TTT

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 01:34:03 am »
Of course whether or not either of us is actually sane doesn't really matter one way or the other, except if I ever begin claiming to be Chief Moma Porcupine , and a representitve of the Porcupine First Nation, you would be wise to ask some more questions... A lot more questions...

It will be interesting to see where this all leads, and where it comes out at the end.. :)  I agree no one should just be taken at face value on the internet..  so we shall see what comes...  

Offline bls926

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 01:37:41 am »
So, there are two people with the name Ardy Born with 3 Thumbs? One female who is still living and one male who has passed on? And they are/were both Hereditary Chiefs of the Mi'kmaq people?

Having a hard time believing that. Unless one was named for the other, the probability is somewhere between slim and none at all. Since clanmother denies any relation to Trask . . . ????

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 01:40:38 am »
moma_ porcupine - it is either you are stupid or just a plain old fashion trouble maker. Legend has it that it is Bad Medicine to harass & abuse a Mi'kmaq Woman.

I'm sorry, what is it I said that you are considering harrassment and abuse? Could you quote that , along with the reply # and a link to the thread?

In my opinion, I have asked perfectly reasonable questions . All of which you side stepped. If you feel harrassed by being expected to be responsible for explaining the factual basis of your claim to be a Chief of a First Nation, that is your own perception, not anyone actually harrassing or abusing you.

me in my first post in this thread
Clan Mother , could you explain a bit about the history of this Born with three Thumbs First Nation?

Clan mother in reply #1
I was born in a Winter storm 1951 with 3 thumbs ...

So it sounds like the 3 Thumbs First Nation never existed until you were born and created it.

The whole meaning of the words First Nation reffers to the fact these collectively maintained identities were in existence as a Nation and as owners of Aboriginal Title, before other Nations arrived making claims to this continents resources.   

So the 3 thumbs First Nation is not a real First Nations.

When the general public has such a hard time recognizing and respecting Aboriginal Title and the meaning of the words 'First Nations", don't you feel you are contributing to the general public confusion and a disrespectful attitude by naming a group which appears to be your own creation, the 3 Thumbs First Nation?

Don't you feel your personal use of the term "First Nation" undermines and devalues the whole meaning of these words?

bls926
So, there are two people with the name Ardy Born with 3 Thumbs? One female who is still living and one male who has passed on? And they are/were both Hereditary Chiefs of the Mi'kmaq people?

Having a hard time believing that. Unless one was named for the other, the probability is somewhere between slim and none at all. Since clanmother denies any relation to Trask . . . ????

Um yeah... I am wondering about that too...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 01:44:54 am by Moma_porcupine »

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 01:40:46 am »
Critter, - Mother Earth is millions of years old - 50 or 75 years is not a long time to walk Her ... but, you are assured to see further - over 80. - TTT

Oh no.  Only one person ever in my life gave a prediction of my life that partially came to be..  and she held my hands..  no one ever..  ever ..  even the woman who claimed as a 'holy' person was ever correct...  

To say what you have said, will most likely mean my early death.  So.. I choose to not take it seriously..  no offense, just every time anyone's made a prediction in my life.. it's been wrong..  never to be.. or the opposite.  

I choose to live as simply as possible.. even with a simple mind.. and mostly with a simple heart.  My spirit and being and body and heart are in fragile state after the last year..  I just cannot take such words.. and so.. with no offense meant, I have to refuse your words of my life..  thank you.. and no disrespect meant..  

Offline bls926

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 01:51:44 am »
Critter, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Do you think clanmother can really predict the future? Wow . . . an Hereditary Chief and a fortuneteller! 

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 01:53:26 am »

I'm confused too.  I'm glad moma_porcupine is asking for clarity.. and I am hoping clan mother will bring it with response..  

Either way, it appears clan mother is fighting for something good..  it will be sad if she is mis representing in one way or another.. this or that..  I am hoping not..   ....