General > Frauds

Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"

<< < (175/254) > >>

czech:
I believe this has not been reposted here yet from the discussion below Al Carroll's article on Indybay
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2011/01/11/18668858.php
by "truthseeker":

How can a person committing misrepresentation, fraud and grand larceny be a feel good person with a message. After the show she's laughing at you all the way to the bank. I did some research on Kiesher Crowther. I also researched Al Carroll. I wrote to the Confederated Salish Kootenai Tribes. They validated Al Carrol. They distanced themselves from Kiesha Crowther as a fraud.....

Al Carrol is an Apache descendent and community college professor.

We have zero connection to Kiesha Crowther. Her online talks are not based in any kind of authentic knowledge from this tribe, or as far as I can tell, any tribe. The statement that's floating around was first shared on a website called Plastic shamans. I have not been able to trace the exact origin of the statement but I strongly suspect it was given by a member of our community who was so outraged by Kiesha that they took a personal risk in giving a statement they claimed was from our elders. However, the statement is very similar to a statement the elders will soon release, which will be authentic, official and posted on our web site.

I've been contacted by people from Hawaii, Spain, Denmark, Switzerland and Germany who appear to have given her great fees to speak. Zero dollars have come to support our language, culture, safety net programs of this reservation. We have no record of the family names she's shared in her many biographical posts. Nothing about her stories feels remotely authentic as pertaining to Salish, Lakota, or general Indian culture or beliefs.

Rob McDonald
Communications Director
Confederated Salish Kootenai Tribes
(406)675-2700, ext. 1222
robertmc [at] cskt.org

Freija:
I am really sorry for the Salish. Not only have they been grossly misrepresented, lied about, exploited and used for personal gain by a person who has no connection what so ever to that culture. On top of that they now have to deal with hundreds of inquiries, taking up their precious time normally used for dealing with the every day plight most Native American communities face.

It´s an extremely selfish, greedy and inconsiderate way of making a living.
Especially since she is using not only Native people but also the followers, their trust - their money - their loyalty.

goozih:
Kiesha "Little Grandmother" is  the DRIVE THRU OF SPIRITUALITY, get your crystals, Atlantian theories, Aliens,Pyramids,And this week 2 for one crystal skull special and did I say in "FULL REGALIA"

educatedindian:
The site that saved the content of the First Nations Cultural Theft blog also saved an earlier post of mine. I'll repost it below. It was a simple suggestion how Crowther could avoid the protests that seem to be hurting her, both her utter lack of credibility and financially.

-------------

Ms. Crowther, and anyone else in her inner circle, if you want to stop the protests against you, it's quite simple:

Drop all claims of being a "shaman" or chosen by any Native elder or elders. Period. All such claims have been proven false and everyone knows it.

Drop all claims of Native ancestry. Even your own family states that you are not and they are not Native.

Drop all use of Native spiritual items, pipes, drums, regalia, feathers, and face paint. Publicly admit you were wrong to use them.

Publicly proclaim what you are is simply a woman with your own message.

Quit relying on phony claims about being Native or chosen by Natives because everyone can see you are not.

Publicly admit and apologize for your previous lies. Then your life can go forward and you can deliver your message in peace.

Pay reparations to all those you have wronged.

Pay back all who want their money back.

Give HALF of all your previous earnings to the people you have wronged the most, the Salish.

Give the money to charities that serve the Salish.

It is wrong for you to live in a luxury home in Santa Fe that cost over $350,000 while making money off of Natives who often go hungry and cold.

--------

Like Sky pointed out, it's interesting that Crowther now has finally dropped completely any claim of Native ancestry in her bio, though she continues the "I was a made a shaman" claim by a supposed mystery elder no one else knows or heard of.

Really, if she were to drop the knockoffs of Native regalia, admit that she's just one individual with a message that was not appointed by anyone but herself, and apologize and pay reparations to the Salish, all the protests would stop.

syl9wil:
I happened upon a presentation of hers in Santa Fe while looking for another event (not a new age one FYI) and decided to check it out. I left after about 1.5 hours with a rather sick at heart feeling and in my intuitive gut realized she was not for real. Her stories about experiences with animals did not add up and were way too outlandish. She started the lecture yesterday with a "negative story" about herself and her assistant being robbed of money, credit cards, driver's license, and her colleague (I think she was some type of organizer) being robbed of her child's private school tuition money that was in her purse. She put a new age spin on the event and waxed philosophical about it, and stated that she would be called out for a police interview. Then she went into her guided meditation and, IMO has a hypnotic/trance like effect, planting seeds of such "love" and "compassion" that when she was allegedly called for the police interview (she claimed to have left her belongings in the kitchen, the event took place in a church) that several people passed the hats for a collection to help. Why would anyone leave that much money for tuition, in a purse, at an event like this? The thing is even I was taken in at first and pitched in, then in hindsight realized, what a con artist! And, she is good at this!

The whole thing smacked of phoniness - her assistant did not even seem surprised by any of this (the donation). There are no police reports in the paper that reference this. I came home and researched her and came across this forum. Just want to let others know about this scam and, feel sad about the vulnerability and lack of discernment among the participants.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version